Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159320 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #675 on: April 06, 2020, 10:38:45 pm »
Frank Fabian  @FrankFabian63
So Hydroxycloroquine costs about 15 cents per dose, usually only 10 pills for full recovery.   Millions of doses have been given to US for free.  But the left thinks DJT is pushing the drug because he has a financial interest?
5:36 PM · Apr 6, 2020

That's the implication.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

« Reply #676 on: April 06, 2020, 10:41:40 pm »
   Trump is kicking azz and taking names, again.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #677 on: April 06, 2020, 10:42:58 pm »
   'We got so many bullets, we don't know what to do with them'.   :rolling:   
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #678 on: April 06, 2020, 10:56:29 pm »
So Hydroxycloroquine costs about 15 cents per dose, usually only 10 pills for full recovery.   Millions of doses have been given to US for free.  But the left thinks DJT is pushing the drug because he has a financial interest?

Unbounded ignorance on display!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #679 on: April 06, 2020, 11:51:44 pm »
That writer, Max Boot, he's not a real totally conservative writer, he wrote some nasty column. I'm not sure of his total outlook but I believe he acknowledges he is no "social conservative", so why call him conservative at all? Where he is conservative might come down to foreign affairs and I don't think one can define themselves as a conservative in that way.  I would say, if you strongly believe in the Constitution is a first step towards being conservative. Anyway, try a news search, there is at least, one article I saw commenting on Max's scorching article.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #680 on: April 06, 2020, 11:55:34 pm »
That writer, Max Boot, he's not a real totally conservative writer, he wrote some nasty column. I'm not sure of his total outlook but I believe he acknowledges he is no "social conservative", so why call him conservative at all? Where he is conservative might come down to foreign affairs and I don't think one can define themselves as a conservative in that way.  I would say, if you strongly believe in the Constitution is a first step towards being conservative. Anyway, try a news search, there is at least, one article I saw commenting on Max's scorching article.

Boot is the definition of an "anti-trumper".  He'w up there with David From...Jennnifer Rubin and Bill Kristol.  Right now he's not "conservative" in any way shape or form.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #681 on: April 06, 2020, 11:57:37 pm »
No Evidence of Rapid Antiviral Clearance or Clinical Benefit with the Combination of Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin in Patients with Severe COVID-19 Infection

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0399077X20300858

This more high-brow than I can read and understand, but it appears the latest study on hydroxychloroquine shows it only benefits the pocket books of those heavily invested in it.
The study only had 11 patients, a very small sample size.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Hoodat

« Reply #682 on: April 07, 2020, 12:43:03 am »
Millions of doses have been given to US for free.  But the left thinks DJT is pushing the drug because he has a financial interest?

As a general rule, any time the Left accuses you of wrongdoing, is because they are already doing it themselves.  There is nothing financially exclusive about a generic drug already produced by multiple manufacturers in a competitive market.  However, there will be a huge financial windfall to the one manufacturer who is first to bring a vaccine to market, a windfall that will be further enhanced if there is no effective treatment available.

Follow the money.  Look for those connected to finding a vaccine.  They will be the loudest critics of any drug treatments.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #683 on: April 07, 2020, 01:14:01 am »
Do you know of any company that has experienced a sharp rise in stock price because they manufacture generic hydroxychloroquine?  Mylan stock has dropped 17% since Mar 1.  Bayer, Novartis, Amneal, and Teva are literally giving away the drug away, not exactly a profit reaping scheme.  So explain exactly how this is some shallow snake-oil sales attempt to rip off consumers?
@Hoodat
I think maybe I'm just not as big of a fan of Big Pharma as others here.  I used to be an optimist, but I'm becoming more cynical by the day.  When I see people pushing a miracle cure, before testing, I wonder who is making bank off it.  When the GOP and the rats pass a unanimous $2T bill without reading it, I wonder what medical rules and expenditures it holds.  I'm not implying the President, Peter Navarro, Senator Kelly Loeffler, or any of the drug manufactures in particular has less than altruistic motives.  I don't have that the kind of imagination.   

http://broughttolife.sciencemuseum.org.uk/broughttolife/themes/controversies/thalidomide  History shows the consequence of not testing.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 01:33:45 am by Once-Ler »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #684 on: April 07, 2020, 01:36:52 am »
LA doctor seeing success with hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19
By ABC7.com staff
Sunday, April 5, 2020 10:48PM

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Los Angeles doctor said he is seeing significant success in prescribing the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine in combination with zinc to treat patients with severe symptoms of COVID-19.

Hydroxychloroquine has been touted as a possible treatment for COVID-19 by President Trump among others, but it remains controversial as some experts believe it is unproven and may not be effective.

The drug has long been used for treatment of malaria and conditions such as lupus and arthritis but is not technically approved by the FDA for COVID-19. The agency, however, is encouraging trials and has provided limited emergency authorization for its use to treat COVID-19 patients.

Read more at:  https://abc7.com/coronavirus-drug-covid-19-malaria-hydroxychloroquine/6079864/

Offline TomSea

« Reply #685 on: April 07, 2020, 01:38:25 am »
@Hoodat
I think maybe I'm just not as big of a fan of Big Pharma as others here.  I used to be an optimist, but I'm becoming more cynical by the day.  When I see people pushing a miracle cure, before testing, I wonder who is making bank off it.  When the GOP and the rats pass a unanimous $2T bill without reading it, I wonder what medical rules and expenditures it holds.  I'm not implying the President, Peter Navarro, Senator Kelly Loeffler, or any of the drug manufactures in particular has less than altruistic motives.  I don't have that the kind of imagination.   

http://broughttolife.sciencemuseum.org.uk/broughttolife/themes/controversies/thalidomide  History shows the consequence of not testing.

I'm hearing a lot of the inventory is old, well, it can't be too old and costing $20 bucks a treatment?

« Reply #686 on: April 07, 2020, 01:39:36 am »

President Trump said yesterday the government has 29 million doses or enough to treat 2.9 million Americans at "10 pills for full recovery."  We have 370,000 infected Americans tested so we are set for the next 2.5 million infections.  I read millions of doses were donated...anyone care how many we bought?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 01:41:44 am by Once-Ler »

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #687 on: April 07, 2020, 02:29:24 am »
I think maybe I'm just not as big of a fan of Big Pharma as others here.  ...

*****rollingeyes***** Feel free to refuse to use there products, then. That'll teach 'em a lesson. *****rollingeyes*****
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

« Reply #688 on: April 07, 2020, 02:38:42 am »
*****rollingeyes***** Feel free to refuse to use there products, then. That'll teach 'em a lesson. *****rollingeyes*****

I am 100% hydroxychloroquine free.  I can't say the same about THC, nicotine, or Zoloft.

Online corbe

« Reply #689 on: April 07, 2020, 03:00:11 am »
   The sooner you #Nevers start taking your daily dose of hydroxychloroquine the better off we'll all be.   :beer:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 03:01:25 am by corbe »

« Reply #690 on: April 07, 2020, 03:12:54 am »
   The sooner you #Nevers start taking your daily dose of hydroxychloroquine the better off we'll all be.   :beer:

@Mandrake Hydroxychloroquine is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

Online corbe

« Reply #691 on: April 07, 2020, 03:17:38 am »
   I'm really disappointed now, the COVIDS Gone Wild 2020 was scheduled to be released today.    8888crybaby

« Reply #692 on: April 07, 2020, 03:23:29 am »
I'm slowly going through today's press conference.  I have heard President Trump fallback on it's Obama'a fault several times.  He's been President for 3+ years.  Just saying.  Half way in I'm thinking this wasn't his best performance.

I miss Dr Fauci too.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 03:24:27 am by Once-Ler »

Online corbe

« Reply #693 on: April 07, 2020, 03:46:42 am »
   I watched until they pulled Pence off the bench, I thought he did well.  A Reporterette keep bringing up this IG Hospital Shortage report and when Trump FINALLY discovered it was an X obummer IG, it was somewhat sideways from there.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #694 on: April 07, 2020, 04:00:25 am »
Live updates from the BBC from around the world ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-52178501

Offline TomSea

« Reply #695 on: April 07, 2020, 04:21:50 am »
Two Walmart employees at the same Chicago-area store have died of coronavirus - as one family files a wrongful death lawsuit
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8194065/Two-Walmart-employees-Chicago-area-store-died-coronavirus.html

At first, that kind of freaks me out and then I think, well, Walmart must have thousands of employees nationwide.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

« Reply #697 on: April 07, 2020, 04:36:44 am »
Not very cheery, there have been a lot of articles like this, not this bad but I heard one Governor say 40-80% of their state would get it.:

‘Everyone’ will likely be infected with coronavirus ‘at some point,’ California health official says
Edmund DeMarche

A Santa Clara County health official said Monday that her department will likely be dealing with the new coronavirus “for a very, very long time,” and at some point, everyone will probably be infected.

Dr. Sarah Cody, the director of the county’s health department, said that the state’s shelter-in-place order will “slow things down” and enable health officials to spread out those who are severely ill who require hospitalizations, SFGate.com reported.

“I just have to keep reminding myself that this is a marathon and we have to keep ourselves nourished somehow, and we have to keep our energy good.”

More: https://www.foxnews.com/health/everyone-will-likely-be-likely-be-infected-with-coronavirus-at-some-point-california-health-official-says

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #698 on: April 07, 2020, 04:39:35 am »
No Evidence of Rapid Antiviral Clearance or Clinical Benefit with the Combination of Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin in Patients with Severe COVID-19 Infection

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0399077X20300858

This more high-brow than I can read and understand, but it appears the latest study on hydroxychloroquine shows it only benefits the pocket books of those heavily invested in it.
That isn't what the quote said at all.

Hydroxychloroquine + Z pack=100% viral clearance  in nasal swabs after 5-6 days (SUCCESS!)
Hydroxychloroquine alone = 57.1% clearance (partial success)
Neither administered= 12.5% (natural recovery, in the same time span)

What that shows is that in their small study group, the combination of Hydroxychloroquine and zpacks had great success, all patients cured, vs just hydroxy chloroquine (roughly 6 of 10 patients cured) vs neither (1 in 8 cured).

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #699 on: April 07, 2020, 04:55:56 am »
That isn't what the quote said at all.

Hydroxychloroquine + Z pack=100% viral clearance  in nasal swabs after 5-6 days (SUCCESS!)
Hydroxychloroquine alone = 57.1% clearance (partial success)
Neither administered= 12.5% (natural recovery, in the same time span)

What that shows is that in their small study group, the combination of Hydroxychloroquine and zpacks had great success, all patients cured, vs just hydroxy chloroquine (roughly 6 of 10 patients cured) vs neither (1 in 8 cured).

Well then it is a terrible title for the study.  I wonder why the authors put their names on it?  Also I picked the first text I could copy, I didn't claim to understand it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 04:57:39 am by Once-Ler »