Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129732 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #1375 on: July 28, 2022, 07:25:21 pm »
Longmire!

Woo! I ain't ready yet. I tend to watch longmire at least once a year, and it's still too soon.  happy77

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1376 on: July 28, 2022, 10:45:04 pm »
I am watching "Fear the Walking Dead".

I would have bet actual money I would never enjoy ANY of these shows,and decided to watch "The Walking Dead" (the original series) just to see if I could "get" what the attraction was.

I ended binge watching every episode.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1377 on: July 31, 2022, 05:20:22 pm »
Have been so emotionally upset/drained over the state of the country...economy...people...news...

...that I've sought out Me TV and locked on LEAVE IT TO BEAVER reruns.

We were so damned fortunate to be young kids in the 50's and 60's.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1378 on: July 31, 2022, 05:30:12 pm »
Have been so emotionally upset/drained over the state of the country...economy...people...news...

In many ways that's true but we were also lulled to sleep thinking that things would always be great even if we did absolutely nothing.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #1379 on: July 31, 2022, 05:54:54 pm »

I was a 'Leave it to Beaver' fan as a kid.  I agree with you.  We were very fortunate to grow up in that generation.  Life was pure and real.

I've often said that the 'computer age' would contribute to the demise of this country.  Yes I enjoy this forum and computers are useful -- up to a point.  With everything being computerized and people losing their jobs (tellers, store clerks, administrative assistants, etc.) things have been taken too far.

The criminal element has entered into the equation; hacking corporations, bank accounts, stolen identities and of course a stolen election.

Enjoy your show @DCPatriot --- The Real McCoys, Gunsmoke, and Jackie Gleason for some humor come to mind.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1380 on: July 31, 2022, 06:03:27 pm »
I was a 'Leave it to Beaver' fan as a kid.  I agree with you.  We were very fortunate to grow up in that generation.  Life was pure and real.

I've often said that the 'computer age' would contribute to the demise of this country.  Yes I enjoy this forum and computers are useful -- up to a point.  With everything being computerized and people losing their jobs (tellers, store clerks, administrative assistants, etc.) things have been taken too far.

The criminal element has entered into the equation; hacking corporations, bank accounts, stolen identities and of course a stolen election.

Enjoy your show @DCPatriot --- The Real McCoys, Gunsmoke, and Jackie Gleason for some humor come to mind.

Thank you, @libertybele !   :beer:

Have an affinity for 30 minute shows...when the moral lesson unfolds and the 'bad guy' gets punished and good is rewarded.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

« Reply #1381 on: July 31, 2022, 06:04:50 pm »

Have an affinity for 30 minute shows...when the moral lesson unfolds and the 'bad guy' gets punished and good is rewarded.

Amen!   :beer:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1382 on: July 31, 2022, 06:32:04 pm »
In many ways that's true but we were also lulled to sleep thinking that things would always be great even if we did absolutely nothing.

Gee, you may be on to something @Bigun

Our parents experienced WWII and wanted to spare us.

What's 'our' excuse?

Online libertybele

« Reply #1383 on: July 31, 2022, 06:41:52 pm »
Gee, you may be on to something @Bigun

Our parents experienced WWII and wanted to spare us.

What's 'our' excuse?

Well, many of us shouted from the roof tops, contacted our representatives, voted for conservatives in the primaries ... and IMO it didn't do us a darn bit of good because too many had their heads in the sand and still do.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1384 on: July 31, 2022, 06:52:58 pm »

John Wayne movies are hard to beat though @DCPatriot

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1385 on: July 31, 2022, 07:23:12 pm »
Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, believe it or not.

Mamma's watching, so I joined in.

Expecting nostalgia (like Little House on the Prairie, almost)
Very disappointed.
The amount of liberal crap in that show, way back then... SMH.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #1386 on: July 31, 2022, 07:41:02 pm »

I think most people still like shows where bad people get punished. Even my liberal stepdaughters like those kinds of shows.
Which is one reason why I can't put my stamp of approval of "No Country For Old Men" despite a great Oscar-winning performance by Javier Bardem. I won't give away the ending (maybe I already have) for anybody who hasn't watched it yet, but let's just say the ending was very disappointing.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #1387 on: July 31, 2022, 07:43:28 pm »
Woo! I ain't ready yet. I tend to watch longmire at least once a year, and it's still too soon.  happy77

They took it off for some reason. Was in the middle of my second round.

Just love the Walt character. My kinda dude.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1388 on: July 31, 2022, 07:52:21 pm »
I feel like binging Star Trek.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1389 on: July 31, 2022, 07:57:28 pm »
They took it off for some reason. Was in the middle of my second round.

Just love the Walt character. My kinda dude.

It's around elsewhere... Prime, I believe, in whatever they're calling IMDb now... I saw it recently in a couple places.

But yeah. I grew up around folks just like ol Walt. would like to say I am like him too, but I doubt I would fill them boots.

And while romanticized and dramatized (and more than a little dorkified by hollywood ignorance), the life portrayed there is like my own, to include the interplay between small town and rural, small town and county, and county and rez.

Great show.

I like Justified too, which has a good feel for the underbelly of rural crime. And I know folks just like ol Raylan Givens, Boyd Crowder, and gals like Ava and Winona. Heck, even the names seem natural...

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1390 on: July 31, 2022, 08:07:59 pm »
It's around elsewhere... Prime, I believe, in whatever they're calling IMDb now... I saw it recently in a couple places.

But yeah. I grew up around folks just like ol Walt. would like to say I am like him too, but I doubt I would fill them boots.

And while romanticized and dramatized (and more than a little dorkified by hollywood ignorance), the life portrayed there is like my own, to include the interplay between small town and rural, small town and county, and county and rez.

Great show.

I like Justified too, which has a good feel for the underbelly of rural crime. And I know folks just like ol Raylan Givens, Boyd Crowder, and gals like Ava and Winona. Heck, even the names seem natural...

Netflix has it.

I always thought the blond women Walt 'falls' for during one of the latter seasons was hot..Hot...HOT!!

Have had trouble locating her on IMDB, but I've seen her on at least one other show.

Anyone know who she is?

@roamer_1  @libertybele  @Free Vulcan @goatprairie @Bigun @sneakypete @Gefn

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #1391 on: July 31, 2022, 08:09:03 pm »
I feel like binging Star Trek.

haha. Me too and all the movies.
The Republic is lost.

Online DCPatriot

« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 08:15:16 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #1393 on: July 31, 2022, 08:14:05 pm »
Netflix has it.

I always thought the blond women Walt 'falls' for during one of the latter seasons was hot..Hot...HOT!!

Have had trouble locating her on IMDB, but I've seen her on at least one other show.

Anyone know who she is?

@roamer_1  @libertybele  @Free Vulcan @goatprairie @Bigun @sneakypete @Gefn

@DCPatriot

That is Katie Sackoff. She was Starbuck on the Battlestar Galactica reboot. She was one of the villains on the Flash reboot. She might be working The Mandalorian right now. She pops up here and there.

She played the Vic character in Longmire to the hilt - the good, bad, and ugly. Made the perfect counterpart to Walt.

And she is hot, though I liked the daughter Cady (Cassidy Freeman) better in that dept.  wink777
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #1394 on: July 31, 2022, 08:14:59 pm »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #1395 on: July 31, 2022, 08:18:09 pm »
and county and rez.

One of my favorite things about the show - they did not portray the Cheyenne as stock characters but as a whole range of personalities just like every other ethnic group on the planet.
The Republic is lost.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1396 on: July 31, 2022, 08:18:26 pm »
@DCPatriot

That is Katie Sackoff. She was Starbuck on the Battlestar Galactica reboot. She was one of the villains on the Flash reboot. She might be working The Mandalorian right now. She pops up here and there.

She played the Vic character in Longmire to the hilt - the good, bad, and ugly. Made the perfect counterpart to Walt.

And she is hot, though I liked the daughter Cady (Cassidy Freeman) better in that dept.  wink777

Nope... definitely not Katie Sackoff.   Never could see the appeal there, btw. 

And yeah, his daughter Cassidy had that Irish twinkle in her eye.  A nice addition to the cast.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1397 on: July 31, 2022, 08:19:34 pm »
haha. Me too and all the movies.

I did that in 2020 when the first lockdown went into effect and the shows were on Netflix and Prime.

Now I want to see the entire TOS series again  because of Lt Uhura
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1398 on: July 31, 2022, 08:20:14 pm »

Anyone know who she is?

@DCPatriot

You mean Vic?

She goes WAY back in sci-fi...

She was Starbuck in the second launch of Battlestar Galactica

Katee Sackhoff
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 08:22:49 pm by roamer_1 »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1399 on: July 31, 2022, 08:21:30 pm »
My bad, I misread your sentence.

I liked her too.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0478762/mediaviewer/rm1321648128/
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0478762/mediaviewer/rm3579757568/
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0478762/mediaviewer/rm223200256/

OMG... of course!!  She was one of Charlie's women in "Two and a half Men"  THAT'S where she got my attention!  LOL!    :beer:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 08:24:14 pm by DCPatriot »