Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129698 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #1800 on: January 06, 2023, 04:44:03 am »
Glass Onion was a milder mind twist mystery that held my attention. Little silly, but again held my attention for most part. Rating 6.3/10

Did you watch Knives Out?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #1801 on: January 06, 2023, 06:53:44 am »
Did you watch Knives Out?

Found it, downloading now. Does seem very similar just judging by the trailer.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline verga

« Reply #1802 on: January 06, 2023, 03:39:17 pm »
Found it, downloading now. Does seem very similar just judging by the trailer.
Vergette and I enjoyed both of them.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #1803 on: January 08, 2023, 01:32:16 pm »
Watched “Where the Crawdads Sing” last night and was very disappointed.  Not worth the time. 

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #1804 on: January 08, 2023, 01:51:44 pm »
Watched “Where the Crawdads Sing” last night and was very disappointed.  Not worth the time.

We saw it in the movie theater. I agree with your assessment.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline verga

« Reply #1805 on: January 08, 2023, 01:54:51 pm »
Vergette and I both thoroughly enjoyed it.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #1806 on: January 08, 2023, 10:32:37 pm »
Last night:
The Day The Earth Caught Fire -- 1961 Brit film about how the Earth has been knocked off-axis and out-of-orbit by nuclear testing. Actually quite good. Can be found on the net.

Tonight:
Where Have All The People Gone -- 1974 tv movie.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1807 on: January 08, 2023, 10:53:27 pm »
Last night:
The Day The Earth Caught Fire -- 1961 Brit film about how the Earth has been knocked off-axis and out-of-orbit by nuclear testing. Actually quite good. Can be found on the net.

Tonight:
Where Have All The People Gone -- 1974 tv movie.

"24" with Keiffer Sutherland. The excitement never lets up.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

« Reply #1808 on: January 09, 2023, 01:44:49 pm »
Will trent- Hulu. Police procedural- interesting first episode
Eli Stone- Lawyer develops a Brain aneurysm and receives visions directing him on cases. little on the bizarre side, but interesting first 2 episodes. 

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #1809 on: January 10, 2023, 03:31:20 am »
Will trent- Hulu. Police procedural- interesting first episode
Eli Stone- Lawyer develops a Brain aneurysm and receives visions directing him on cases. little on the bizarre side, but interesting first 2 episodes.

My wife and I watched "Eli Stone" back when it first ran on network TV - ABC, I believe.  We enjoyed it, but it got cancelled before they could resolve everything, if I remember right.
Let it burn.

Online corbe

« Reply #1810 on: January 10, 2023, 05:41:23 am »
   After a couple of more hits, I'm gonna go to bed and watch 'Bad Day at Black Rock' for the umpteenth time and thoroughly enjoy it.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #1811 on: January 10, 2023, 05:57:35 am »
   After a couple of more hits, I'm gonna go to bed and watch 'Bad Day at Black Rock' for the umpteenth time and thoroughly enjoy it.

I remember that one, One armed man that pokes around a town that doesn't want him poking into their past. It was pretty good, Spencer made a good ole tough guy character.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1812 on: January 10, 2023, 06:02:03 am »

I did Clint Eastwood's Pale Rider this afternoon... I was on a long HDD grind, so Command Central was busy... I started out coding with the movie in the background, but soon enough, I just took the time off and enjoyed myself.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #1813 on: January 18, 2023, 07:50:00 pm »
This was very, very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bDroEyS2A8

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1814 on: January 20, 2023, 08:49:08 pm »
Been following a series on NetFlix called 'the Sinner'. Kind of a throwback by the book detective show which relies on dialogue and crime scene clues to solve the mystery. Instead of magic technology such as CSI, this is an old detective investigating scenes and leads, interviewing suspects and witnesses to get to the bottom of each crime.

The twist is, the detective is emotionally damaged from his childhood. Not in the cartoonish Mr. Monk the 'all knowing' way. But in a more down to Earth psychological problems kind of way. He uses his own disfunction to relate to, and to understand the psychopaths he is attempting to catch.

It is a slow moving show. But for me, I enjoy it. It does not have super computers, gadgets, or hyperintelligence. It is just a slow moving investigation doing the groundwork and finding the answers.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1815 on: January 20, 2023, 09:05:41 pm »
We just started watching “Suits”.

Just started on that myself.  Enjoying it so far.  A refreshing break from all the superfluous profanity that infects the airwaves.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #1816 on: January 20, 2023, 11:42:02 pm »
Free-form Friday: Alec Baldwin Charged! Crowder vs Daily Wire w/ Viva & Barnes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8jZR2inSUY
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online rustynail

« Reply #1817 on: January 20, 2023, 11:42:33 pm »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #1818 on: January 21, 2023, 12:51:08 am »

I make an effort to watch it at least once a month. I don't know what the specific attraction is, but I never get tired of watching the scene where Tracy beats the crap out of Borgnine using then almost totally unknown in films martial art techniques.
 Of course, Tracy's double did the stunts, but it sure looked good. Audiences had never seen anything like it before and were stunned. As was Ernie Borgnine  when one of Tracy's blows sent him through the supposed to be unlocked screen door.  Director John Sturges had deliberately nailed the door shut.  Borgnine actually was hurt going through the door but played out the rest of the scene.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #1819 on: January 23, 2023, 11:26:26 pm »
Just started on that myself.  Enjoying it so far.  A refreshing break from all the superfluous profanity that infects the airwaves.

Be warned that the profanity increases in season 3 and 4. I haven’t figured out if it’s just one writer or the whole bunch, but the characters start cursing frequently. GD this and GD that. I’d rather they use the f-word.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1820 on: January 24, 2023, 10:19:45 pm »
This movie cleaned up with Oscar nominations.

It’s really good.

“Everything everywhere all at once”

Plus it has the always beautiful Michelle Yeoh
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 10:20:41 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline verga

« Reply #1821 on: January 24, 2023, 10:34:24 pm »
This movie cleaned up with Oscar nominations.

It’s really good.

“Everything everywhere all at once”

Plus it has the always beautiful Michelle Yeoh
Loved the movie

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #1822 on: January 25, 2023, 02:01:03 am »

http://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1618061401175515137

Saw this segment on Tucker Carlson tonight about an upcoming documentary (end of Feb) from Vince Everett Ellison called "Will You Go to Hell For Me?"  It looks like his actual website -- willyougotohellforme.com -- is crashed now from too much traffic, but the part of the trailer they showed in the Tucker Carlson clip, above, absolutely gave me goose bumps. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #1823 on: January 27, 2023, 06:10:40 am »
Season 11 of the Walking Dead. Unless you're a big fan, don't bother.

It's not bad, just disappointing. Nobody could have survived that long being that impulsive, undisciplined, and amateur hour.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1824 on: January 27, 2023, 08:43:13 am »
Season 11 of the Walking Dead. Unless you're a big fan, don't bother.

It's not bad, just disappointing. Nobody could have survived that long being that impulsive, undisciplined, and amateur hour.

@Free Vulcan

Checked out your neighbors and their children lately?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!