Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129722 times)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #1175 on: February 28, 2022, 01:31:33 am »
OK ... IF you want to know .... Elsa .... it's worth watching @mystery-ak  The ending has a little twist in it as well.

Ugg... that is what PMs are for... O well, she was an headstrong idiot. Why they had to make the series with that much cursing? Sorry even with the actors they had, I just thought the series was cringe-worthy to sit though. YMMV of course.

PM me @Gefn (or anyone else) if you need a link to download the season of 1883, I will hook ya up (and good speed to download them).

Been enjoying a series called "The Gilded Age".... Nice period piece with just a few flakes of wokism in it (getting worse though).

"Redeeming Love" movie looked to be good but had to border on too much sex (without showing too much)  to be considered a Christian movie. I liked it, but wife was appalled. Sorta a copy of "Love Comes Softly" but without the class.

Liked the TV series "Reacher" (Amazon I think) but it had two scenes that didn't have to be in it (sexual). Little far fetched, but a good revenge story with several intelligent leads. Figure it would appeal to a male audience like myself.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 01:38:42 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online libertybele

« Reply #1176 on: February 28, 2022, 01:56:29 am »
Goodness gracious. For that amount of money, I sure hope he writes dialogue better! Not a fan…but I do appreciate his cinematography.

I like Westerns and it's been awhile since a new 'western' themed series has surfaced. I'm really enjoying both shows.

The language and the violence is at times a bit much, but yes, I too like the cinematography.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1177 on: February 28, 2022, 01:59:26 am »
Ugg... that is what PMs are for... O well, she was an headstrong idiot. Why they had to make the series with that much cursing? Sorry even with the actors they had, I just thought the series was cringe-worthy to sit though. YMMV of course.

PM me @Gefn (or anyone else) if you need a link to download the season of 1883, I will hook ya up (and good speed to download them).

Been enjoying a series called "The Gilded Age".... Nice period piece with just a few flakes of wokism in it (getting worse though).

"Redeeming Love" movie looked to be good but had to border on too much sex (without showing too much)  to be considered a Christian movie. I liked it, but wife was appalled. Sorta a copy of "Love Comes Softly" but without the class.

Liked the TV series "Reacher" (Amazon I think) but it had two scenes that didn't have to be in it (sexual). Little far fetched, but a good revenge story with several intelligent leads. Figure it would appeal to a male audience like myself.
00drama in a fun thread "What are you watching now"?   :silly:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1178 on: February 28, 2022, 02:29:09 am »
Literally tripped over "Old Henry (2021)

DC's Rating:  4/5   :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn:

An action western about a farmer who takes in an injured man with a satchel of cash.
When a posse comes for the money, he must decide who to trust.
Defending a siege, he reveals a gun-slinging talent calling his true identity into question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD3e1K1YPus
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Kamaji

« Reply #1179 on: February 28, 2022, 02:56:22 am »
Just watched 8 episodes of Cowboy Bebop on Netflix.  It was okay, but the 9th episode was boring backstory, so I stopped.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #1180 on: February 28, 2022, 06:35:48 am »
00drama in a fun thread "What are you watching now"?   :silly:

Lol, just telling my side of the story... Like I said... YMMV on what you like.

Thanks DC for the Western suggestion (Old Henry). Hope it is as good as the trailer presented (sorta gave a bit too much of the plot, like a lot of them do).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 06:37:18 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1181 on: February 28, 2022, 08:59:10 am »
Paramount+   1883 is the prequel to Yellowstone which is on Paramount.

Ah! I haven’t seen Yellowstone. And I don’t get Paramount. However my mom does. So maybe when I go each week to see her I can sneak an episode or two.

Or I should get a subscription. All the new Star Trek shows are coming up in March. 
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1182 on: February 28, 2022, 09:16:12 am »
Btw-If anyone can catch a tv series from 2019 called “Chernobyl”, it’s a must see in my book.

The acting, the script- I can’t say enough. Show was on HBO. I bought it outright from iTunes.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1183 on: February 28, 2022, 03:16:27 pm »
Ah! I haven’t seen Yellowstone.

I couldn't make it past the third or fourth episode. Drama with no purpose. Folks saying it is like Dallas ain't far off. It sure as heck ain't Montana.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1184 on: February 28, 2022, 04:02:32 pm »
I couldn't make it past the third or fourth episode. Drama with no purpose. Folks saying it is like Dallas ain't far off. It sure as heck ain't Montana.

@roamer_1

I personally LOVED the scenery. If they would  just remove all the actors and broadcast the scenery,I would be a faithful viewer.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1185 on: February 28, 2022, 05:08:43 pm »
@roamer_1

I personally LOVED the scenery. If they would  just remove all the actors and broadcast the scenery,I would be a faithful viewer.

@sneakypete
You oughta just throw a leg over that hawg and come on up and see it in person... Swing on by Sturgis on the way back....

Online libertybele

« Reply #1186 on: February 28, 2022, 09:31:38 pm »
So ... Ifound this article -- 1883 was meant to be short lived. So, I'm not expecting a season 2 -- I think it will jump to the newer prequel 1932.

1883 Shocker: EP Taylor Sheridan Confirms 'Close-Ended' Yellowstone Spinoff Was Basically a Limited Series

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/1883-shocker-ep-taylor-sheridan-192728998.html

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1187 on: February 28, 2022, 09:38:31 pm »
So ... Ifound this article -- 1883 was meant to be short lived. So, I'm not expecting a season 2 -- I think it will jump to the newer prequel 1932.

1883 Shocker: EP Taylor Sheridan Confirms 'Close-Ended' Yellowstone Spinoff Was Basically a Limited Series

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/1883-shocker-ep-taylor-sheridan-192728998.html

LOL!  You guys will fall for anything.  (just kidding)

I'll bet that for the right price, Yellowstone will continue.   

Hell, they can make the entire climax of the last episode a 'Dream'
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #1188 on: March 03, 2022, 10:34:59 am »
Literally tripped over "Old Henry (2021)

DC's Rating:  4/5   :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn:

An action western about a farmer who takes in an injured man with a satchel of cash.
When a posse comes for the money, he must decide who to trust.
Defending a siege, he reveals a gun-slinging talent calling his true identity into question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD3e1K1YPus

Pretty good story... (no nudity, bloody, cursing here and there). Also give it 8/10

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #1189 on: March 03, 2022, 01:28:29 pm »
Pretty good story... (no nudity, bloody, cursing here and there). Also give it 8/10

Apparently, Taylor Sheridan didn’t write it.   wink777
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #1190 on: March 03, 2022, 11:12:47 pm »
This past Sat/Sun I watched "Lord of the Rings/Fellowship of the Ring".
This coming weekend I'll view the second installment.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1191 on: March 03, 2022, 11:44:30 pm »
Lol, just telling my side of the story... Like I said... YMMV on what you like.

Thanks DC for the Western suggestion (Old Henry). Hope it is as good as the trailer presented (sorta gave a bit too much of the plot, like a lot of them do).

@Sighlass

You're welcome!   Glad you liked it. (saw your latest post)

Enjoyed it so much, I watched it again already!   :beer:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1192 on: March 04, 2022, 11:25:51 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuP8g_GQIgI

DC's Rating:  5/5  :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn:

THE NIGHTENGALE

Set in 1825, Clare, a young Irish convict woman, chases a British officer through the rugged Tasmanian wilderness, bent on revenge for a terrible act of violence he committed against her family. On the way she enlists the services of an Aboriginal tracker named Billy, who is also marked by trauma from his own violence-filled past.

At first, I thought this was going to be another scripted Netflix theme done a thousand times. 

Let me suggest to you this movie will NEVER leave you.  Heartbreaking yet perversely thrilling.     :shrug:

Online corbe

« Reply #1193 on: March 05, 2022, 02:00:51 am »
   I agree with some Briefers in their belief that bidet will somehow screw up the Billion Year Experiment we have ongoing.  Explains why I'm spending so much time on my new deck.

What Was The Earth Like 1 Billion Years Ago?

*Short commercial at approximately 5 minutes, covers why Putin needs the Black Sea at the 17 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTT8Z6fI7_8
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1194 on: March 08, 2022, 02:27:59 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0ZEmLosVXE

@Sighlass

I cannot believe this is the same actor who stars in OLD HENRY!   :laugh: :laugh:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1195 on: March 08, 2022, 02:54:30 am »
Watched a show on Prime called REACHER. Very odd show. It starts out as a Rambo remake, then goes into a Mr. Monk impersonation, then quickly goes into a kind of Batman/Superman remake, all the while clinging to a Chuck Norris type attitude.

Very odd show. This guy can get hit in the head dozens of times with a crowbar at full swing, and still pull out of it.

It is a Great show for a 15-18yr old boy, but not much else. A kind of superhero menagerie, like a comic book when I was a kid.

If you like that kind of Rambo/Norris kind of nonsense, you will love it. But it is mostly for teenage hormonal boys.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1196 on: March 08, 2022, 03:45:59 am »
I have taken on the Herculean task of binge-watching ALL the various versions of Law and Order.

The original Law and Order has been on the air for 23 years now,and the newest version is in the second year.

There is the original Law and Order

Law and Order SVU (SEXUAL VICTIMS UNIT)

Law and Order Organized Crime

And finally,Law and Order UK,which is on it's 10th year now.

And ALL of them are great shows.

The people who created the original show and did all the writing now own all the franchises,and as near as I can tell,are probably having to burn some money every day to get rid of it because it's just too damn much trouble to count it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1197 on: March 08, 2022, 04:31:19 am »
I have taken on the Herculean task of binge-watching ALL the various versions of Law and Order.

The original Law and Order has been on the air for 23 years now,and the newest version is in the second year.

There is the original Law and Order

Law and Order SVU (SEXUAL VICTIMS UNIT)

Law and Order Organized Crime

And finally,Law and Order UK,which is on it's 10th year now.

And ALL of them are great shows.

The people who created the original show and did all the writing now own all the franchises,and as near as I can tell,are probably having to burn some money every day to get rid of it because it's just too damn much trouble to count it.

You have forgotten Law & Order Criminal Intent, which is probably my favorite after the original series.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1198 on: March 08, 2022, 04:41:10 am »
You have forgotten Law & Order Criminal Intent, which is probably my favorite after the original series.

@roamer_1

Thank you for reminding me,and "Yes,I DO have that one scheduled.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1199 on: March 08, 2022, 09:22:25 am »

Yes, absolutely. Eames and Goren!

Not sure I like the new season of the original. Something seems missing, but they’ve only shown two episodes.

I miss Lenny Briscoe.