Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159277 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #425 on: April 02, 2020, 12:57:00 am »
Oh Lord, but I would have a rebellion on my hands. I got into the habit of giving Chewy a milkbone morning and night.. In the morning, when he comes in from his first time out for the day, and in the night, when he comes in for the last time... The idea being that he knows it's coming (and he does), so he'll hurry up his business and not lollygag (and he does).

If he don't get his milkbones... I dunno what but it won't be good... chewed up shoes... poopin on my pillow... something. He can be very vindictive... and the thing about cow dogs... They'll think it through. it is deliberate.

Nope. I keep an extra case around.

:rolling:

Geronimo just follows and whines until he gets his way ... and if we forget and go out in the yard or garage ... he retaliates by being a garbage dog...shredded paper means he's royally ticked!   
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #426 on: April 02, 2020, 01:04:01 am »
I've already been shut in for the most part for 3 weeks.  I just don't see any light at the end of the tunnel on this -- who knows when the vaccine will become available and even at that -- will the vaccine be effective for those with underlying conditions?  I am doubtful that there will be a cure and treatments that they have now do have adverse affects.  I foresee that we'll be shut in for at least a year.  Rather depressing if I stop and think about it.  I'm only 62 -- four walls now is our life?

My dog Geronimo, loves popcorn, but if he doesn't get his Milkbone at noon he is a royal PITA!

This, too shall pass.

I've found that a couple of rounds of "Who's a good dawg?  WHO'S a GOOD Dawg?? Who???  YOU!!!!!  You're the GOOD DAWG!!!!"  ... can substitute for a Milk Bone treat.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #427 on: April 02, 2020, 01:09:42 am »
I think twitter is having another sewagefest... Democrat manipulation, I saw this and for the record, this "Carmine Sabela" appears to be a good guy, this is a useful graphic below:
Carmine Sabia@CarmineSabia
As you tweet #TrumpOwnsEveryDeath, because you are abhorrent, read what your heroes were saying when President Donald Trump was taking action..

https://twitter.com/CarmineSabia/status/1245494736489676803

Democrats, Leftists, just trolling, they troll wherever, maybe our side does it too... I'm sure some.... I read something by Scott Walker, Rubio, often trolling remarks are left. I usually don't read comments and usually blow off topics like the above. Just sourcing.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #428 on: April 02, 2020, 01:20:36 am »
@TomSea

CRISPR is the main idea behind GMOs.

So the reason behind the hue and cry against GMOs. Take a gene from a fish and put it in a strawberry.

Frankenberry.

They did this ten years ago.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #429 on: April 02, 2020, 01:57:13 am »
I've already been shut in for the most part for 3 weeks.  I just don't see any light at the end of the tunnel on this -- who knows when the vaccine will become available and even at that -- will the vaccine be effective for those with underlying conditions?  I am doubtful that there will be a cure and treatments that they have now do have adverse affects.  I foresee that we'll be shut in for at least a year.  Rather depressing if I stop and think about it.  I'm only 62 -- four walls now is our life?

My dog Geronimo, loves popcorn, but if he doesn't get his Milkbone at noon he is a royal PITA!
Mine gets treats when he behaves especially well. No set time. It helps.

Plaquenil may not work for everyone, but here is the thing. If this can be shut down, through isolation, through people recovering (possible serum antibodies), or simply petering out (past contagion with no new hosts, the purpose of isolation), it'll be 99.99% safe to come out again.

Yes, the drug has a long list of side effects (as do many drugs), but they don't occur in everyone. As it has been used in areas where cultural factors may make the accumulation of good data sets problematical (think of malaria infested areas), there isn't any solid info on how often what side effects occur, but there is information on drug interactions which may preclude its use anyway for some individuals.

That said, it is a tool in the toolbox, and the more, the better chance of shutting down the virus with more survivors. Since this is global, I don't really anticipate letups in travel restrictions out of country (or in) for a while,  but if we can get rid of it here, or even regionally, maybe we can get the economy going again. There may be other drugs which will boost the zinc through the cell membrane to interdict the virus which are a mite easier on folks, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #430 on: April 02, 2020, 02:03:18 am »
I said this on the poll thread.

If this virus came from an animal in a wet market then show me "the" animal.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Idiot

« Reply #431 on: April 02, 2020, 02:03:19 am »

Order from www.chewy.com they deliver fast and are reasonable.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #432 on: April 02, 2020, 02:06:37 am »

Geronimo just follows and whines until he gets his way ... and if we forget and go out in the yard or garage ... he retaliates by being a garbage dog...shredded paper means he's royally ticked!

He has a future in office disposal!  :seeya:

Offline corbe

« Reply #433 on: April 02, 2020, 02:30:46 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #434 on: April 02, 2020, 02:45:28 am »
Read somewhere today that states like New York aren't differentiating between people who died because of the Chinese Virus and those that tested positive but died from other ailments.

THIS is why people rightfully don't trust the numbers and the comparisons to 9/11 and the panic inducing "potential for 200K deaths" that even Fox News is running with now.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline corbe

« Reply #435 on: April 02, 2020, 02:56:30 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #436 on: April 02, 2020, 02:59:37 am »
Read somewhere today that states like New York aren't differentiating between people who died because of the Chinese Virus and those that tested positive but died from other ailments.

THIS is why people rightfully don't trust the numbers and the comparisons to 9/11 and the panic inducing "potential for 200K deaths" that even Fox News is running with now.

I'm guessing that things are so overwhelming in NYC that they don't know which end is up.   And I'm not sure that dying from a complication caused by a comorbidity along with COVID 19 is all that different from dying from the virus alone.

And since we haven't even gotten to the surge yet, and every doctor and nurse in the country is begging us to stay home, that whatever the number ends up being, it's going to be way too high....

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #437 on: April 02, 2020, 03:04:36 am »
He has a future in office disposal!  :seeya:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #438 on: April 02, 2020, 03:08:42 am »
I'm guessing that things are so overwhelming in NYC that they don't know which end is up.   And I'm not sure that dying from a complication caused by a comorbidity along with COVID 19 is all that different from dying from the virus alone.

No they are doing what Italy did and amping all deaths into the "died from Chinese Virus" category whether it was a heart attack or COPD or whatever that killed them.

Let's say you have the virus..you're asymptomatic and yet you get hit by a bus crossing the street.  Should your death be lumped into the "death by coronavirus" stats for that day/month/year?

That is what's happening in NY right now.

And since we haven't even gotten to the surge yet, and every doctor and nurse in the country is begging us to stay home, that whatever the number ends up being, it's going to be way too high....

No it's not.  You seriously need to quit buying into the media/Progressive panic hype being spread these days.

How are you and a few others going to feel about your hand wringing "sky is falling" mindset when this tops out at less deaths in the U.S. than H1N1 or the amount of deaths we experience in just a normal flu season?

Will you come back and admit you bought into the hype?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #439 on: April 02, 2020, 03:12:51 am »

Indeed.  My husband went to the doctors yesterday and the doctor told him to stay home and don't risk going out.  My appointment was cancelled  until next month and I have a phone appointment next week.  My other doctor's office has been closed for the past two weeks -- not even a phone call returned. So...things are very serious.  Obviously hospitals, doctors and nurses are gearing up for this surge. It is frightening.  God forbid if anyone needs care -- that care just isn't available as you don't chance going out and many doctors aren't seeing their patients.   We don't know in this area how many are truly infected -- results are taking over 2 weeks.  So I suspect that the number of cases in FL are much higher.

Stay put and stay safe everyone.  Prayers up for all Briefers and their families, our President and this country in general.  God help us!

Offline DB

« Reply #440 on: April 02, 2020, 03:16:29 am »
No they are doing what Italy did and amping all deaths into the "died from Chinese Virus" category whether it was a heart attack or COPD or whatever that killed them.

Let's say you have the virus..you're asymptomatic and yet you get hit by a bus crossing the street.  Should your death be lumped into the "death by coronavirus" stats for that day/month/year?

That is what's happening in NY right now.

No it's not.  You seriously need to quit buying into the media/Progressive panic hype being spread these days.

How are you and a few others going to feel about your hand wringing "sky is falling" mindset when this tops out at less deaths in the U.S. than H1N1 or the amount of deaths we experience in just a normal flu season?

Will you come back and admit you bought into the hype?

How is that comparing apples to apples?

Nothing was done prevent H1N1 from spreading.

A lot has been done to slow/prevent this from spreading.

If nothing was done to slow/prevent this from spreading you have a valid comparison.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #441 on: April 02, 2020, 03:26:32 am »

Not really. quasi-quarantine is not really quarantine. As can readily be shown in the city centers where this thing is exploding. At the personal level it may help - if housebound with adequate supply, you are basically not exposed. But that is not true in the aggregate. All of this is basically useless.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #442 on: April 02, 2020, 03:27:54 am »

Very silly, but I will be in good company with the President, VP, the experts, Congress, the Governors, and the media.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #443 on: April 02, 2020, 03:30:49 am »
How is that comparing apples to apples?

Nothing was done prevent H1N1 from spreading.

If nothing was done to slow/prevent this from spreading you have a valid comparison.

There were actions taken once big ears got off his fat ass to mobilize people...four months too late.

H1N was the last pandemic to hit the U.S. The comparison I’m making between the two that makes it an apples to apples comparison is twofold. 1) the number of people infected and number of actual deaths in the U.S. and how the country reacted.

We haven’t had close to the amount of deaths from this compared to what happened 11 years ago.

And 11 years ago we didn’t shut the entire nation down for a worse disease outbreak than what we are seeing now.   We as a county have willing gone like lamb at the slaughter as the federal government slowly isolates is from each other and the rest of the world and despotic Liberal state governments gleefully infringe on civil liberties and freedoms.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #444 on: April 02, 2020, 03:32:20 am »
Very silly, but I will be in good company with the President, VP, the experts, Congress, the Governors, and the media.

Trump is going along with the hype because it gives him cover.  He's applying the Rahm Emanuel theory of "never letting a crisis go to waste" in regards to the Chinese Corona Virus.  It gives him and the Republicans cover to spend like Reagan's proverbial "Drunken Sailors". 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #445 on: April 02, 2020, 03:32:59 am »
Not really. quasi-quarantine is not really quarantine. As can readily be shown in the city centers where this thing is exploding. At the personal level it may help - if housebound with adequate supply, you are basically not exposed. But that is not true in the aggregate. All of this is basically useless.

Bingo!

« Reply #446 on: April 02, 2020, 03:37:09 am »
Trump is going along with the hype because it gives him cover.  He's applying the Rahm Emanuel theory of "never letting a crisis go to waste" in regards to the Chinese Corona Virus.  It gives him and the Republicans cover to spend like Reagan's proverbial "Drunken Sailors".
He hasn't needed cover for the last 3.5 years.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #447 on: April 02, 2020, 03:38:35 am »
He hasn't needed cover for the last 3.5 years.

The way he’s run up debt and deficit prior to this will look fiscally responsible by the time Republicans get done with all their “stimulus” bills.

« Reply #448 on: April 02, 2020, 03:43:35 am »
The way he’s run up debt and deficit prior to this will look fiscally responsible by the time Republicans get done with all their “stimulus” bills.
Not to me.  Spending during an emergency seems responsible to me. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #449 on: April 02, 2020, 03:45:21 am »
Not to me.  Spending during an emergency seems responsible to me.

The spending is unnecessary.