Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129684 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #950 on: December 20, 2021, 02:03:00 pm »
@catfish1957

You are also delusional if you think that sort of thing was the norm. It may have been the "norm" in the very snall "Church Lady Society" habitats,but get out of those sections of town and into the saloon/barroom sections,and it was a VERY different story.

People have a natural tendency to get nostalgic about "the good old days",but the truth is for most parts of the nation,they didn't exist . People liked to PRETEND they did,but they didn't.  Otherwise,things like child prostitution and labor wouldn't have been daily realities for the children of the poor.

Fully disagree.  Just think....  It took 30 years of cinema to get from zero to the using the word "damn" in a movie (1939).  To  now?  Anythng goes.   

I lived it and remember, and we were hardly "Church Lady Status"  Maybe your little corner of the world was more like Deadwood and was different.  But that was not the prevailing verbal morality in America.  I probably didn't hear the "F" word until I was about 9 or 10.  Now?  Find a 9 or 10 year old who probably doesn't use it. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

« Reply #951 on: December 20, 2021, 04:05:30 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline verga

« Reply #952 on: December 20, 2021, 05:42:07 pm »
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #954 on: December 20, 2021, 06:33:45 pm »
I finally broke down and subscribed to "The Peacock Network,so I could watch "Yellowstone".

I am unimpressed. Seems like nothing more than a version of "Dynasty" set in the remote west. A freaking soap opera with unbelievable characters,like the alcoholic daughter that is SUPPOSED TO BE so smart. Who in their right mind would trust that woman to run a vacuum cleaner,never mind a corporate board?

Still looking for 1883,and can't find it even after subscribing. After Yellowstone,I'm not expecting much from it,though.

Hoping it will get better. I paid for it,so I am going to watch all 4 seasons in the hope that it does.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #955 on: December 20, 2021, 06:55:29 pm »
I finally broke down and subscribed to "The Peacock Network,so I could watch "Yellowstone".

I am unimpressed. Seems like nothing more than a version of "Dynasty" set in the remote west. A freaking soap opera with unbelievable characters,like the alcoholic daughter that is SUPPOSED TO BE so smart. Who in their right mind would trust that woman to run a vacuum cleaner,never mind a corporate board?

Still looking for 1883,and can't find it even after subscribing. After Yellowstone,I'm not expecting much from it,though.

Hoping it will get better. I paid for it,so I am going to watch all 4 seasons in the hope that it does.

Honestly, I watch “Yellowstone” for the scenery. Love the mountains; love the log cabins; love the gorgeous, talented horses.
Can’t stand Beth. Poorly written character.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #956 on: December 20, 2021, 07:09:49 pm »
Honestly, I watch “Yellowstone” for the scenery. Love the mountains; love the log cabins; love the gorgeous, talented horses.

Do you have a thing for smelly, cantankerous, overweight, gimped up cowboys too?  8888forgot

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #957 on: December 20, 2021, 07:11:34 pm »
Do you have a thing for smelly, cantankerous, overweight, gimped up cowboys too?  8888forgot

Doesn’t everyone?  :silly:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #958 on: December 20, 2021, 07:12:54 pm »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #959 on: December 20, 2021, 07:13:27 pm »

Those two old 6666 hands sitting on the bench in the barn and I would get along just fine!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #960 on: December 20, 2021, 07:21:55 pm »
Those two old 6666 hands sitting on the bench in the barn and I would get along just fine!

Me too... Though I am a cousin to em... I can live in the cowboy world up in here, but down by you, probably too much hillbilly in me for polite society. Never going to have that buttoned down Jon Pardi / Randy Travis thing...

Not that it matters to me... You and me will see eye to eye most the time.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #961 on: December 20, 2021, 07:28:46 pm »
Me too... Though I am a cousin to em... I can live in the cowboy world up in here, but down by you, probably too much hillbilly in me for polite society. Never going to have that buttoned down Jon Pardi / Randy Travis thing...

Not that it matters to me... You and me will see eye to eye most the time.

I seriously doubt there is too much hillbilly in you as I'm not much on that buttoned down crap either and neither are any of my friends! The only reason those two old pharts I mentioned are wearing that getup is the company provides it for them. And yes! We are mostly in agreement.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #962 on: December 20, 2021, 07:37:16 pm »
I watched a 4 or 5 minute clip of Yellowstone that someone posted on Twitter and was less than impressed. Actually, I found it insufferable.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

« Reply #963 on: December 20, 2021, 07:42:29 pm »
I seriously doubt there is too much hillbilly in you as I'm not much on that buttoned down crap either and neither are any of my friends! The only reason those two old pharts I mentioned are wearing that getup is the company provides it for them. And yes! We are mostly in agreement.

Naw, I meant no offense... Just like y'all down in the southern desert are highly influenced by Mexican culture (maybe more than you think about), I am influenced by mountain culture and native (mainly Salish) culture.  I am just as likely to be in moccasins or mukluks as I am to be in sh*tkickers.... Just as likely to be wearing a throat patch as a bandana... In the summer time you might miss a lot of it on me... Standard cowboy.... But in the winter, the hillbilly starts to win.   :laugh: Long hair, beard, wool and leather...

It's a curiosity and a conversation I have had with fellers from south of say, Denver - Folks from the Sierras, and folks from Oklahoma and Texas... Never ending difference in te way we bend our hats (or rather, how nature bends em for us).... But still by and large, all the same.  happy77

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #964 on: December 20, 2021, 07:49:24 pm »
Naw, I meant no offense... Just like y'all down in the southern desert are highly influenced by Mexican culture (maybe more than you think about), I am influenced by mountain culture and native (mainly Salish) culture.  I am just as likely to be in moccasins or mukluks as I am to be in sh*tkickers.... Just as likely to be wearing a throat patch as a bandana... In the summer time you might miss a lot of it on me... Standard cowboy.... But in the winter, the hillbilly starts to win.   :laugh: Long hair, beard, wool and leather...

It's a curiosity and a conversation I have had with fellers from south of say, Denver - Folks from the Sierras, and folks from Oklahoma and Texas... Never ending difference in te way we bend our hats (or rather, how nature bends em for us).... But still by and large, all the same.  happy77

And none was taken!  I identified with those two old pharts mostly because they are in the same boat as me. Neither one has been on a horse in years and have only memories of what used to be.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #965 on: December 20, 2021, 07:57:24 pm »
And none was taken!  I identified with those two old pharts mostly because they are in the same boat as me. Neither one has been on a horse in years and have only memories of what used to be.

Yeah I get that! Hard for me to remember I am supposed to stay on the porch... Except in the mornings... I remember well in the mornings.  Glory days huh? What I wouldn't give to wake up in the morning, shake a loop out and climb up in the saddle and let that horse shake his giggles out before heading up to the high line to start beating cattle down to the roundup... The hardest and best times of my life. Come sit on the porch and I will tell you all about it.  happy77

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #966 on: December 20, 2021, 08:00:04 pm »
Yeah I get that! Hard for me to remember I am supposed to stay on the porch... Except in the mornings... I remember well in the mornings.  Glory days huh? What I wouldn't give to wake up in the morning, shake a loop out and climb up in the saddle and let that horse shake his giggles out before heading up to the high line to start beating cattle down to the roundup... The hardest and best times of my life. Come sit on the porch and I will tell you all about it.  happy77

I just might take you up on that one day soon! It would be fun to compare notes on how things are done up there vs here.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 08:01:49 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

« Reply #967 on: December 20, 2021, 08:39:03 pm »

Same for me. The dialogue gets....tedious to say the least. I signed on late to this series and kind of binge watched the first seasons and am not completely impressed at this point. But I will say, that although the writers are adjective deficit, there are a couple of story lines with a good hook I'd like to see the conclusion of. :) 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #968 on: December 20, 2021, 09:11:59 pm »
Can’t stand Beth. Poorly written character.

@debrawiest

Couldn't agree more. Anybody that doesn't love that scenery is lacking a soul,and deserves to be committed to city living for life.

BTW,just heard a short clip of somebody singing "Mercy Now" while watching "Yellowstone",and thought that ANYBODY that hasn't heard Mike Farris covering that song has never really heard it,so here it is.

IMNSHO,this guy is insanely talented,and deserves a wider audience. Yeah,he pretty much only sings gospel now,but so what? Gospel is the original "soul music". Don't believe me,ask any Aretha Franklin fan,which is ANYBODY who ever heard her sing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt8wiGInALs

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #969 on: December 21, 2021, 03:38:12 pm »
Never going to have that buttoned down Jon Pardi / Randy Travis thing...

Um ...
Randy Travis naked arrest video released
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Kamaji

Online roamer_1

« Reply #971 on: December 21, 2021, 10:15:09 pm »
Um ...
Randy Travis naked arrest video released

So what's your point?  :laugh:
Who HASN'T been arrested naked at some point in their life?
(*Only twice for me, and one don't count)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #972 on: December 21, 2021, 10:20:46 pm »

@roamer_1

Believe it or not,me!

I have no rational explanation for how this happens to be true.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #973 on: December 21, 2021, 10:28:01 pm »

TMI!!

:silly:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #974 on: December 21, 2021, 10:28:42 pm »
@roamer_1

Believe it or not,me!

I have no rational explanation for how this happens to be true.

@sneakypete
It ain't THAT you're naked...

It's whether or not you are covered in butter-flavored Crisco...
And whether or not you remember how that happened.
 :whistle: