Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129829 times)

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #975 on: December 22, 2021, 12:27:09 am »
Do you have a thing for smelly, cantankerous, overweight, gimped up cowboys too?  8888forgot
Never go to San Francisco you'll have the entire gay mob after you :silly:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #976 on: December 22, 2021, 12:38:33 am »
@sneakypete
It ain't THAT you're naked...

It's whether or not you are covered in butter-flavored Crisco...
And whether or not you remember how that happened.
 :whistle:

@roamer_1

That MAY be possible. I do remember waking up once in a different state than I started drinking in,and wearing clothes I had never even seen before. Don't have any idea what happened,how it happened,or anything else about it to this very day.

I DO remember thinking "This just MIGHT be a first good clue that I need to cut back on my drinking a tad."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #977 on: December 22, 2021, 01:10:07 am »
I think 'Beth' is sexy/hot!  Nothing like an opinionated woman showing a lot of cleavage.

Oh...OH! Excuse me.    Speaking about YELLOWSTONE.    :laugh:  :bolt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ede98ckWDPk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZSljcRZADk
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 01:26:31 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #978 on: December 22, 2021, 01:29:32 am »
I think 'Beth' is sexy/hot!  Nothing like an opinionated woman showing a lot of cleavage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZSljcRZADk

She is my favorite character on the show.  I'm going to be very disappointed if Yellowstone ends without a Rip/Beth wedding. An extraordinary wedding and a celebration that the Duttons have once again conquered and prevailed at keeping their land.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #979 on: December 22, 2021, 01:32:49 am »
@roamer_1

That MAY be possible. I do remember waking up once in a different state than I started drinking in,and wearing clothes I had never even seen before. Don't have any idea what happened,how it happened,or anything else about it to this very day.

I DO remember thinking "This just MIGHT be a first good clue that I need to cut back on my drinking a tad."

@sneakypete

Been there, done that... One time I woke up in the middle of nowhere somewhere south of Lake Couer d'Alene over in Idaho... Late in the fall with snow on the ground... nothing but one coat and my normal clothes... Still had my wallet and keys, my folding knife, my pen knife, some loose change, and a half a can of Copenhagen.

That walk-out was only two days, but it ranks right up there for dang near killing me.
And I still have no idea how I came to be there. Not a clue. My rig was still in Kalispell, at the Four Corners bar. None of my buddies knew what happened. I left with a little hilljilly gal who I know pretty well... After we parted up near Kila... Nothing. Beats me.  :shrug:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #980 on: December 22, 2021, 01:36:14 am »
Never go to San Francisco you'll have the entire gay mob after you :silly:

No fear of that happening. Ever.  :laugh:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #981 on: December 22, 2021, 01:46:41 am »

She is my favorite character on the show.  I'm going to be very disappointed if Yellowstone ends without a Rip/Beth wedding. An extraordinary wedding and a celebration that the Duttons have once again conquered and prevailed at keeping their land.

Love her!  :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline verga

« Reply #982 on: December 22, 2021, 02:02:09 am »
So what's your point?  :laugh:
Who HASN'T been arrested naked at some point in their life?
(*Only twice for me, and one don't count)
I have never been, but I did have a student get arrested for driving a snowmobile buck naked (He was wearing a helmet) down the middle of Main street after a blizzard in Central New York. He was also charged with DWI, which may or may not have contributed to his state of undress and riding the snowmobile in the first place. For the record he told me that human skin will stick to vinyl, even in winter.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #983 on: December 22, 2021, 02:40:16 am »
I have never been, but I did have a student get arrested for driving a snowmobile buck naked (He was wearing a helmet) down the middle of Main street after a blizzard in Central New York. He was also charged with DWI, which may or may not have contributed to his state of undress and riding the snowmobile in the first place. For the record he told me that human skin will stick to vinyl, even in winter.
When you say he was wearing a helmet...

Offline verga

« Reply #984 on: December 22, 2021, 02:47:27 am »
When you say he was wearing a helmet...
On his upper head.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #985 on: December 22, 2021, 03:02:37 am »

Well I would not do anything like that... I am not known for public nudity... Skinny dippin at night down on the river with a lady friend... That sort of thing... Or being forced into public nudity by (surprise!) jealous husbands, or police officials.... You know... normal tales of caution.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #986 on: December 22, 2021, 03:30:07 am »

I remember her from a Brit film awhile back - Eden Lake.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #987 on: December 22, 2021, 03:37:22 am »

Beth:  "Dad, if you're gonna hire a hooker, would you please let me get you a good one?"
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #988 on: December 22, 2021, 04:35:52 am »
Beth:  "Dad, if you're gonna hire a hooker, would you please let me get you a good one?"

Wait... There's GOOD hookers in Montana?

Offline corbe

« Reply #989 on: December 22, 2021, 08:52:38 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #990 on: December 22, 2021, 10:11:51 pm »
Like most of you, I've been watching Yellowstone.
Watched the first two episodes of 1883.
Old TV binge watching:
Frasier, Castle, Psyche, Law and Order SVU.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #991 on: December 22, 2021, 10:31:09 pm »
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #992 on: December 23, 2021, 08:39:36 pm »
@libertybele

I am shocked that so many of you actually think the 1800's was like the cowboy movies you grew up watching,where no one cursed and all women were considered to be virgins if they weren't married.

The 1800's was full of whores. Hell,most of the women in the west that married and raised families started out as whores. It was one of the few career fields open to women,and women are just like everyone else,they will do what they HAVE to do in order to survive.
The other fact about the West was that there were very few women around. The mail-order bride industry was born out of the complete lack of suitable women in the west, because it was mostly men who were willing to risk going out into the vast unknown.

It's very much true in a few places today, as well. Alaska and most northern states are male-dominated. The female-dominated areas are mostly in the hip cities, urban northeast and the left coast.

And we wonder why relationships are so dysfunctional these days!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online roamer_1

« Reply #993 on: December 23, 2021, 11:39:45 pm »
The other fact about the West was that there were very few women around. The mail-order bride industry was born out of the complete lack of suitable women in the west, because it was mostly men who were willing to risk going out into the vast unknown.

Well, no... When it was wild, 'suitable women' were natives. Still largely that way up in the sticks.

It's very much true in a few places today, as well. Alaska and most northern states are male-dominated. The female-dominated areas are mostly in the hip cities, urban northeast and the left coast.

Ain't no problem finding a woman in the west. In fact, I would say it is easier to find a good woman in rural settings.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #994 on: December 24, 2021, 01:36:19 am »

@jmyrlefuller

The part in bold is mostly untrue. Women,with rare exceptions,end up dominating most households. Since they give birth to,and for the most part are responsible for raising the young even if they have jobs too,what they say goes.

Oh,they are almost always subtle about it,but make no mistake about it,the women are in charge. For the most part,other than the wimmins libbers,they are subtle about it because that works the best.

And truth to tell,it is probably a good arangement for everyone.

Mother Nature made that arangement,and it's not a good idea to cross her.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #995 on: December 24, 2021, 03:04:17 am »
Started watching Mr. Robot.  It was going great until it slipped into Fight Club.  Working on Season 2.  There is still a plot to be had, so I will continue.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #996 on: December 30, 2021, 08:42:49 pm »
I’m watching the Beatles documentary on Disney. Finding it fascinating and somewhat sad. Those boys were incredibly young and incredibly talented.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #997 on: December 30, 2021, 11:08:07 pm »
@sneakypete

Been there, done that... One time I woke up in the middle of nowhere somewhere south of Lake Couer d'Alene over in Idaho... Late in the fall with snow on the ground... nothing but one coat and my normal clothes... Still had my wallet and keys, my folding knife, my pen knife, some loose change, and a half a can of Copenhagen.

That walk-out was only two days, but it ranks right up there for dang near killing me.
And I still have no idea how I came to be there. Not a clue. My rig was still in Kalispell, at the Four Corners bar. None of my buddies knew what happened. I left with a little hilljilly gal who I know pretty well... After we parted up near Kila... Nothing. Beats me.  :shrug:

Too much weed, whites, and wine.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #998 on: December 30, 2021, 11:19:26 pm »
Started watching Mr. Robot.  It was going great until it slipped into Fight Club.  Working on Season 2.  There is still a plot to be had, so I will continue.
Mr. Robot is a good show and very culturally famous. Even though it is incredibly unrealistic, it has its moments.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #999 on: December 30, 2021, 11:20:19 pm »
On New Year's Eve, I'll be watching the original 1960 film "The Time Machine" with Rod Taylor, Yvette Mimieux and Alan Young.

George Pal's best film and one of the best science fiction films made.

December 31st because that's the night that George the time traveler demonstrates his model to his friends, and then makes his own trip in the full-sized model.

If you don't have a source for it, perhaps this could help...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 11:21:20 pm by Fishrrman »