Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129731 times)

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #925 on: December 13, 2021, 11:07:07 pm »
This past weekend I watched "Mad Max 3 -- Beyond Thunderdome".
I had previously watch the first and second Mad Max films the previous weekend, so I viewed all three "in close order".

My impression is that the sequel was better than the original, and the third film was as good or better than the sequel.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #926 on: December 13, 2021, 11:21:21 pm »
There is a show on Prime called Electric Dreams. Pretty standard stuff. Reminds me of the pulp fiction I would read as a teenager. It is kind of cool. Since I am old now, everything is something I have seen or read before, or a variation of. It is hard to surprise me these days. Blacklist did, as did Breaking Bad. But those were exceptions from the norm.

But yes. It is worth the time to go though it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline verga

« Reply #927 on: December 14, 2021, 03:08:13 pm »
Apparently they're bringing Law & Order back next year... although at this point, who knows how much of the cast will still be able to hold down their jobs.
What is the over /under on how long it takes to go whole defund the police/ woke, lib shit?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #928 on: December 14, 2021, 03:20:58 pm »
What is the over /under on how long it takes to go whole defund the police/ woke, lib shit?

@verga

Huh?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Kamaji

« Reply #929 on: December 14, 2021, 03:22:37 pm »
There is a show on Prime called Electric Dreams. Pretty standard stuff. Reminds me of the pulp fiction I would read as a teenager. It is kind of cool. Since I am old now, everything is something I have seen or read before, or a variation of. It is hard to surprise me these days. Blacklist did, as did Breaking Bad. But those were exceptions from the norm.

But yes. It is worth the time to go though it.

Isn't that supposed to be based on Philip K. Dick's short stories?

Offline verga

« Reply #930 on: December 14, 2021, 07:55:55 pm »
@verga

Huh?
The first seasons (in my opinion) were well done because they just told the story. When Sam Waterson (Jack McCoy) and Elizabeth Rohm (Serena Southerlyn) It became very anti 2nd amendment and was pushing a gay "victim" Agenda. This is just my opinion and others can feel free to disagree.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #931 on: December 16, 2021, 11:36:08 pm »
I always enjoyed watching his show when I was younger.  I didn't know you could get it in reruns.
Oh, it's just about everywhere. The Kowalskis (Ross's business partners, who ended up with the company after Ross died; there was a not-so-flattering documentary about how that all happened recently) have been very aggressive in making the show just about everywhere for free. They have all of the episodes on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/c/BobRossIncVideos

There's also "The Bob Ross Channel," which shows a 24/7 loop of the series. I usually put that on the projector (what I use instead of a TV) before I go to bed at night. You can find it on Pluto, Xumo, Plex, the Roku Channel... pretty much all the free streaming platforms. Netflix has a couple of seasons available commercial-free on their platform, and I'd argue that's probably the most enjoyable way to watch it because most of the ad-supported options cut ads in pretty abruptly.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #932 on: December 18, 2021, 11:03:11 pm »
Tonight and tomorrow, I'll be watching "The Book of Eli", another in my ongoing series of "post-Apocalyptic films" each weekend.

These are easy to "dig up" on the net, if you know where to look...

Online Hoodat

« Reply #933 on: December 18, 2021, 11:53:11 pm »
Tonight and tomorrow, I'll be watching "The Book of Eli", another in my ongoing series of "post-Apocalyptic films" each weekend.

These are easy to "dig up" on the net, if you know where to look...

I am also a huge fan of post-Apocalyptic flicks.  'Book of Eli' was great (primarily because of Gary Oldman is the greatest actor of all time).  But there were some parts of the movie that didn't add up.  We can discuss afterwards.

I really wish someone would do a decent movie series on Steven King's 'Gunslinger/Dark Tower' series.  The last single-movie attempt was horrible.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #934 on: December 19, 2021, 11:42:57 pm »
Tonight @ 8:00 EST - Yellowstone, followed by the prequel 1883.  I think 1883 is going to be even better than Yellowstone.  Next Sunday they will air another episode of Yellowstone and 1883, and subsequent episodes of 1883 will only be available on Paramount+. 

I can't wait!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #935 on: December 19, 2021, 11:48:40 pm »
Tonight @ 8:00 EST - Yellowstone, followed by the prequel 1883.  I think 1883 is going to be even better than Yellowstone.  Next Sunday they will air another episode of Yellowstone and 1883, and subsequent episodes of 1883 will only be available on Paramount+. 

I can't wait!!

:beer:   :2popcorn:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #936 on: December 20, 2021, 12:51:16 am »

I can't wait!!

Me either ..We have Paramount+ so we will be able to watch 1883
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 01:35:46 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #937 on: December 20, 2021, 01:35:34 am »
I am sick of Jimmy!!!   who cares about him!!!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #938 on: December 20, 2021, 03:35:36 am »
1883 was very good.
Although I was quite taken aback that these good pioneers still knew how to use the F-word.  *****rollingeyes*****
I swear someone should send Taylor Sheridan a thesaurus.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online libertybele

« Reply #939 on: December 20, 2021, 03:59:31 am »
I am sick of Jimmy!!!   who cares about him!!!

Agreed.  Yellowstone was a bit disappointing and slow tonight.  1883, well so far  I thought it was just ok.  We got Paramount + just to watch it.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #940 on: December 20, 2021, 04:00:16 am »
1883 was very good.
Although I was quite taken aback that these good pioneers still knew how to use the F-word.  *****rollingeyes*****

IKR... Why oh why all the cursing. Cringworthy 95% of all movies now days. BTW... the first episode was free on Youtube.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 04:02:09 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online libertybele

« Reply #941 on: December 20, 2021, 04:06:27 am »
1883 was very good.

Yes, I was a little surprised as well and I thought it would be a little bit more tame because of the era.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #942 on: December 20, 2021, 04:47:50 am »
Yes, I was a little surprised as well and I thought it would be a little bit more tame because of the era.

@libertybele

I am shocked that so many of you actually think the 1800's was like the cowboy movies you grew up watching,where no one cursed and all women were considered to be virgins if they weren't married.

The 1800's was full of whores. Hell,most of the women in the west that married and raised families started out as whores. It was one of the few career fields open to women,and women are just like everyone else,they will do what they HAVE to do in order to survive.

Online libertybele

« Reply #943 on: December 20, 2021, 04:50:35 am »
@libertybele

I am shocked that so many of you actually think the 1800's was like the cowboy movies you grew up watching,where no one cursed and all women were considered to be virgins if they weren't married.

The 1800's was full of whores. Hell,most of the women in the west that married and raised families started out as whores. It was one of the few career fields open to women,and women are just like everyone else,they will do what they HAVE to do in order to survive.

Yep, I grew up watching John Wayne movies and Little House on the Prairie.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #944 on: December 20, 2021, 06:04:10 am »
@libertybele

My kin was the Probate Judge around 1900, they didn't tolerate bad language and I have the arrest warrants to prove it. You didn't even spit around women on the ground.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #945 on: December 20, 2021, 06:25:04 am »
My kin was the Probate Judge around 1900, they didn't tolerate bad language and I have the arrest warrants to prove it. You didn't even spit around women on the ground.

IN my 1000's of hours of genealogy research, reading 19th century papers, and and oveall research, I have come to th esame conclusion.

Yeah, there may have been little nooks and crannies of the country that sounded and acted like "Deadwood", but the country back then as a whole was much much less profane.

Just think of the past 50 years, and the difference.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #946 on: December 20, 2021, 07:29:40 am »
IN my 1000's of hours of genealogy research, reading 19th century papers, and and oveall research, I have come to th esame conclusion.

Yeah, there may have been little nooks and crannies of the country that sounded and acted like "Deadwood", but the country back then as a whole was much much less profane.

I agree, yes there is nothing new under the sun (people did bad things from the beginning)... but the West was not what Hollyweird portrays it was.

The American Old West: How Hollywood Made It “Wild” to Make Money & Advance Gun Control (Ammo(dot)com article)

https://ammo.com/articles/american-old-west-hollywood-wild-west-money-gun-control

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #947 on: December 20, 2021, 08:33:42 am »

@Sighlass

If you truly believe that,you think Cinderella was a documentary.

I have no doubt a probate court judge back then could be a Nazi dictator within the small realm he controlled,but that was it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #948 on: December 20, 2021, 08:38:18 am »

@catfish1957

You are also delusional if you think that sort of thing was the norm. It may have been the "norm" in the very snall "Church Lady Society" habitats,but get out of those sections of town and into the saloon/barroom sections,and it was a VERY different story.

People have a natural tendency to get nostalgic about "the good old days",but the truth is for most parts of the nation,they didn't exist . People liked to PRETEND they did,but they didn't.  Otherwise,things like child prostitution and labor wouldn't have been daily realities for the children of the poor.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #949 on: December 20, 2021, 12:54:44 pm »
Queen's Gambit
is a good show. it is predicable, but it is well done. I enjoyed it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.