Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129926 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #1300 on: June 09, 2022, 03:08:26 am »
Watching a series called "3%"on NF with 4 seasons. Dystopian world where 3% of the population is selected to live in a manmade utopian world. It is engaging and interesting. Although it starts to drag toward the end.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #1301 on: June 09, 2022, 11:21:57 am »
Watching Matt Walsh's documentary called "What is a Woman?".... So far (15 minutes in) it is great. Still need a line (PM me) if anyone has a link to "2000 Mules" I could use...

I’ve been watching that as well. Horrifying at times.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1302 on: June 11, 2022, 01:16:57 am »
Watching the just released Season 6 of PEAKY BLINDERS.

Feel like I have to go through a too-long music video in each episode, but otherwise good enough to see to the end.

Sure is different without "Polly" in the cast. 

BIT OF TRIVIA: The caps/hats they wear have razor blades in the visor area...in the seam.  They blinded their enemy in close combat using them as blades...thus "PEAKY BLINDERS".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1303 on: June 11, 2022, 01:57:31 am »
Watched the first three episodes of The Boys, Season 3.  First episode was the obligatory sell out to the gay mafia.  I recommend you skip it and move on to Episode 2.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1304 on: June 12, 2022, 01:27:44 am »
Only complaint about TOP GUN-Maverick:

131 minutes which could have been reduced to a better 90 minute movie.

Seriously, over a half hour of morphing into 'MTV' videos with no script, just,...BULLSHIT!

NOTE:  Noticed this cheap-ass technique in the latest season of PEAKY BLINDERS too!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1305 on: June 17, 2022, 12:19:23 pm »
Loving the Western genre, I went back and started watching GODLESS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toCP7yUqGEs

Jeff Daniels' best role, IMHO.

If sudden gore makes you uncomfortable, consider this a warning.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1306 on: June 17, 2022, 01:07:22 pm »
Watching a series called "3%"on NF with 4 seasons. Dystopian world where 3% of the population is selected to live in a manmade utopian world. It is engaging and interesting. Although it starts to drag toward the end.

I stopped watching when it started to drag - Season 3, I believe.  Also not happy when Mel Fronckowiak character died.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1307 on: June 17, 2022, 01:13:03 pm »
Only complaint about TOP GUN-Maverick:

131 minutes which could have been reduced to a better 90 minute movie.

Could have been reduced to a 10 minute movie with a B-2 sortie.  They would never send F-18s to do that mission.  And the enemy with 5th-generation aircraft (whatever the hell that is) would never have a functioning F-14 sitting in a hanger completely fueled up, armed, and ready for takeoff.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1308 on: June 17, 2022, 01:14:44 pm »
Could have been reduced to a 10 minute movie with a B-2 sortie.  They would never send F-18s to do that mission.  And the enemy with 5th-generation aircraft (whatever the hell that is) would never have a functioning F-14 sitting in a hanger completely fueled up, armed, and ready for takeoff.

Fifth Generation fighters:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth-generation_fighter

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1309 on: June 18, 2022, 09:46:00 am »
@Gefn

Enjoy! Maybe the best damn police/crime show that has ever aired. First class in EVERY respect.

@sneakypete

I binged that whole series, by episode two I was hooked. I especially liked season 4 with the school subplot.

Thank you so much.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1310 on: June 18, 2022, 09:47:40 am »
Speaking of cop shows, Prime has Dragnet. The 60s one I grew up with.

Watching that now and enjoying. Yes, it’s a little dated but it’s fun.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1311 on: June 18, 2022, 02:03:03 pm »
@sneakypete

I binged that whole series, by episode two I was hooked. I especially liked season 4 with the school subplot.

Thank you so much.

@Gefn

Glad you enjoyed it!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1312 on: June 18, 2022, 05:33:49 pm »
I saw that new series from Netflix the other night, with Melissa McCarthey  and her husband about The end times and Armageddon.

It’s a pass. How did this dreck even get made?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1313 on: June 18, 2022, 07:12:23 pm »
@sneakypete

Thank you so much.

@Gefn

Another one you will enjoy is "Shameless". It is a comedy,not a cop show,but there is plenty of petty crimes committed pretty much every episode. "Frank" is the father of a family,and there is no low so low he can't and won't slither under it. You will in awe of the gall this guy has. A truly despicable creature.

Can't really say much about what "Frank" does without giving away some surprises,but chances are you will try to binge watch this one,also. Lots of episodes and lots of seasons,though.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #1314 on: June 18, 2022, 09:48:10 pm »
Tonight & tomorrow night:
Vanishing on 7th Street, from 2010, yet one more in my ongoing "apocalypse weekend movie" viewing...

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1315 on: June 19, 2022, 02:44:06 am »
@Gefn

Another one you will enjoy is "Shameless". It is a comedy,not a cop show,but there is plenty of petty crimes committed pretty much every episode. "Frank" is the father of a family,and there is no low so low he can't and won't slither under it. You will in awe of the gall this guy has. A truly despicable creature.

Can't really say much about what "Frank" does without giving away some surprises,but chances are you will try to binge watch this one,also. Lots of episodes and lots of seasons,though.

Sounds good @sneakypete

Prime or Netflix?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1316 on: June 19, 2022, 02:51:35 am »
Sounds good @sneakypete

Prime or Netflix?

@Gefn

Netflix,Showtime,Spectrum,Amazon Prime,ROKU-Vudu,and Apple TV.

You are going to be in stunned awe of Frank. William H. Macy stumbled upon the role of his life. Says he has never had so much fun acting as when he was playing Frank.

Offline corbe

« Reply #1317 on: June 21, 2022, 02:13:27 am »
   I was wondering aloud, just recently, about what do to with that old Microwave in the shed.

This Is Why We Don’t Toss Out Broken Microwaves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2UfglFeOH8
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1318 on: June 21, 2022, 03:04:35 am »
That some straight up MacGyver shizzle.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #1319 on: June 21, 2022, 05:30:20 am »
Enjoyed this, not one gay character (that I could tell) and for the most part the language was clean. Nice story.

Jerry and Marge Go Large...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFYqO_jLmA0
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1320 on: July 01, 2022, 06:33:03 pm »
Watched a show on NF called "Nailed It!". Lot of fun. It is about amature bakers trying to recreate professional masterpieces of baking art. There are many iterations of the show, about six I think. Anyway ... I enjoyed it.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline corbe

« Reply #1321 on: July 01, 2022, 07:00:18 pm »
   I'm gonna cut out the middleman, Whataburger, Loews and my local dive bar.
   So now I'm bonin' up on Group Therapy, that's where all the crazy Women are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzKmJoe_e2c
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1322 on: July 01, 2022, 07:15:40 pm »
Tried to watch Orville: New Horizons on HULU. Could only take about 15 minutes of it. The whole show is an unapologetic blatant PSA about gay and transgender rights. They put on their sort of SciFi monster costumes and they pretend they are on a space ship but that is the end of anything science fiction about the show. The plot then becomes about transgendering children and the struggles of gay marriage <-(but with aliens of course).

The new Orville is just another of any modern pro-gay, pro-transgender, show you could see on TV but wrapped in a science fiction wrapper. I could not watch it.

Offline verga

« Reply #1323 on: July 01, 2022, 08:51:36 pm »
Tried to watch Orville: New Horizons on HULU. Could only take about 15 minutes of it. The whole show is an unapologetic blatant PSA about gay and transgender rights. They put on their sort of SciFi monster costumes and they pretend they are on a space ship but that is the end of anything science fiction about the show. The plot then becomes about transgendering children and the struggles of gay marriage <-(but with aliens of course).

The new Orville is just another of any modern pro-gay, pro-transgender, show you could see on TV but wrapped in a science fiction wrapper. I could not watch it.
We made it through 1 episode and said forget it.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1324 on: July 01, 2022, 09:02:56 pm »

We made it through 1 episode and said forget it.
@verga

The latest one is nuts. Went to bed after Gutfeld and thought I would check in to see if anything had changed. It is now up to episode 5. But no. It was much much worse. The show had the two gay aliens arguing about the whether the child alien should have been reassigned from a girl to a boy. The the child alien chimes in with, it's all about how I feel ... *click*

That was it for me. In fact I deleted orville from the MyStuff menu. I don't know what that show is trying to be, but whatever they are doing it has nothing to do with 'space' or 'science fiction'.