Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129880 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #825 on: October 17, 2021, 02:01:25 pm »
Just finished episode 635 of Gunsmoke and started watching season 1 of

Which streaming servce has it?  Have Gun Will Travel, the most underated Western. Love the episdoes that I catch on the retro networks.  An out west Bad Ass Bounty Hunter with intellect?  Love that premise.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #826 on: October 17, 2021, 03:09:58 pm »
Which streaming servce has it?  Have Gun Will Travel, the most underated Western. Love the episdoes that I catch on the retro networks.  An out west Bad Ass Bounty Hunter with intellect?  Love that premise.

He wasn't a Bounty Hunter. He was a Hired Gun With Morals and a Conscience.

It was my Dad's favorite Western Series. I P2P downloaded all of the episodes too many years ago to remember when.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 03:24:11 pm by Elderberry »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #827 on: October 17, 2021, 03:42:14 pm »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #828 on: October 17, 2021, 04:29:58 pm »

@catfish1957

I dunno about streaming services,but I could get in on one of my "off the mainstream" tv broadcast channels not long ago. I still get the original Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock shows in black and white.

I had no idea these channels even existed before I bought my new RCA antenna for 43 bucks from amazon. Using my old antenna (20+ years old),I could only pull in 7 channels,depending on the weather. Which I thought was pretty good,considering I live over 40 miles from the nearest broadcast channel.

I put up the new RCA antenna that is 1/3 the size of my original antenna and weighs less that 5 lbs,and suddenly I am pulling in 43 broadcast channels. Most of them channels I had never heard of. I was told by somebody these are "reserve" channels the local stations by to reserve them if they want to expand in the future,but they are required to broadcast over them to keep the license active. So they mostly play black and white series from the 50's and 60's.

This also requires you to be a seperate "tuner" in order to power the antenna and convert the signal in order to see it on digital equipment. I plug mine into my ROKU to power it. I have no idea what you would do if you have cable tv or subscribe to a dish network.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I2ZBD1U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not a bad buy for 37 bucks,and it even comes with it's own remote.

BTW,I am NOT saying  you will be able to get Have gun,will travel if you buy this box. I have no idea what the "off brand" tv broadcast channels in your area are showing.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #829 on: October 17, 2021, 04:36:41 pm »
@catfish1957

I dunno about streaming services,but I could get in on one of my "off the mainstream" tv broadcast channels not long ago. I still get the original Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock shows in black and white.

I had no idea these channels even existed before I bought my new RCA antenna for 43 bucks from amazon. Using my old antenna (20+ years old),I could only pull in 7 channels,depending on the weather. Which I thought was pretty good,considering I live over 40 miles from the nearest broadcast channel.

I put up the new RCA antenna that is 1/3 the size of my original antenna and weighs less that 5 lbs,and suddenly I am pulling in 43 broadcast channels. Most of them channels I had never heard of. I was told by somebody these are "reserve" channels the local stations by to reserve them if they want to expand in the future,but they are required to broadcast over them to keep the license active. So they mostly play black and white series from the 50's and 60's.

This also requires you to be a seperate "tuner" in order to power the antenna and convert the signal in order to see it on digital equipment. I plug mine into my ROKU to power it. I have no idea what you would do if you have cable tv or subscribe to a dish network.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I2ZBD1U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not a bad buy for 37 bucks,and it even comes with it's own remote.

BTW,I am NOT saying  you will be able to get Have gun,will travel if you buy this box. I have no idea what the "off brand" tv broadcast channels in your area are showing.

Me -TV carries it, and I can get that.  It would just be nice to stream it in order though.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #830 on: October 17, 2021, 07:23:47 pm »
Me -TV carries it, and I can get that.  It would just be nice to stream it in order though.
@catfish1957

Well,you could always record it all and then watch it in order.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #831 on: October 17, 2021, 10:01:32 pm »
catfish asked:
"Which streaming servce has it?  Have Gun Will Travel, the most underated Western. Love the episdoes that I catch on the retro networks."

Not "streaming", but a quick search revealed this:

Have Gun, Will Travel (The complete collector's edition):
pirate-proxy.dev/description.php?id=6728565

More:
pirate-proxy.dev/search.php?q=have+gun+will+travel&video=on&search=Pirate+Search&page=0&orderby=

Note: you will have to add "https://" to each of the above.
You know what to do.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 10:02:53 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #832 on: October 17, 2021, 10:11:49 pm »

Offline verga

« Reply #833 on: October 18, 2021, 11:44:00 am »
catfish asked:
"Which streaming servce has it?  Have Gun Will Travel, the most underated Western. Love the episdoes that I catch on the retro networks."

Not "streaming", but a quick search revealed this:

Have Gun, Will Travel (The complete collector's edition):
pirate-proxy.dev/description.php?id=6728565

More:
pirate-proxy.dev/search.php?q=have+gun+will+travel&video=on&search=Pirate+Search&page=0&orderby=

Note: you will have to add "https://" to each of the above.
You know what to do.
There is also a youTube channel that has almost all of them. I don't recall the name right off hand, but if you use the search feature...
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline MikePence

« Reply #834 on: October 19, 2021, 06:18:11 pm »
Scary Movie 2000!  :pop41: :bigsilly:
I'm a Christian, a conservative and a Republican, in that order.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #835 on: October 20, 2021, 12:01:16 am »
Prime Suspect on either Brit Box or Hulu.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #836 on: October 20, 2021, 04:29:14 pm »
We’ve been watching “Midnight Mass” on Netflix.  Strange little series, to say the least.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline verga

« Reply #837 on: October 20, 2021, 05:40:51 pm »
We’ve been watching “Midnight Mass” on Netflix.  Strange little series, to say the least.
The last two episodes are a total "Mess with the he mind". My wife quit watching after episode 3.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #838 on: October 20, 2021, 07:20:53 pm »
The last two episodes are a total "Mess with the he mind". My wife quit watching after episode 3.

I never clicked on it, based upon Netflix's penchant to push its gratuitous homosexual characters and/or scenes, and its overall hatred of the Catholic Church.

Thank you, Barack and Michele Obama
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #839 on: October 21, 2021, 10:34:26 pm »
Stumbled upon GANGLANDS on Netflix.   It's a French production set in Brussels.  Six episodes.

Medhi, a qualified robber, and Liana, an apprentice thief, get involved in a turf war between drug dealers, and have to collaborate in order to save their loved ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VZ2Nbx8gHI

NOTE:  Since I don't speak French, I choose the English and because I can't hear shit, I also choose subtitles.  Since it's perfectly synced, it's excellent.

Of course, it has to have the obligatory lesbian relationship....
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #840 on: October 22, 2021, 12:54:45 pm »
Stumbled upon GANGLANDS on Netflix.   It's a French production set in Brussels.  Six episodes.

Medhi, a qualified robber, and Liana, an apprentice thief, get involved in a turf war between drug dealers, and have to collaborate in order to save their loved ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VZ2Nbx8gHI

NOTE:  Since I don't speak French, I choose the English and because I can't hear shit, I also choose subtitles.  Since it's perfectly synced, it's excellent.

Of course, it has to have the obligatory lesbian relationship....

@DCPatriot

Am I the only one getting tired of this? I know that sort of thing is pretty common in the acting world,but not so much in the real world.

AND.....,it's been done so many times now it is no longer shocking or titillating ,just disgusting.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 12:55:48 pm by sneakypete »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #841 on: October 22, 2021, 02:08:47 pm »
@DCPatriot

Am I the only one getting tired of this? I know that sort of thing is pretty common in the acting world,but not so much in the real world.

AND.....,it's been done so many times now it is no longer shocking or titillating ,just disgusting.

Netflix decidedly went down 'that' path when Barack and Michele Obama were awarded a $200M contract with them.

All of a sudden, every goddamned show...every script writer was given orders to inject an LBGTQ-whatever into the plot line.

ERGO, the greatest shows/series all-time have a character or two ...gratuitous played out scenes.  The MFers don't even use the crashing waves and fade-out...nope, gotta see the head bobbing and the BJ.

But get past this crap and the show is excellent.   :beer:

@sneakypete

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #842 on: October 22, 2021, 02:11:11 pm »
Netflix decidedly went down 'that' path when Barack and Michele Obama were awarded a $200M contract with them.

All of a sudden, every goddamned show...every script writer was given orders to inject an LBGTQ-whatever into the plot line.

ERGO, the greatest shows/series all-time have a character or two ...gratuitous played out scenes.  The MFers don't even use the crashing waves and fade-out...nope, gotta see the head bobbing and the BJ.

But get past this crap and the show is excellent.   :beer:

@sneakypete

And all their algorthims push this shit in the suggested watch lists.  You actually got to go the search function now to find anything decent.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #843 on: October 22, 2021, 09:05:13 pm »
And all their algorthims push this shit in the suggested watch lists.  You actually got to go the search function now to find anything decent.

@catfish1957

I just finished watching the Tom Clancy Jack Ryan series last night,and if you can overlook the cartoonish combat scenes,it's pretty damn good.

Offline verga

« Reply #844 on: October 22, 2021, 09:08:47 pm »
@catfish1957

I just finished watching the Tom Clancy Jack Ryan series last night,and if you can overlook the cartoonish combat scenes,it's pretty damn good.
For me the one that sucked was the version of "Without Remorse" that was just out. The only thing it had in common with the book was the name.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #845 on: October 22, 2021, 10:03:09 pm »
For me the one that sucked was the version of "Without Remorse" that was just out. The only thing it had in common with the book was the name.

@verga

Well,thanks to chemo brain and no memory at all,I didn't do much reading the last few years.

Even now I forget what happened in episode 1 by the time I am watching episode 3.

Can't think about that much because it's too depressing.

On the up side,my memory is damn near perfect when it comes to pre-chemo days.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #846 on: October 22, 2021, 10:30:18 pm »

That's right, @catfish1957

I simply type "WAR" and select something among 100 choices.    :laugh:

But try 6350 or any four-numbers beginning with "6".

Offline MikePence

« Reply #847 on: October 23, 2021, 12:44:40 am »
Dune is the best film. Since the lord of the rings trilogy! The film honored our Republican brother. Frank Herbert's world! He created it is a shame He didn't live to see this. I would imagine he would be proud! Denis Villeneuve is the next Peter Jackson!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g18jFHCLXk
I'm a Christian, a conservative and a Republican, in that order.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #848 on: October 23, 2021, 10:54:04 am »
Dune is the best film. Since the lord of the rings trilogy! The film honored our Republican brother. Frank Herbert's world! He created it is a shame He didn't live to see this. I would imagine he would be proud! Denis Villeneuve is the next Peter Jackson!

Yours is the first good review of this movie that I’ve seen.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #849 on: October 23, 2021, 06:20:34 pm »
I'll have to watch it. I thoroughly enjoyed the first Dune book. I can't now remember if I've read any more of the series. I've always been hooked on Sci-Fi. When I was a member of the Sci-Fi book of the month, I'd totally immerse and read all the books I ordered, usually around 3, sometimes the day they came in.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 06:23:14 pm by Elderberry »