Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159290 times)

Offline EdinVA

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #500 on: April 02, 2020, 06:56:09 pm »
This thread on twitter is worth reading:https://twitter.com/seanmdav/status/1245742822512381954

Too much reliance on technology and not enough common sense.
If a computer says it is true, then we need look no further.... right...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #501 on: April 02, 2020, 07:01:17 pm »
Are you calling what my own daughter told me directly "Fake News" @Once-Ler ?
@Bigun What he doesn't get is that when those millions of new shut ins lost their jobs, they lost their health insurance, too. Oops. One domino tips another.
People with insurance (and jobs) are a hell of a lot more likely to see a doctor than people with neither.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #502 on: April 02, 2020, 07:02:16 pm »
I have no fear.  I'm not out mass buying anything.  I'm not buying into the myth of 200K dead and "we haven't hit peak yet".  I'm not screaming from the rooftops that we "NEED TO STAY INSIDE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!"

I'm not the one buying into the media induced hype/panic.

But thanks for your attempt at projection on this.

Education is power.  Information is not panic.  Listening to the medical community (not the leftist media, in case you missed it the last 5 times I’ve explained it) is the intelligent response to what’s going on medically.

You can ignore the information if that makes you feel better, but stop accusing those of us who choose not to live in ignorance of being panicked.

I’m not.  And if you accuse me again of it, you will be deliberately making a false accusation.

And I know you’re a better man than that, so I’m confident you won’t do it again.

Now be safe.  Stay home.  Stay healthy.  God bless.

Edited to add:  How can I be "projecting" when I'm just throwing your own projection right back at you?

Is. a. Puzzlement.   happy77

« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 08:42:36 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #503 on: April 02, 2020, 07:05:03 pm »
@libertybele

Is every death in your county caused by CCP Flu now like NY or are normal causes still in play there?

What is being reported is the number who have tested positive for the virus.  Out of that number how many have been hospitalized, the age, how many are residents or non residents of FL, sex, and how many have died.  So we have 245 cases in my county, ages ranging from 10 to 96, 1 resident not in FL, 8 non-residents in FL, 124 men, 121 women, 10 deaths and 50 hospitalizations.

The data given is only based on those recorded as testing positive for the virus.  Same data for all other counties with Miami-Dade having the largest number of cases testing positive, with Broward ranking 2nd; which is where they are now unloading 2 cruise ships of sick people.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #504 on: April 02, 2020, 07:10:04 pm »
David Burge
@iowahawkblog

Inside every American is an bleep 'vice principal' itching to bust out and demand to see your hall pass
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #505 on: April 02, 2020, 07:11:32 pm »
Great posts @musiclady I don't know that I can add anything but to agree that we are all scared, and it's very hard to have a rational response in that state.  Don't take it personally when others tell you not to have your own opinion.  It takes a long time to break old habits, and some of will fight it until the death toll become too hard to ignore.  Take solace that while our government is imperfect, none of us wants more death, and our government is listening.

A couple of things........ I’m not scared.  I’m alert.   There’s a difference.

Second..... I find it remarkable that there are a handful of people here (fortunately not many) who not only don’t want you to have an educated opinion, but make silly accusations to try to force you to have the same opinion as they do, even though their opinion is not based in fact.

I see that as insecurity.  If they were confident (and some other posters are) they would just post alternate opinions rather than mock the majority of us who are taking a serious situation seriously.

I wish them all well, but I sure would like for this thread to be about facts, and not accusations. 

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #506 on: April 02, 2020, 07:14:33 pm »
Ezra Levant @ezralevant

1. This is New York City's list of deaths from Coronavirus as of this morning. It's 1,397.
18 of those are people who died ONLY of the virus. The rest died of the virus and something else. Or perhaps they died of something else, but also had the virus.
https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/downloads/pdf/imm/covid-19-daily-data-summary-deaths.pdf
2:39 PM · Apr 2, 2020

2. That doesn't lessen the tragedy or the public health urgency of fighting the virus. But it suggests we can have a different approach to people who are at a low risk versus people who are at a high risk.
Protect people with underlying conditions. Let the rest go to work.

3. Perhaps the most striking fact from New York City's stats is that of age. Only one person under 18 has died (and he had an underlying condition. Yet our schools are closed.

4. Only 61 people under the age of 45 have died, and all but 5 had underlying conditions. According to this chart, under 45's are 61% of the NYC population. https://baruch.cuny.edu/nycdata/population-geography/age_distribution.htm
But under 45s are only 5% of the deaths.
I did see a chart regarding this virus and its age distribution in Buffalo, New York. Buffalo had been a hotspot but it appears to be leveling off here—new cases are generally slowing down and what new cases are showing up are mostly essential workers in crowded places like health care, prisons, nursing homes and the such. Very few under 20 are getting this. Very few over 70 are, either—a sign that "Matilda's Law" as Cuomo puts it is working well here. Most of the cases are in their 20s, 30s and 40s.

Somewhat surprisingly, Erie County, PA, with a city of over 100,000, has largely been unscathed so far. Only 13 cases, and five were just added today.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #507 on: April 02, 2020, 07:17:32 pm »
Adam Townsend
@adamscrabble
 Â· Apr 1
Updated NYC Covid-19 numbers. Note the cases with no underlying conditions

Explains why NY’s Covid 19 fatality numbers are inflated. They dont’t distinguish between those who die with the disease and those who die from it.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 07:19:33 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #508 on: April 02, 2020, 07:21:18 pm »
What is being reported is the number who have tested positive for the virus.  Out of that number how many have been hospitalized, the age, how many are residents or non residents of FL, sex, and how many have died.  So we have 245 cases in my county, ages ranging from 10 to 96, 1 resident not in FL, 8 non-residents in FL, 124 men, 121 women, 10 deaths and 50 hospitalizations.

The data given is only based on those recorded as testing positive for the virus.  Same data for all other counties with Miami-Dade having the largest number of cases testing positive, with Broward ranking 2nd; which is where they are now unloading 2 cruise ships of sick people.

So all 10 of the people who have died in your county will have COVID-19 as the cause of death on their death certificates regardless of any other condition they may have been suffering from?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #509 on: April 02, 2020, 07:21:33 pm »
Adam Townsend
@adamscrabble
 Â· Apr 1
Updated NYC Covid-19 numbers. Note the cases with no underlying conditions

Explains why NY’s Covid 19 fatality numbers are inflated. They dont’t distinguish between those who die with the disease and those who die from it.

QFT!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #510 on: April 02, 2020, 07:24:34 pm »
QFT!

@Smokin Joe and that's just new York.  I wonder how many other cities and states are doing the same thing?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #511 on: April 02, 2020, 07:25:02 pm »
I did see a chart regarding this virus and its age distribution in Buffalo, New York. Buffalo had been a hotspot but it appears to be leveling off here—new cases are generally slowing down and what new cases are showing up are mostly essential workers in crowded places like health care, prisons, nursing homes and the such. Very few under 20 are getting this. Very few over 70 are, either—a sign that "Matilda's Law" as Cuomo puts it is working well here. Most of the cases are in their 20s, 30s and 40s.

Somewhat surprisingly, Erie County, PA, with a city of over 100,000, has largely been unscathed so far. Only 13 cases, and five were just added today.

A few days ago, of the 867 cases in Ohio, 145 were health care workers.

That’s 17%.  All healthy, not old, doing their jobs to save lives.

THEY are the reason the rest of us need to be vigilant and keep the curve as flat as we can.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #512 on: April 02, 2020, 07:26:33 pm »
04-02-2020 | 19:10 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  2.911 ↑  5.534 ↓
United States  1.806 ↓ 23.041 ↑
China 23.028 ↑  1.068 ↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Huge uptick in both reported cases and deaths in US as States update their data.  Orleans/Jefferson Parishes, La. now has highest concentration of cases per population in the US.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #513 on: April 02, 2020, 07:39:38 pm »
So all 10 of the people who have died in your county will have COVID-19 as the cause of death on their death certificates regardless of any other condition they may have been suffering from?

What I do know based on the stats given is that 50 are being hospitalized because of COVID-19 of the 245 positive cases reported and 10 have died.

Just because one has a heart condition and dies also having COVID-19 doesn't mean that their primary cause of death is because of the heart condition. It has been reported that those with heart disease, diabetes, lung disease, liver disease, asthma or other underlying conditions are much more likely to die from COVID-19. So, to me logically, if they had not contracted COVID 19 they would more than likely still be alive.

Keep in mind that the stats given for the state and for each county are based on positive coronavirus cases.  Not those pending (I didn't look at those stats).  Deaths and hospitalizations are based only on those cases.  How many other people are dying from COVID-19 that haven't been tested has not been reported, nor do I know if they are testing people who have passed for the virus.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 07:41:13 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #514 on: April 02, 2020, 07:46:54 pm »
What I do know based on the stats given is that 50 are being hospitalized because of COVID-19 of the 245 positive cases reported and 10 have died.

Just because one has a heart condition and dies also having COVID-19 doesn't mean that their primary cause of death is because of the heart condition. It has been reported that those with heart disease, diabetes, lung disease, liver disease, asthma or other underlying conditions are much more likely to die from COVID-19. So, to me logically, if they had not contracted COVID 19 they would more than likely still be alive.

Keep in mind that the stats given for the state and for each county are based on positive coronavirus cases.  Not those pending (I didn't look at those stats).  Deaths and hospitalizations are based only on those cases.  How many other people are dying from COVID-19 that haven't been tested has not been reported, nor do I know if they are testing people who have passed for the virus.

Dr. Acton in Ohio just answered a question about comorbidities, and who is dying from what...

She said quite honestly, as she has been all along, that it will be a while before that information and the statistics are sorted out.

Right now, drawing any conclusions about what does not know about, is premature.

We will not know for some time what people are dying from who have COVID 19......  I just would guess that there are many who have HBP, heart conditions, and are obese who die after contracting this virus, would not likely have died from those other conditions had they not gotten this virus..

Again....... no conclusions can or should be drawn about who's dying from what in any given state until the facts are in.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #515 on: April 02, 2020, 07:50:12 pm »
04-02-2020 | 19:10 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  2.911 ↑  5.534 ↓
United States  1.806 ↓ 23.041 ↑
China 23.028 ↑  1.068 ↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Huge uptick in both reported cases and deaths in US as States update their data.  Orleans/Jefferson Parishes, La. now has highest concentration of cases per population in the US.

There will most likely be more upticks in the coming days and weeks due to increased testing. Right now the testing is being reserved for the sickest and the health care professionals, so there are likely far more people with the virus than the numbers.

Add to that the fact that many carriers have it, but are asymptomatic, and those numbers will grow much larger if and when serology tests are given to see who's had it and who hasn't.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #516 on: April 02, 2020, 07:52:44 pm »
A couple of things........ I’m not scared.  I’m alert.   There’s a difference.

Fair enough.  I'm scared.  I'm scared to go to the store for fear of getting infected and bringing it home.  I'm scared for Americans I don't even know and the scars that this virus will leave on our collective psyche.  I read a story about a grandfather who died of COVID-19.  Gramma is in quarantine and her children and grandchildren can't even hug and console her in her grief.  Once Grandpa was hospitalized he was allowed no visitors so his family never got a chance to say good bye and he died alone.  I don't know how well I can take 200k stories like that.

Second..... I find it remarkable that there are a handful of people here (fortunately not many) who not only don’t want you to have an educated opinion, but make silly accusations to try to force you to have the same opinion as they do, even though their opinion is not based in fact.

I see that as insecurity.  If they were confident (and some other posters are) they would just post alternate opinions rather than mock the majority of us who are taking a serious situation seriously.

I wish them all well, but I sure would like for this thread to be about facts, and not accusations.
Agreed @musiclady

« Reply #517 on: April 02, 2020, 07:53:40 pm »
@Bigun What he doesn't get is that when those millions of new shut ins lost their jobs, they lost their health insurance, too. Oops. One domino tips another.
People with insurance (and jobs) are a hell of a lot more likely to see a doctor than people with neither.

Well I guess their better off dead to you.  Oopps I mean Constitutionally dead.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 07:57:10 pm by Once-Ler »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #518 on: April 02, 2020, 08:00:10 pm »
Well I guess their better off dead to you.  Oopps I mean Constitutionally dead.

Knock it the Bleep off.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #519 on: April 02, 2020, 08:13:36 pm »
If this is so bad and is gone kill so many people..why don't we do this same kind of nation wide panic attack for the Flu?

Why wasn't there this kind of forced incarnation in our own homes in 2009? (H1N1)

There's a purposeful crowd psychology going on here to cause people to act like they are right now.

And it's really sad to see otherwise intelligent and logical people falling for it.

Reflects my thinking exactly.  So what’s different now?  My conclusion? The Washington/New York elite media hate Trump so much that they saw this “crisis” as just another excuse to damage Donald Trump, completely ignoring the collateral damage to the lives of everyday Americans from economic ruin-a-nation.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #520 on: April 02, 2020, 08:16:44 pm »
Fair enough.  I'm scared.  I'm scared to go to the store for fear of getting infected and bringing it home.  I'm scared for Americans I don't even know and the scars that this virus will leave on our collective psyche. 

I'm scared as well -- I have underlying conditions, my husband, who is 5 years older than I am also has underlying conditions and his doctor told him to stay at home and not chance it.  We've been at home for the most part for 3 weeks.  I have been to the store a few times, we saw our attorney.  That's been it.  My daughter is afraid to visit as she doesn't want to infect us in case she's a carrier; she would be devastated if something were to happen and she'd blame herself.  We saw her briefly for a bit -- and we hugged from a distance-- she had tears in her eyes as did we. She is afraid for us and we're afraid for her.  She has joined the ranks of unemployment. It is very hard to be separated. We haven't seen our grandson because we are afraid of bringing in anything into that household, especially with a baby, nor do we want to take a chance that those still working in the household may infect us.  So again, it is extremely difficult to be separated ... especially with at minimum another month to go before we can reconnect.  Hugging at a distance, talking and texting on the phone, is just not the same.

Time being separated from family can NEVER be replaced...this is truly what is happening to many.

I saw on our local news website that they expect our cases to double next week.

You bet I am worried.  So they are expecting 500 cases by next week and they are reporting that they are looking into additional sites if needed. 216 beds are available in our county hospitals. The others are occupied.  Eight medical personnel have tested positive and 180 are being quarantined. 

A huge thanks to @mystery-ak for keeping this website going -- it's been extremely helpful to vent in here.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 08:19:42 pm by libertybele »

« Reply #521 on: April 02, 2020, 08:40:10 pm »
Reflects my thinking exactly.  So what’s different now?  My conclusion? The Washington/New York elite media hate Trump so much that they saw this “crisis” as just another excuse to damage Donald Trump, completely ignoring the collateral damage to the lives of everyday Americans from economic ruin-a-nation.

Do you suppose the Washington/New York elite media fooled the President, his hand picked advisors, all the GOP Congress except 1, and GOP governors like DeSantis and Kemp who are finally shutting down there economy? 

Damn they're good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #522 on: April 02, 2020, 08:51:51 pm »
Fair enough.  I'm scared.  I'm scared to go to the store for fear of getting infected and bringing it home.  I'm scared for Americans I don't even know and the scars that this virus will leave on our collective psyche.  I read a story about a grandfather who died of COVID-19.  Gramma is in quarantine and her children and grandchildren can't even hug and console her in her grief.  Once Grandpa was hospitalized he was allowed no visitors so his family never got a chance to say good bye and he died alone.  I don't know how well I can take 200k stories like that.
Agreed @musiclady

Actually, I do share your fear for others.  I'm especially concerned for the health care community.  We have a lot of nurses and a doctor in our (larger) family..  daughter in law, numerous nieces who are nurses and one a Dr., a cousin who is caring for a COVID patient in a nursing home.....

There is reason to fear for them, just as there is reason to fear for any troops in battle. That's why I pray for them.......... ALL the time!

Reference has been made to previous epidemics (the only previous pandemic was before any of us was born).  When H1N1 hit, there wasn't the kind of danger to our medical personnel as there is now.  All of my family members were working then, and none were afraid.  Now they are all concerned.  For their own safety, and for the safety of their families.

As has been said many times before, there were treatments for previous viruses.  There were vaccines.  The medical community knew what to do.  There were no hospitals that had to put triage tents in their parking lots.  (Our local hospital now has them). Now they are learning on the fly, and many, many first responders are getting very sick.

If we are so callous that we don't care about them, what kind of people are we?

@Once-Ler

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #523 on: April 02, 2020, 08:54:48 pm »
My refusal to panic is often mistaken for my not caring.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #524 on: April 02, 2020, 09:00:33 pm »
My refusal to panic is often mistaken for my not caring.   :shrug:

I haven't seen a single person here who is panicking.  I think the accusation needs to stop because all it does is derail an informational thread with false accusations of others who are not any more in a panic than their accusers are.  Nor do they believe the leftist media hype more than their accusers do.

I repeat:  Disseminating information, one way or the other, is not hysteria or panic.

If people don't want the information, they can stay off this thread where others are discussing the facts calmly and rationally.

As they say, ignorance is bliss.......... and a few people around here are pretty much overcome by their bliss.  wink777