Author Topic: Donald Trump on Reopening Economy: ‘I’d Love to Have it Open by Easter’  (Read 279 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Charlie Spiering24 Mar 20203,481
2:14

President Donald Trump said during a Fox News town hall on Tuesday that he wanted to get the economy reopened by Easter.

“I’d love to have it open by Easter,” Trump said, setting a date for reopening the country for the first time.

Easter is on April 12.

“I would love to have the country opened up and rearing to go by Easter,” he repeated.

“That would be a great American resurrection,” Fox News moderator Bill Hemer replied.

The president has promised to listen to his doctors and advisers on loosening restrictions set by the government to fight the coronavirus pandemic, but has said would ultimately make the final decision.

Trump appeared upbeat during the event, pleased that the stock market rose over 1,600 points on Tuesday.

He said he looked forward to the day that Americans could go to work, noting that a massive economic depression had its own death toll.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/24/donald-trump-on-reopening-economy-id-love-to-have-it-open-by-easter/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Wouldn't we all.

Offline mountaineer

Before that would be even better.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

Well, so much for 15 days.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Applewood

Like I said elsewhere, I'd like to see him try to order everyone back to work in states and regions that are on lockdown by order of state and local officials. 

If I was working at a non-essential job and I tried to go back to work, would Trump bail me out of jail if the state police or local law enforcement caught me?