Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129750 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #1075 on: January 16, 2022, 07:51:33 pm »
If I tune in while they are live it's live.  If I tune in an hour later, I get the most recent. I never fib David  :tongue2:

:laugh:    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1076 on: January 16, 2022, 10:29:32 pm »
Has anyone watched Upload?  There is only one season out so far, but the second one is past due to be released.  Actually quite a cool concept (for people who don't believe in the acceptance of an afterlife).  Except that you are eternally at the mercy of the company running the 'virtual afterlife'.

Upload (IMDb)
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #1077 on: January 16, 2022, 10:47:44 pm »
Tonight:
John Sayles' film, "Matewan", about a coal miners' strike in West Virginia.

Sayles is a lefty, as is the protagonist of the film (a union organizer named Joe, who says he once was "a Wobbly", and although he doesn't say so, is probably a communist).

Back in those days, considering the hard life the miners endured, and the often-horrible treatment they received at the hands of "the owners", organizing into the UMWA was both rational and logical to provide a balance against the company interests.

Not so much today, but back then, there wasn't much choice.
Glad I wasn't a coal miner.

The film does have some singing by the late Hazel Dickens, one of the greatest singers of her time and a fine songwriter as well.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1078 on: January 16, 2022, 10:57:32 pm »
Tonight:
John Sayles' film, "Matewan", about a coal miners' strike in West Virginia.

Great movie.  All-star cast.  Very low budget by movie standards ($ 4 mil).  Especially when you have James Earl Jones, Chris Cooper, Mary McDonnell, David Strathairn, and Bob Gunton on the payroll.  I actually knew someone who grew up in Matewan.

(Spoiler alert:  Sheriff's last name is 'Hatfield')
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1079 on: January 16, 2022, 10:57:53 pm »
Has anyone watched Upload?  There is only one season out so far, but the second one is past due to be released.  Actually quite a cool concept (for people who don't believe in the acceptance of an afterlife).  Except that you are eternally at the mercy of the company running the 'virtual afterlife'.

Upload (IMDb)

I enjoyed it @Hoodat

The ending really makes you want to see season 2!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1080 on: January 16, 2022, 11:52:05 pm »
Great movie.  All-star cast.  Very low budget by movie standards ($ 4 mil).  Especially when you have James Earl Jones, Chris Cooper, Mary McDonnell, David Strathairn, and Bob Gunton on the payroll.  I actually knew someone who grew up in Matewan.

(Spoiler alert:  Sheriff's last name is 'Hatfield')

@Hoodat

I watched Matwan several years ago,and thought it was an excellent movie.

When you consider how bad my memory is,that should mean something.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1081 on: January 17, 2022, 11:34:01 pm »

Upload (IMDb)
I watched Upload and liked it.
Just finished watching UNDERCOVER on NF and it is very much similar to Breaking Bad from a different angle.

If you liked Breaking Bad you WILL like UNDERCOVER.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1082 on: January 21, 2022, 02:18:59 am »
Dadgum it, @sneakypete   Tuned into UNDERCOVER on your recommendation.

Next time you suggest a series to watch, PLEASE warn us about the mandated homo/lesbo characters.

Season 1 AND Season 2...as far as I've seen

:laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1083 on: January 21, 2022, 04:44:00 am »
Dadgum it, @sneakypete   Tuned into UNDERCOVER on your recommendation.

Next time you suggest a series to watch, PLEASE warn us about the mandated homo/lesbo characters.

Season 1 AND Season 2...as far as I've seen

:laugh:

@DCPatriot

Since I have never even heard of it,much less viewed it,I have a hard time believing I recommended it.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #1084 on: January 21, 2022, 06:26:53 am »
I am enjoying both 1883 and Boba Fett series.... 1883 could do with less profanity and Boba Fett has been fun watching with the kids.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1085 on: January 21, 2022, 10:16:09 am »
@DCPatriot

Since I have never even heard of it,much less viewed it,I have a hard time believing I recommended it.

Geez...I'm having a 'senior' moment.  @sneakypete

Could have sworn it was you that recommended it.   Somebody suggested it was in the vein of "Breaking Bad", so I tuned in.

First season...the obligatory lesbian insert.  Second season...they actually showed 2 men together.

I HATE THE OBAMAS!!   $200 MILLION contract with NETFLIX and nobody has the balls to even ask questions.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #1086 on: January 21, 2022, 12:38:41 pm »
We are re-watching “The Crown”. Enjoying it.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1087 on: January 21, 2022, 12:45:14 pm »
There’s a show on Netflix that is like a female version of “Breaking Bad”, called “Good Girls”.

I enjoyed it.

A cashier at my local supermarket suggested my next binge should be “Ozark”

Any reviews on this?

I did like Jason Bateman in “Arrested Development”
But I think his role in Ozark would be a 180 from being Michael Bluth.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1088 on: January 21, 2022, 01:27:00 pm »

@debrawiest

When it comes to period dramas,NOBODY can touch the Brits. They just seem to take acting more seriously than anyone else.

They do a bang-up job with comedy too,but it might be a little raw for some Americans.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1089 on: January 21, 2022, 01:29:14 pm »
There’s a show on Netflix that is like a female version of “Breaking Bad”, called “Good Girls”.

I enjoyed it.

A cashier at my local supermarket suggested my next binge should be “Ozark”

Any reviews on this?

I did like Jason Bateman in “Arrested Development”
But I think his role in Ozark would be a 180 from being Michael Bluth.

@Gefn

I watched the first season a few years back and really liked it. Fully intended on going back to watch more,but kept getting distracted by new programs coming out.

What I remember is it being a first-class series.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #1090 on: January 21, 2022, 01:52:05 pm »

The Crown is good stuff.  We've binge-watched it at least 3 or 4 times.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1091 on: January 21, 2022, 02:17:36 pm »
@Gefn

I watched the first season a few years back and really liked it. Fully intended on going back to watch more,but kept getting distracted by new programs coming out.

What I remember is it being a first-class series.

Thanks @sneakypete

I added it to my queue. I know the last season just dropped, so It will be a long binge watch.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #1092 on: January 21, 2022, 11:04:19 pm »
This weekend:
"Sense and Sensibility" -- period piece film.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1093 on: January 22, 2022, 01:49:12 am »
Watching OZARK Season 4 since this afternoon.  On episode 5 of 7 in the streaming Part I

Absolute fun!  And of course, addictive.   :2popcorn:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1094 on: January 22, 2022, 02:05:54 am »
I HATE THE OBAMAS!!   $200 MILLION contract with NETFLIX and nobody has the balls to even ask questions.

Which is why I don't watch Netflix.  Some day in the future, Netflix is going to have a financial crisis.  And just before some high level executive get laid off, he/she is going to be thinking, "Gee, we could really use a $200 million infusion of cash right now."  I want that day to come sooner rather than later.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1095 on: January 22, 2022, 01:33:38 pm »
Which is why I don't watch Netflix.  Some day in the future, Netflix is going to have a financial crisis.  And just before some high level executive get laid off, he/she is going to be thinking, "Gee, we could really use a $200 million infusion of cash right now."  I want that day to come sooner rather than later.

@Hoodat

Don't worry about Netflix. They were just the "laundry" that "washed" the money,and they most likely got a fee for doing so.

Blame the internationalists who want to control the world by turning everybody but themselves and their families into comrades.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1096 on: January 23, 2022, 06:30:24 pm »
Two things, please?

1) The opening scene of the new season of Ozark begins with this James Dean look-a-like driving along the water coast/cliffs...his hair blowing with the window open.  Blaring thru the speakers... I'M YOUR VEHICLE BABY, by the Ides of March.   You assume he's driving a Mazerati or Porsche.

Camera pulls away as he exits the car and it's a rusted out Ford Pinto or Fairlane or Chrysler K Car.   ROFL!!

2) Do yourselves a favor.   The best cover band and rendition of this piece I've ever heard.  Very very TIGHT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX8g_JEJol8

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1097 on: January 23, 2022, 06:35:14 pm »
We just finished watching "1883", episode 4. I think this episode dragged a little bit, but all in all it's a great show and I'm beginning to like it almost as much as "Yellowstone".
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1098 on: January 23, 2022, 06:41:51 pm »
We just finished watching "1883", episode 4. I think this episode dragged a little bit, but all in all it's a great show and I'm beginning to like it almost as much as "Yellowstone".

I'm pissed because my 'old' smart tv doesn't offer Paramount Plus.

But at least I can now watch YouTube videos on my television thru Verizon.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1099 on: January 23, 2022, 06:51:14 pm »
I'm pissed because my 'old' smart tv doesn't offer Paramount Plus.

But at least I can now watch YouTube videos on my television thru Verizon.

Spend a few $$$ on a ROKU and watch anything you want you old skinflint!    :bolt:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien