Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129713 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #900 on: December 02, 2021, 07:40:51 pm »
Netflix will not be getting a dime from me.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline heelboy22

« Reply #901 on: December 03, 2021, 12:42:29 am »
Home Alone 2 - WITH a Trump sighting! :cool:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #902 on: December 03, 2021, 02:00:01 am »
It's on NETFLIX. 

As an aside, it's amazing the transformation James Spader took upon himself for this role.  No more "Pretty Boy".  IMO, he settled into middle age and retirement seamlessly.
Just finished BlackList yesterday. Elizabeth Reed is nuts. Last few seasons, she becomes a psycho bitch!
If I ever came across a woman that 'nuts', I would stay as far away from her as possible.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #903 on: December 03, 2021, 03:35:47 am »
If you want to have fun Cowboy Bebop is a fun little 'comic book' movie.
I enjoyed it somewhat. It is very cliché but, who cares?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline verga

« Reply #904 on: December 03, 2021, 12:46:25 pm »
Is it on Netflix?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #905 on: December 03, 2021, 11:40:54 pm »
Just finished watching “Titanic”. Yes, I know it’s schlocky and melodramatic, but I still love it. And when I cry at the end of the movie, it isn’t because of Jack and Rose. It’s because it is the only movie my Grandma and I saw together in a theater. And 20 years after losing her, I still miss her.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online libertybele

« Reply #906 on: December 06, 2021, 12:37:38 am »
Just finished watching “Titanic”. Yes, I know it’s schlocky and melodramatic, but I still love it. And when I cry at the end of the movie, it isn’t because of Jack and Rose. It’s because it is the only movie my Grandma and I saw together in a theater. And 20 years after losing her, I still miss her.

Aww....bless your heart @debrawiest    3333hugs
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #907 on: December 06, 2021, 12:38:18 am »
Countdown ... half hour till "Yellowstone".  happy77

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #908 on: December 06, 2021, 12:48:51 am »
Countdown ... half hour till "Yellowstone".  happy77

12 more mins..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

« Reply #909 on: December 06, 2021, 12:49:19 am »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #910 on: December 06, 2021, 12:50:32 am »
Just finishing watching The Bishop's Wife on TCM...one of my favs.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #911 on: December 06, 2021, 01:29:57 am »
Last night I watched Miracle On 34th Street, the original not one of the remakes and now I'm watching Serenity the Firefly series movie after which probably watch The Bishops Wife.

Offline verga

« Reply #912 on: December 06, 2021, 12:54:09 pm »
Watched the first 20 minutes of it, Could not get into it
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #913 on: December 06, 2021, 01:55:49 pm »
Watched the first 20 minutes of it, Could not get into it

@verga

Ditto!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #914 on: December 06, 2021, 02:40:21 pm »
I know there aren't exact parallels, but I see a lot of simlarities in Baldwin and  Robert Blake back in the day.

Blake was bombastically arroagant in his defense too. Thankfully like Baldwin (soon) both of their careers are over.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline verga

« Reply #915 on: December 06, 2021, 03:11:56 pm »
I know there aren't exact parallels, but I see a lot of simlarities in Baldwin and  Robert Blake back in the day.

Blake was bombastically arroagant in his defense too. Thankfully like Baldwin (soon) both of their careers are over.
I hope you are correct, but I fear that Baldwin will have to be dragged down kicking and screaming.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #916 on: December 06, 2021, 11:15:47 pm »
Saturday, watched the original "Mad Max".
Sunday, watched the sequel, "The Road Warrior".

I thought the sequel was more interesting than the original.
Perhaps this coming weekend I'll scrounge up #3, "Beyond Thunderdome"...

And, found this "Our Gang" short from the silent era:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBGQ2QRiEs0

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #917 on: December 07, 2021, 02:37:16 am »
Amazon is charging $25 per season for Blacklist.  Are there other options?  Is it worth paying?

@Hoodat

I keep repeating,get a ROKU player.

If you have a ROKU,older seasons are available for free on bravo,usa,oxygen,syfy,free if you are a Netflix subscriber,etc,etc,etc.

And,of course,new episodes are free on NBC.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online corbe

« Reply #918 on: December 07, 2021, 04:10:59 pm »
   Bill Whittle provides a little optimism for this day:

https://youtu.be/urcONVEI5MY

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #919 on: December 09, 2021, 01:09:28 am »
I thought I'd throw this article in here.  The last scary movie that I saw was "Exorcist". It rattled me.  I slept with a cross for months.

The 50 Scariest Movies of All Time (slides @ link)

Stream the scariest movies of all time—if you dare

There's nothing like a good scary movie to get your blood pumping and heart racing. At their core, though, horror movies do much more than scare. They make us think about our lives, our values, and even our society as a whole. That's why some of the scariest movies of all time overlap with the best movies of all time; they take us out of our comfort zone and thrill us into thinking.

The horror genre has plenty of films to choose from, but if you really want to get the daylights scared out of you, add these top scary movies to your streaming list. They were chosen based on multiple factors, including our research on their popularity, influence on the horror genre, and creative storytelling. From terrifying thrillers to scary Halloween movies, they're sure to induce some serious goosebumps and spine chills............

.................https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/reviews/the-50-scariest-movies-of-all-time/ss-AARzL4n#image=1

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #920 on: December 11, 2021, 11:22:31 pm »
I missed viewing the first 10 years or so of Law and Order,so I decided to use my ROKU to go back to Season 1,Episode 1,and s ee how it evolved.

Olivia and Stabler look like teenyboppers. No kidding. It's actually pretty funny,as well as entertaining to see how their characters evolve as the show goes on.

AND......,it has been airing for more than 20 years now. Which is practically unheard of in the entertainment industry.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #921 on: December 13, 2021, 10:32:38 pm »
What have I been watching lately?

Mainly, old reruns of The Joy of Painting. It's fascinating. What I've really been impressed with with Bob Ross is that he has such an eye for technical detail: the side of a hill that gets light, the focus of a picture, and how to work that with oil paint. He may have been a one-trick pony as a landscape artist, but he was a master of that one trick.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #922 on: December 13, 2021, 10:33:47 pm »
I missed viewing the first 10 years or so of Law and Order,so I decided to use my ROKU to go back to Season 1,Episode 1,and s ee how it evolved.

Olivia and Stabler look like teenyboppers. No kidding. It's actually pretty funny,as well as entertaining to see how their characters evolve as the show goes on.

AND......,it has been airing for more than 20 years now. Which is practically unheard of in the entertainment industry.
Apparently they're bringing Law & Order back next year... although at this point, who knows how much of the cast will still be able to hold down their jobs.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #923 on: December 13, 2021, 10:49:03 pm »
... my wallet.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #924 on: December 13, 2021, 10:52:20 pm »
What have I been watching lately?

Mainly, old reruns of The Joy of Painting. It's fascinating. What I've really been impressed with with Bob Ross is that he has such an eye for technical detail: the side of a hill that gets light, the focus of a picture, and how to work that with oil paint. He may have been a one-trick pony as a landscape artist, but he was a master of that one trick.

I always enjoyed watching his show when I was younger.  I didn't know you could get it in reruns.