Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159318 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #275 on: March 30, 2020, 12:11:20 am »
    I do that here already @roamer_1 I thought yall were getting tired of it.  I can hear the Mods on my trail.

Nah, we're too busy. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #276 on: March 30, 2020, 12:18:02 am »
Yep. a nation on it's knees with the communists in the wings. That will be the price.
Eff that! Stand up, people!!!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

« Reply #277 on: March 30, 2020, 12:47:21 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #278 on: March 30, 2020, 12:47:46 am »
3 freaking weeks was all we had to self quarantine ourselves. 3 freaking weeks, but NOOoooo.... All this talk over the years about learning from history... and we couldn't even look at China two weeks earlier and say "Well 3 weeks and this is over if we play our cards right"... It was "I be danged if I do that".... "look at everyone else still having fun" and "My cruise is just round the corner".

9999hair out0000

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #279 on: March 30, 2020, 12:54:55 am »
3 freaking weeks was all we had to self quarantine ourselves. 3 freaking weeks, but NOOoooo.... All this talk over the years about learning from history... and we couldn't even look at China two weeks earlier and say "Well 3 weeks and this is over if we play our cards right"... It was "I be danged if I do that".... "look at everyone else still having fun" and "My cruise is just round the corner".

9999hair out0000

Worry not.  Another month and we'll be firmly in the grip of another Great Depression, and we'll be free of the hated Trump.  See, there is really a bright side!  Happy Days are sure to be Here Again!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #280 on: March 30, 2020, 12:56:27 am »
Worry not.  Another month and we'll be firmly in the grip of another Great Depression, and we'll be free of the hated Trump.  See, there is really a bright side!  Happy Days are sure to be Here Again!

And we could of been 4 weeks virus free by that time...

Party like it is 1999...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 12:58:16 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #281 on: March 30, 2020, 02:40:40 am »
And we could of been 4 weeks virus free by that time...

Party like it is 1999...

:cool:
I will NOT comply.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #282 on: March 30, 2020, 02:59:13 am »
Do you really think 2 million dead is what we're looking at?  Really?

I'm the King of Social Distancing.  I'm a misanthrope.

Yes, that is the estimate of our best scientists using the most recent data. Two blinds studies from last week, take no action 2+ million dead. Take action 200,000 dead. This is NOT the flu.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #283 on: March 30, 2020, 03:12:33 am »
I think that is happening right now.
There are some 69 different medications being checked out. Most promising seems to be the Hydroxychloroquine/Azithromycin/Zinc Sulfate combo, which in an Outpatient setting would cost under $100/course, and appears to stop the virus from replicating well enough for the body's immune system to kill it.
Administered to those at risk early, it has kept people from progressing to the point where they need ventilators or ICU, essentially meaning someone would be sick for a week or so and recover. For those who are not at risk with underlying medical conditions, that pharmacology is not recommended as they will recover on their own.

Considering you can stick a fork in the American Economy if this lockdown goes on for months, or a year, biting that bullet would reduce  mortality while providing herd immunity, a combination that would have us back to work inside of two months.
I pray it works....I need to get back to work to find worthless oil.  happy77

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #284 on: March 30, 2020, 03:20:23 am »
HOW COVID-19 KILLS--I'm a Surgeon--And Why We Can't Save You
4,492,907 views•Mar 23, 2020

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #285 on: March 30, 2020, 04:28:37 am »
Yes, that is the estimate of our best scientists using the most recent data. Two blinds studies from last week, take no action 2+ million dead. Take action 200,000 dead. This is NOT the flu.

Then let us not do nothing.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #286 on: March 30, 2020, 04:40:35 am »

Therein setting up a zero-sum: No downside.

Set up a noneffective quasi-quarantine, and no matter what, it can be claimed that it 'would have been worse' had we not take your livelihood and indebted your great-grandchildren.

And the sheeple will never know, in trusting their savior, that there could have ever been any other result. And the people bow and pray.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #287 on: March 30, 2020, 11:37:43 am »
Clay Travis  @ClayTravis
Sunday night coronavirus positivity in United States: deaths dropped by nearly 50% — the first drop in 8 days — and total new infections dropped for the first time in eight days as well. Double positives: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
10:21 PM · Mar 29, 2020

Clay Travis @ClayTravis
As always, numbers can fluctuate on a day to day basis, but these are obviously very positive signs after eight days of numbers going the opposite direction. We’ll see now whether we can string a few good days together.
10:25 PM · Mar 29, 2020·
Coronavirus Cases:  142,793
Deaths:  2,490
Recovered:  4,562
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #288 on: March 30, 2020, 11:39:05 am »
Houston Methodist first in the nation to try coronavirus blood transfusion therapy

Houston Chronicle by  Todd Ackerman March 28, 2020

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/article/Houston-Methodist-first-in-the-nation-to-try-15164229.php

Houston Methodist Hospital Saturday night transfused the blood of a patient who has recovered from COVID-19 into a critically ill patient, the first hospital in the nation to try the experimental therapy.

A Houston individual who has been in good health for more than two weeks since being diagnosed donated the blood plasma for what’s known as convalescent serum therapy. The concept dates back to the Spanish flu pandemic of 1918.

“Convalescent serum therapy could be a vital treatment route because unfortunately there is relatively little to offer many patients except supportive care, and the ongoing clinical trials are going to take a while,” Dr. Eric Salazar, a physician scientist with Methodist’s Research Institute, said in a statement. “We don’t have that much time.”

On Sunday, Salazar said the team also transfused the same donor's blood into a second critically ill patient.

More at link.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #289 on: March 30, 2020, 12:18:25 pm »
HOW COVID-19 KILLS--I'm a Surgeon--And Why We Can't Save You
4,492,907 views•Mar 23, 2020

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Good video. Thanks for posting.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #290 on: March 30, 2020, 12:19:52 pm »
Clay Travis  @ClayTravis
Sunday night coronavirus positivity in United States: deaths dropped by nearly 50% — the first drop in 8 days — and total new infections dropped for the first time in eight days as well. Double positives: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
10:21 PM · Mar 29, 2020

Clay Travis @ClayTravis
As always, numbers can fluctuate on a day to day basis, but these are obviously very positive signs after eight days of numbers going the opposite direction. We’ll see now whether we can string a few good days together.
10:25 PM · Mar 29, 2020·

Very good news.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #291 on: March 30, 2020, 01:16:08 pm »
Building hospital in Central Park, NY:

https://twitter.com/SCMPNews/status/1244612796785950720
(Video, I see the Samaritan's Purse logo on one of the tents)

This has already been well reported on.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #292 on: March 30, 2020, 02:08:19 pm »
FDA Approves Battelle Mask Sterilizing Technology

FINALLY!

Gov. DeWine put GREAT pressure on the FDA (dragging its bureaucratic feet), calling President Trump yesterday to put even greater pressure on them, and they FINALLY approved the technology that will sterilize 80,000 masks per day for reuse by first responders!

One will remain in Ohio, one is ready to go on Long Island, others will go to NYC, Seattle and Washington DC, and more are coming.

This is GREAT news!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #293 on: March 30, 2020, 02:45:05 pm »

You realize that this is a math equation and not a science equation, right?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #294 on: March 30, 2020, 02:57:16 pm »
Very good news.

I guess the "useless" quarantine may not be so useless after all.

If the numbers are slowing down (a BIG "if"), then the social distancing and shut downs are accomplishing the goal of our leaders and our medical experts.

That will be good news if it holds up.

However........... New York.............    **nononono*

Cases - 60,697
Deaths - 1,026

I am SO thankful that two of the Battelle mask sanitizing machines are going to New York.....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #295 on: March 30, 2020, 03:12:40 pm »
I guess the "useless" quarantine may not be so useless after all.

If the numbers are slowing down (a BIG "if"), then the social distancing and shut downs are accomplishing the goal of our leaders and our medical experts.

That will be good news if it holds up.

However........... New York.............    **nononono*

Cases - 60,697
Deaths - 1,026

I am SO thankful that two of the Battelle mask sanitizing machines are going to New York.....

I would not call what's being done, "useless."  If slowing the inevitable spread means we can prevent over-taxing the medical resources, I'd call that a "win."  That said, the people will only accept the conditions for so long before they stop complying.  the President and his advisors have decided we'll comply until 4/30 at least. 

The time appears to be used wisely, because treatments are being identified and applied, some of them are new.
I will NOT comply.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #296 on: March 30, 2020, 03:15:51 pm »
FDA Approves Battelle Mask Sterilizing Technology

FINALLY!

Gov. DeWine put GREAT pressure on the FDA (dragging its bureaucratic feet), calling President Trump yesterday to put even greater pressure on them, and they FINALLY approved the technology that will sterilize 80,000 masks per day for reuse by first responders!

One will remain in Ohio, one is ready to go on Long Island, others will go to NYC, Seattle and Washington DC, and more are coming.

This is GREAT news!!

Trump needs to blow up the FDA and CDC when this is over.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #297 on: March 30, 2020, 03:27:31 pm »
Trump needs to blow up the FDA and CDC when this is over.

There are a lot of three-letter bureaucracies that need to be erased.
I will NOT comply.

Offline DB

« Reply #298 on: March 30, 2020, 03:30:43 pm »
You realize that this is a math equation and not a science equation, right?

What does that mean?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #299 on: March 30, 2020, 03:37:00 pm »
I would not call what's being done, "useless."  If slowing the inevitable spread means we can prevent over-taxing the medical resources, I'd call that a "win."  That said, the people will only accept the conditions for so long before they stop complying.  the President and his advisors have decided we'll comply until 4/30 at least. 

The time appears to be used wisely, because treatments are being identified and applied, some of them are new.

It sounds like Trump is listening to his medical advisors.

As I have said before, I never thought I’d be using the words “wise” and “Trump” in the same sentence, but this is a wise decision.

After May 1, high risk people should still isolate and everyone should continue to sanitize everything, but businesses should be up and running again and the economy will recover.

I mean this IS America!  :patriot: