Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159273 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #625 on: April 06, 2020, 02:29:46 pm »
81,766 COVID-19 deaths in USA projected by August 4, 2020
https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

This site gives state-by-state projections, but I have no idea whether they should be relied upon.
Well, they are screwy for ND so far. They are showing more deaths per day then the cumulative, here.
(3 cumulative actual so far, Projected, added together through April 5 is 30, off by a factor of 10)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #626 on: April 06, 2020, 02:37:44 pm »
Healthcare in Germany is superior.  That simple.

Don't know if it still is true, but back in early 1990s, a friend that had two forms of terminal cancer said that in the USA, only 42% of people benefit from therapies for cancer, whereas in Germany, I believe it was 78% were benefited by therapies for cancer, with chemo and radiation being used far less.  They applied a more homeopathic approach to fighting cancer he told me.

The Germans doing things better than the USA is no surprise.  I think their education system is far superior to that in the USA.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #627 on: April 06, 2020, 02:45:28 pm »

Don't know if it still is true, but back in early 1990s, a friend that had two forms of terminal cancer said that in the USA, only 42% of people benefit from therapies for cancer, whereas in Germany, I believe it was 78% were benefited by therapies for cancer, with chemo and radiation being used far less.  They applied a more homeopathic approach to fighting cancer he told me.

The Germans doing things better than the USA is no surprise.  I think their education system is far superior to that in the USA.

There is one more factor.
At then beginning anyway, Germany was only counting deaths due to COVID-19 if the person died in the hospital, and if there we no underlying conditions.
That is what accounted for them having such a low death rate in the beginning.
With 80 million people, they have 100,000 cases now, which on par with the US 330 million population, and 337K cases.
I work for German company, and while their medical treatment is quite good, it's no better or worse than our own.

Online DB

« Reply #628 on: April 06, 2020, 03:15:54 pm »

The USA has the highest overall cancer survival rate in the world.

Period.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #629 on: April 06, 2020, 03:24:02 pm »
Want to add more Chicom fishy data to this event?

https://forextv.com/market-news/only-9-of-the-worlds-top-100-billionaires-have-gotten-richer-during-the-pandemic-and-all-are-chinese/

<snipit>

But over the past two months, more than $400 billion has vanished from the pocketbooks of the world’s richest 100 billionaires. That means all their gains over the last two and half years have evaporated during this crisis, according to a new report by wealth-list compiler Hurun Research.

Nearly all of the 100 tycoons lost money during this period, from Jan. 31 to Mar. 31 — lots of money. Only nine didn’t, and most striking, all nine are Chinese.

==========================================
Like the old axiom always says...   Follow the money!!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #630 on: April 06, 2020, 03:33:21 pm »
Want to add more Chicom fishy data to this event?

https://forextv.com/market-news/only-9-of-the-worlds-top-100-billionaires-have-gotten-richer-during-the-pandemic-and-all-are-chinese/

<snipit>

But over the past two months, more than $400 billion has vanished from the pocketbooks of the world’s richest 100 billionaires. That means all their gains over the last two and half years have evaporated during this crisis, according to a new report by wealth-list compiler Hurun Research.

Nearly all of the 100 tycoons lost money during this period, from Jan. 31 to Mar. 31 — lots of money. Only nine didn’t, and most striking, all nine are Chinese.

==========================================
Like the old axiom always says...   Follow the money!!!!!!
It would be interesting to see how Soros did during this crisis.  Bet he is making money....

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #631 on: April 06, 2020, 04:03:52 pm »
I've heard bad and good about Bill Gates in the last few weeks.  A lot of conspiracy-type theories around. Here is an article from the mainstream press, I heard something about this yesterday. He's also wanting?? What a 10-week lockdown I believe.

Bill Gates is spending billions to produce 7 potential coronavirus vaccines
The billionaire told The Daily Show the move will waste billions of dollars, but will save precious time.
By   Joseph Guzman

Story at a glance

Gates said that at most his foundation would end up picking two out of the seven vaccine candidates.

That means billions of dollars spent on manufacturing would be abandoned.

He said it’s worth it, as the world is in a situation where the economy is losing trillions of dollars.

Microsoft founder and billionaire philanthropist Bill Gates said his foundation is funding the construction of factories that will manufacture seven promising coronavirus vaccines.

Read more at: https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/491006-bill-gates-is-funding-factories-for-7-potential

Offline musiclady

« Reply #632 on: April 06, 2020, 04:11:14 pm »

It only seems that way because in America every child goes to high school and in Germany only the best students do and the rest are sent to some form of vocational training.

If we only tested the top students in America, the comparison would be more accurate.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DB

« Reply #633 on: April 06, 2020, 04:32:16 pm »
"Mysterious Heart Damage, Not Just Lung Troubles, Befalling COVID-19 Patients"

https://khn.org/news/mysterious-heart-damage-not-just-lung-troubles-befalling-covid-19-patients/

The above is troubling...

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #634 on: April 06, 2020, 04:44:32 pm »

(Posted this on the Texas thread, thought others might benefit too)

Here is my checklist ordering pizza, and  grocery pickups too for that matter.  (Kind of an offshoot of my health department and laboratory days as a youngster)

1. Pre-sterilize staging station in kitchen. I use a cloth wipe and 10% bleach solution in spray bottle.  Have egresses like doors open @delivery so knobs are not cross contaminated.
2. Like Papa Johns or others have the delivery placed on a pedestal, and have them back off 10 feet.
3. Take box(es) to disinfection station.
4. Double wipe each box with bleach solution, with box at least getting moist at every point, and a one second contact all 100% of the surface.  Including bottoms of box.
5. Open disinfected boxes, and wth thongs,
6. Re-disinfect thongs, and relocate each piece to a clean household container. Close and refigerate what you don't use.
7. After all pieces have been relocated, and making sure door egress is open, move empty boxes to trash recepticle.
8. Disnfect all door knobs and staging station with bleach solution.
9. Wash hands per CDC guidelines.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #635 on: April 06, 2020, 05:05:25 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #636 on: April 06, 2020, 05:10:09 pm »
"Mysterious Heart Damage, Not Just Lung Troubles, Befalling COVID-19 Patients"

https://khn.org/news/mysterious-heart-damage-not-just-lung-troubles-befalling-covid-19-patients/

The above is troubling...

Yes, there is a lot we don't know and I don't think we want to find out too late.

Some of these are Chinese studies, so with those, there is a bit of room for disbelief with me.

Offline corbe

« Reply #637 on: April 06, 2020, 05:22:05 pm »
   I understand @Cyber Liberty
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DB

« Reply #638 on: April 06, 2020, 05:23:25 pm »

Don't look and you'll be whatever you already were...

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #639 on: April 06, 2020, 05:42:10 pm »
Dr. Fauci is the "leading expert" on infectious diseases and has served under six presidents.  He is used to going through the protocols of research and testing and it seems to me, because of his background and reputation, he doesn't want to just go ahead and randomly suggest that chloroquine or hydroxycholorquine and other drugs will work in treating this virus especially since the drugs are being used off label.  IMHO I think he's letting his reputation and years of experience interfere with telling the medical profession to use it as a last resort to save lives.  There is a possibility that he is also perhaps letting politics play a role in all of this as well.

I first heard about Dr. Fauci when Reagan was President. He was one of the first people to figure out what was happening with AIDS.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #640 on: April 06, 2020, 05:46:25 pm »
Tiger at Bronx Zoo Tests Positive for Coronavirus

Zoo officials said Nadia and six other large cats have developed a dry cough, but are all expected to recover

Published April 5, 2020   â€¢ Updated on April 6, 2020 at 12:33 am
A 4-year-old Malayan tiger at the Bronx Zoo has tested positive for COVID-19, the zoo announced Sunday. It is the first instance of a tiger testing positive for the virus, the USDA said.

Nadia, the COVID-19 positive tiger, was exposed by an asymptomatic worker, the zoo said. The zoo says "appropriate preventative measures" have been implemented to care for the cats and minimize further exposure.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/tiger-at-bronx-zoo-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/2360876/

888cryingkitty 888cryingkitty 888cryingkitty
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 05:47:21 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #641 on: April 06, 2020, 06:42:44 pm »

No it's not superior.  Spent from 2010 - 2016 over there.  It's a government run/mandatory insurance hybrid.  And if you've got the $$$$ or military insurance you're good to go.  If you don't have either of those the level of care depends on what you can afford.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #642 on: April 06, 2020, 06:43:42 pm »
No it's not superior.  Spent from 2010 - 2016 over there.  It's a government run/mandatory insurance hybrid.  And if you've got the $$$$ or military insurance you're good to go.  If you don't have either of those the level of care depends on what you can afford.

Sounds a tad like Canada doesn't it?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #643 on: April 06, 2020, 07:40:23 pm »
Sounds a tad like Canada doesn't it?

It is to a certain extent.  It's the only care system I've ever seen where the family brings the patient food from the house if they want to eat on a regular basis.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #644 on: April 06, 2020, 08:26:58 pm »
(Posted this on the Texas thread, thought others might benefit too)

Here is my checklist ordering pizza, and  grocery pickups too for that matter.  (Kind of an offshoot of my health department and laboratory days as a youngster)

1. Pre-sterilize staging station in kitchen. I use a cloth wipe and 10% bleach solution in spray bottle.  Have egresses like doors open @delivery so knobs are not cross contaminated.
2. Like Papa Johns or others have the delivery placed on a pedestal, and have them back off 10 feet.
3. Take box(es) to disinfection station.
4. Double wipe each box with bleach solution, with box at least getting moist at every point, and a one second contact all 100% of the surface.  Including bottoms of box.
5. Open disinfected boxes, and wth thongs,
6. Re-disinfect thongs, and relocate each piece to a clean household container. Close and refigerate what you don't use.
7. After all pieces have been relocated, and making sure door egress is open, move empty boxes to trash recepticle.
8. Disnfect all door knobs and staging station with bleach solution.
9. Wash hands per CDC guidelines.

Good info.  Thanks!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #645 on: April 06, 2020, 08:32:08 pm »
Just a fact for the need for additional hospital beds:

In addition to the fact that thousands of people are being hospitalized for COVID, part of the reason for the need for additional beds, and why health care officials are trying to slow the spread by social distancing and restrictions is because of the extended stay in the hospital for COVID 19.

The average stay in a hospital for a patient is THREE days.
The average stay for COVID is TWENTY days.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that increased hospitalizations take up many extra beds that would normally be vacated in roughly a sixth of the time.

While hospitals increase capacity and are using other facilities for patients, the social distancing we are doing is giving them more time and because of that saving lives, not only of the patients, but of the healthcare workers who are putting themselves in danger by caring for them.

So keep up what you're doing in staying home.

It's having an effect.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #646 on: April 06, 2020, 08:42:15 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #647 on: April 06, 2020, 08:46:41 pm »

@Bigun Dr. Birx is part of that group too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #648 on: April 06, 2020, 08:47:57 pm »
@txradioguy

Yeah! I know. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #649 on: April 06, 2020, 08:59:59 pm »
From a Twitter Thread by Sean Davis of the Federalist shows how off the IMHE (Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation) models being touted in panic stories everywhere are extremely off.

Sean Davis
✔
@seanmdav
Replying to @seanmdav
On April 2, IMHE predicted that 4,158 people in Florida would be hospitalized right now due to the coronavirus. The actual number of hospitalizations in Florida? 1,572. The "new" IMHE model claims 4,037 Floridians will be hospitalized by th end of the day. Utter nonsense.

Sean Davis
✔
@seanmdav
Replying to @seanmdav
On April 2, IMHE predicted that 72,177 New Yorkers would be hospitalized today due to the Wuhan coronavirus. The actual number? 28,092.

Sean Davis
✔
@seanmdav
Replying to @seanmdav
On April 2, IMHE predicted that 4,621 people in Georgia would be hospitalized today because of the Wuhan coronavirus. The actual number right now? 1,296.

Sean Davis
✔
@seanmdav
Replying to @seanmdav
IMHE predicted on April 2 that 7,160 people in Louisiana would be hospitalized today because of the Wuhan coronavirus. The actual number right now? 1,803.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/04/06/utter-nonsense-sean-davis-takes-imhe-covid-models-apart-with-examples-of-hot-spot-states-in-must-read-thread/

The notices for such high numbers are many and none of them are good for anyone except the politicians that will seize on them either way for their own purposes.