Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159333 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #800 on: April 09, 2020, 02:45:18 pm »
Maryland releases race breakdown of coronavirus cases for first time
By Nathan Ruiz
Baltimore Sun |Apr 09, 2020

Maryland released information about the race of confirmed coronavirus cases for the first time Thursday, reporting that 42.7% of those infected whose race was known were black, 31.9% were white and 11.8% were another race.

Race data is not available for more than 20% of Maryland’s now 6,185 confirmed cases, but Gov. Larry Hogan said Tuesday he is directing the state health lab to report such data from its tests and “be as proactive as anyone in the nation” in pushing private labs to do the same.

Read more at:  https://www.baltimoresun.com/coronavirus/bs-md-coronavirus-race-data-20200409-ffim7y4bljcz3hjk4dmt773mp4-story.html?utm_medium=notification&utm_source=onesignal

Offline TomSea

« Reply #801 on: April 09, 2020, 02:54:07 pm »
US Charges 2 With Terror Crimes Over Threats to Spread CCP Virus
By The Associated Press   April 9, 2020

The Justice Department charged two people with federal terrorism offenses on April 8 for allegedly claiming they were intentionally trying to spread the CCP virus.

The charges, in cases in Texas and Florida, come about two weeks after Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen instructed federal prosecutors across the United States that they could charge people who threaten to spread the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus under the terrorism statutes because the Justice Department considers it a “biological agent” under the law.

“Threats or attempt to use COVID-19 as a weapon against Americans will not be tolerated,” Rosen wrote in the memo to U.S. attorneys and the heads of all Justice Department agencies, including the FBI.

Read more at:  https://www.ntd.com/us-charges-2-with-terror-crimes-over-threats-to-spread-ccp-virus_453806.html

Offline musiclady

« Reply #802 on: April 09, 2020, 02:56:25 pm »

The race data is collected on intake and is voluntary.  A lot of people choose not to answer race or ethnicity, so the numbers will never be accurate.

So the left's efforts to make this whole thing somehow race related will fail.....

As everything else they try does.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #803 on: April 09, 2020, 03:03:03 pm »

I may get slammed for this, but why the racism card be played because one particular demographic chooses less than healthy lifestyles than others?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #804 on: April 09, 2020, 03:25:15 pm »
New York hospitals discharge more coronavirus patients than they bring in for four straight days
https://www.theblaze.com/news/new-york-hospitals-discharge-more-coronavirus-patients-than-they-admit-for-four-straight-days
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DB

« Reply #805 on: April 09, 2020, 03:42:30 pm »
The masks reduce the velocity of your breath and thus the distance it can travel before the virus sinks out of the air.

Out of an abundance of caution, I am covering my face with a folded-up shawl when I'm around people not in immediate family (such as in a grocery store). Folded up to four layers it can reduce things by half.

Cloth over your mouth/nose could also act as an atomizer making the water particles smaller so they stay in the air longer... Who knows... The virus is also likely smaller than an N95 mask will reliably filter. So the only way to find out these things is detailed testing.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #806 on: April 09, 2020, 03:42:51 pm »
I may get slammed for this, but why the racism card be played because one particular demographic chooses less than healthy lifestyles than others?

No.  It's a good point.  Poor lifestyle choices create many comorbidities..... no matter what color one is.  Though very healthy people are dying daily from this, the majority of people dying have other health issues involved.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #807 on: April 09, 2020, 03:43:42 pm »
New York hospitals discharge more coronavirus patients than they bring in for four straight days
https://www.theblaze.com/news/new-york-hospitals-discharge-more-coronavirus-patients-than-they-admit-for-four-straight-days

This is very good news!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #808 on: April 09, 2020, 04:29:07 pm »
@Smokin Joe thanx for your reply
I am pretty sure, right after McConnell passes the unseen $250 billion small business relief bill on a voice vote, he'll start investigating the executive branch... :pondering:

sorry I got that wrong.  I meant to say I dunno what boondoggle Pelosi will pass, but the rats will be investigating President Trump's supposed ban on China travel really strongly.  They will do it because Trump keeps bringing it up ever news conference as his actions at the same time he was telling America it's a flu.

But now you and I know 4k Americans didn't die of the flu in the last 2 days.

This is going to be a really crappy week my friend.  Stay healthy.
Considering the criteria in some jurisdictions for attributing death to COVID-19, we don't know how many people died with it versus how many people died of it, nor are we likely to.

Considering the willingness of those jurisdictions to play politics with those deaths, someone who freezes to death in the streets who tests positive will go down as a coronavirus death, just to pad out the numbers and try to make someone else look bad.

I thought you were intelligent enough to not play that game.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #809 on: April 09, 2020, 07:38:26 pm »
Considering the criteria in some jurisdictions for attributing death to COVID-19, we don't know how many people died with it versus how many people died of it, nor are we likely to.

Considering the willingness of those jurisdictions to play politics with those deaths, someone who freezes to death in the streets who tests positive will go down as a coronavirus death, just to pad out the numbers and try to make someone else look bad.

I thought you were intelligent enough to not play that game.

How many of the 16,000 dead are crisis actors and does the President know about this?  He keeps feeding me disinformation daily.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #810 on: April 09, 2020, 07:39:22 pm »
How many of the 16,000 dead are crisis actors and does the President know about this?  He keeps feeding me disinformation daily.
That gobbet of Horse Manure is bad, even for you.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #811 on: April 09, 2020, 09:03:28 pm »
This is a game-changer:

The Trump Admin will allow retail pharmacies to begin administering COVID19 tests @OANN will have on the CEO of the National Association of Chain Drug Stores to explain what this means

Tune in, folks!— Jack M. Posobiec, IWO (@JackPosobiec) April 9, 2020

« Reply #812 on: April 09, 2020, 09:45:17 pm »
The White House will now be administering COVID-19 tests to all journalists who will be present at the daily briefing with @realDonaldTrump, per @whca and the @WhiteHouse— Jeff Mason (@jeffmason1) April 9, 2020

Oh, to be a fly on the wall ....   88devil

« Reply #813 on: April 09, 2020, 09:53:31 pm »
BREAKING: Department of Health and Human Services has issued authorization for licensed retail pharmacies to begin ordering and administering COVID19 tests - @OANN— Jack M. Posobiec, IWO (@JackPosobiec) April 9, 2020

Online Hoodat

« Reply #814 on: April 09, 2020, 09:55:27 pm »
Just rolled into New Orleans airport. The place is virtually deserted except for 17 TSA agents all bunched up together manning the lone check point. None of them were wearing masks or gloves.  All were within 3' of each other. 
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #815 on: April 09, 2020, 10:07:04 pm »
Today's briefing is delayed because POTUS is/was on a conference call with Russia and Saudi Arabia.  New start time:  6:30 pm ET

Online libertybele

« Reply #816 on: April 09, 2020, 10:18:59 pm »
Just rolled into New Orleans airport. The place is virtually deserted except for 17 TSA agents all bunched up together manning the lone check point. None of them were wearing masks or gloves.  All were within 3' of each other.

Idiots.  We had a TSA agent at our local airport test positive for COVID-19.  First time in weeks I actually ventured out to the store.  I had on an anti-viral mask covering my face from just above my nose to just below my chin and gloves.  The store was clearly marked as to the distance people needed to be to correctly social distance from one another.  Very few adhered to the social distancing markers, even fewer wore something around their nose and mouths and two wore bandanas around their mouth but left their nose exposed.  I had gone to the doctors and thought that since I was out, I'd stop at the store...nope...not going out again for awhile.  Too many people who are doing nothing to protect themselves or protect others.  Very inconsiderate.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #817 on: April 09, 2020, 10:21:20 pm »
Here in CT the governor just extended the "stay at home" and business closures to May 21. Got the message via pre-recorded phone a little while ago.

I think schools are all "closed for the season".
We'll see if they open in September...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #818 on: April 09, 2020, 10:47:50 pm »
Here in CT the governor just extended the "stay at home" and business closures to May 21. Got the message via pre-recorded phone a little while ago.

I think schools are all "closed for the season".
We'll see if they open in September...
Pennsylvania schools are closed for the rest of the (usual) school year, too.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #819 on: April 09, 2020, 11:12:21 pm »
IHME_UW @IHME_UW
New data from several states indicates a decline in the overall deaths we predict for the US. It’s important to note that our forecasts range from 126,703 to 31,221 deaths. As data comes in, our estimates will change, much like weather forecasts adjust. http://ms.spr.ly/6014TeCpg

1:30 PM · Apr 9, 2020
So tomorrow's weather will be sunny, with highs in the low-70s. Or snowing. And sub-zero. Or 123 degrees.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #820 on: April 09, 2020, 11:14:20 pm »
So tomorrow's weather will be sunny, with highs in the low-70s. Or snowing. And sub-zero. Or 123 degrees.

Yep!  You got it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #821 on: April 09, 2020, 11:31:14 pm »

On the presumption you are a middle-aged, educated, career working White Man EVERYTHING is your fault. It doesn't matter if it is racism, income inequality, gender bias, etc.

The sooner you just stop trying the sooner this world can go completely to shit and after they have destroyed themselves you can start again.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #822 on: April 09, 2020, 11:32:54 pm »

Like they say here. Don't like the weather? Wait ten minutes.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Hoodat

« Reply #823 on: April 09, 2020, 11:36:31 pm »
One thing is for sure.  They are eager to tally cases and deaths, but reluctant to tally recoveries here in the US.

04-09-2020 | 23:23 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  3.344 ↑  4.158 ↓
United States  1.520 ↓ 18.512 ↓
China 23.199 ↑  1.058 ↓

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 33,961
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 33.2 %  ↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Two-thirds of cased diagnosed 14 days ago remain categorized as active by default.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

Lady from Amarillo contracted virus on overseas trip, hydroxychloroquine cured it...excerpted for copyright reasons:

“It was the worst 2 weeks of my life”: Woman recovers from coronavirus
By Cassie Stafford | April 2, 2020 at 10:11 PM EDT - Updated April 4 at 11:11 PM

“I started getting a really bad headache,” said Taylor. “Then the headache went from a cough, to sore throat, to nausea, to really bad fatigue… real bad fatigue. It just continually, progressively got worse. [I also had] a low grade fever. The low grade fever was like 99 to 100 for about six days, and then day six was when it got really bad.”

It wasn’t until she was given hydroxychloroquine, a drug used to treat Malaria, that things started looking up.

“After I started taking the Malaria medicine, I started to feel a lot better,” she said. “Like, the next day.”

Read more at:  https://www.nbc12.com/2020/04/03/it-was-worst-weeks-my-life-woman-recovers-coronavirus/

There really shouldn't be much controversy about it.