Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129690 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #1000 on: December 31, 2021, 03:36:41 am »
Too much weed, whites, and wine.

Close. Usually a night like that indicates shine or tequila. Or both.  :shrug:

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #1001 on: December 31, 2021, 04:25:32 am »
We are watching the Hulu series “Dopesick”, about Purdue Pharma and their opioid drug OxyContin. I’m sure it’s highly dramatized, but after the BS the pharmaceutical industry has belched out during Covid, I wouldn’t doubt that the series is more true than not. 
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1002 on: December 31, 2021, 04:51:54 am »
We are watching the Hulu series “Dopesick”, about Purdue Pharma and their opioid drug OxyContin. I’m sure it’s highly dramatized, but after the BS the pharmaceutical industry has belched out during Covid, I wouldn’t doubt that the series is more true than not.

@debrawiest

I have ZERO personal experience with illegal drugs  since around 1982,but still casually know a few people who participate as enthusiastic fans.

From what I have seen and heard from them,I would tend to believe almost anything negative about oxy,and I have never seen the show.

Like with all other drugs,the addiction level is dependent on the chemical makeup of the human taking the drug,but Oxy seems to be a VERY good "persuader" when it comes to habitual abuse.

As with every other drug,it is ALWAYS the human at fault because no drug in history has ever forced or convinced any human to do anything. Drugs are inanimate and have no minds.

Much like the people who use most of them on a daily basis.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #1003 on: December 31, 2021, 06:35:29 am »
Rewatching a beautiful old classic from the 80's ... A masterpiece if you can past the somewhat slow beginning of the movie.

Babette's Feast (1987) - trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5w9skKcdnA

Can be streamed at OK(dot)RU
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 06:38:43 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1004 on: December 31, 2021, 11:32:05 am »
I saw “Don’t Look Up” on Netflix, this past week. Enjoyed.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1005 on: December 31, 2021, 11:33:11 am »

My neighbor who is a nurse also suggested this series to me. I’ll have to watch it.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1006 on: December 31, 2021, 01:25:49 pm »
I’m watching the Beatles documentary on Disney. Finding it fascinating and somewhat sad. Those boys were incredibly young and incredibly talented.
The Beatles are proof that if you get that much talent into one band, creative differences will usually tear you apart.

If you think about it, how many bands keep the same lineup intact for a decade? There's almost always turnover. If not due to disagreements, then self-destructive behavior. Thankfully, other than Yoko, the Beatles didn't really go too deeply into that. All of them had solo success.

It makes you wonder how some of these other bands held their core together for decades on end.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1007 on: December 31, 2021, 01:32:41 pm »
The Beatles are proof that if you get that much talent into one band, creative differences will usually tear you apart.

If you think about it, how many bands keep the same lineup intact for a decade? There's almost always turnover. If not due to disagreements, then self-destructive behavior. Thankfully, other than Yoko, the Beatles didn't really go too deeply into that. All of them had solo success.

It makes you wonder how some of these other bands held their core together for decades on end.

I agree.  Rush might have been one of the few exceptions to that rule.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1008 on: December 31, 2021, 05:55:00 pm »
Rewatching a beautiful old classic from the 80's ... A masterpiece if you can past the somewhat slow beginning of the movie.

Babette's Feast (1987) - trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5w9skKcdnA

Can be streamed at OK(dot)RU

Another good foreign film from that same period is Jean de Florette.  You may enjoy that one, @Sighlass
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1009 on: December 31, 2021, 06:16:22 pm »
Watched something titled "The Hundred Foot Journey" last night.  I give it five popcorns.

Stars Helen Mirren as a haughty owner of a nationally renowned French restaurant who suddenly sees the building just across from her front entrance become a restaurant catering to the Indian culture.

Very nicely done!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWo67uhzoQg

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1010 on: December 31, 2021, 06:27:38 pm »
I been watching the old 80's show 'Andromeda'

I give it four poops and a duck.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #1011 on: December 31, 2021, 06:37:33 pm »
Another good foreign film from that same period is Jean de Florette.  You may enjoy that one, @Sighlass

Hey thanks, found a copy at archive (finally)... they are bad to mess up sync with sound, so we will see. It seems to have won a lot of awards and looks to be right up my ally. Thanks for throwing this old dog a bone. @Hoodat
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 06:41:47 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #1012 on: January 01, 2022, 09:10:06 pm »

I just finished the series.  If you don’t have 6 hours to wade through it, the 3rd episode includes the concert on the rooftop. I was blown away by it.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1013 on: January 02, 2022, 04:18:50 am »
I am right now thoroughly enjoying the From Vienna: The New Year's Celebration 2022 on PBS's Great Performances.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1014 on: January 02, 2022, 10:48:27 am »

That is a good one. I saw it when ir first came out on a blind date. (dinner and a movie. This was the movie. If I recall, we had a nice time but never had the second date)

I also recommend “Eat, drink, man, woman”

It’s foreign with subtitles, but like “Babette’s Feast”, it also showcases a lot of food too. This time Chinese.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 10:51:30 am by Gefn »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #1015 on: January 02, 2022, 11:01:20 pm »
Last night, I watched "The Last Survivors" from 2014, about a young couple hiding out in central Oregon after an environmental disaster in which no rain had fallen in ten years. It was OK, nothing great...

Tonight, it's "Human Desire" with Glenn Ford, Gloria Grahame and Broderick Crawford, 1954.

I would have never heard of it except for having seen a thread (elsewhere) about movies with trains in them, and this one was mentioned.

It's on YouTube, full-version -- unlike the poster, it's in black & white:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOYTDZp_ZTM

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1016 on: January 02, 2022, 11:31:45 pm »
Just started watching “Eureka” on Prime. That should keep me busy for a bit

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1017 on: January 03, 2022, 01:11:12 am »
STILL catching up on missed episodes of "Law and Order,SVU"

I only watched the early seasons sporadically,so am now playing "catch up".

Up to Season 10 now,and it's starting to go a lot faster as I just blast by episodes I had already watched.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1018 on: January 03, 2022, 05:56:49 pm »

Up to Season 10 now,and it's starting to go a lot faster as I just blast by episodes I had already watched.

I'm winding up 2 seasons (20 episodes) of MINDHUNTER.

It's about the F.B.I. forming a department/profiles on SERIAL killers, by interviewing them to find out how they think...they're backgrounds, etc..

Season two, they interview 'Charles Manson' and 'follow' the current on-the-loose BTK (Bind/Torture/Kill) Killer in Kansas.

Terrific casting.  Now on NETFLIX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFlKiTwhd38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDYBmNYc8IA

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!  (I confess...I fast forwarded the "Tex" Interview (Manson)   :pop41:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1019 on: January 03, 2022, 06:11:15 pm »

They are bringing back the original starting next month. I can’t wait.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1020 on: January 03, 2022, 06:24:50 pm »
Seven Stages to Achieve Eternal Bliss -- on Prime
What a weird movie. It is not what I would label a 'good' movie but it is weird enough to make it to a 'watchable' movie. It stayed with me. Do not think I will forget it any time soon. Thought provoking is what the critics would say, I think ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1021 on: January 03, 2022, 07:32:41 pm »
I'm winding up 2 seasons (20 episodes) of MINDHUNTER.

It's about the F.B.I. forming a department/profiles on SERIAL killers, by interviewing them to find out how they think...they're backgrounds, etc..

Season two, they interview 'Charles Manson' and 'follow' the current on-the-loose BTK (Bind/Torture/Kill) Killer in Kansas.

Terrific casting.  Now on NETFLIX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFlKiTwhd38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDYBmNYc8IA

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!  (I confess...I fast forwarded the "Tex" Interview (Manson)   :pop41:

@DC Patriot

Thanks! That's the kind of stuff I like best,and it is now on my "next watch list".

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1022 on: January 03, 2022, 09:18:16 pm »
@DC Patriot

Thanks! That's the kind of stuff I like best,and it is now on my "next watch list".

@sneakypete

:beer:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1023 on: January 07, 2022, 04:33:46 pm »
Just finished 'Don't look up' on NetFlix. Very pretentious movie with a very predictable storyline.
Talk about 'over-produced'. The whole movie could have been a single Twilight Zone episode.

Imagine if you will, a two and a half hour film, with the story of a half hour skit ...
You have just entered ... "The Twilight Zone!"

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1024 on: January 09, 2022, 02:54:36 am »
Right now, I'm watching the old 1980s episodes of  The Price Is Right. (it's on Pluto for the cord-cutters)

Some of the prizes they give out on the show are real conversation pieces...the kind where you say "A player piano? Where did you get that, anyway?" "Well, I won it on The Price Is Right!" Then, yesterday, I saw one of the items up for bids was to tell Bob Barker the spot price for an ounce of gold that morning, with the closest guess without going over winning a one-ounce gold bar. Now that's a challenge and a curveball!

Every so often I'll tune into the original Bill Cullen version on Buzzr (also on Pluto and almost every other free streaming service), which is a totally different experience.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024