Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129894 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #800 on: October 03, 2021, 01:02:48 pm »
Thought IMPOSTERS was excellent.  Pushed 'PAUSE' more than a few times to best appreciate that girl's beauty.  Inbar Lavi. 

Nothing sexual about it.  Just incredibly beautiful.

I’m glad that’s on Netflix. I enjoyed that show when it first came out on Bravo.

Personally,  I thought both women in leads were good. And Uma Thurman looked like she hardly aged as well.

I thought the second season was better than the first, if possible.

Re: Netflix

Has anyone seen that Squid Game show? I viewed the trailers and it looks ok but violent. I can’t believe it’s first in almost every country that gets Netflix.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #801 on: October 03, 2021, 01:05:42 pm »
Star Trek lower decks finishes mid month. I’ll be asking Santa for it for the holidays or I’ll buy it myself.

Picard should also be coming out in December and I think I’ll buy that as a DVD as well, when that’s releases.

For those with Britbox, I’m considering purchasing. I’d like to see Hyacinth again.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #802 on: October 03, 2021, 10:32:28 pm »
Tonight, watching "The Station Agent", an independently-produced film from 2003, about a "little person" (really, the leading role is played by Peter Dinklage, a dwarf) who inherits a railroad station in Newfoundland, NJ.

See:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0340377/

Can be found "on the net" if you know where to look.
(I sense many or most regulars of this forum don't "know where to look", sigh...)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #803 on: October 03, 2021, 10:34:57 pm »
Tonight, watching "The Station Agent", an independently-produced film from 2003, about a "little person" (really, the leading role is played by Peter Dinklage, a dwarf) who inherits a railroad station in Newfoundland, NJ.

See:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0340377/

Can be found "on the net" if you know where to look.
(I sense many or most regulars of this forum don't "know where to look", sigh...)

You must think that most here has never seen or know anything about GOT.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #804 on: October 03, 2021, 10:39:59 pm »
You must think that most here has never seen or know anything about GOT.....

@catfish1957

Hmmm,seems like I may have heard something about that one. Has a smoking hot woman with white hair that will sic her dragons on your ass if you mess with her?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #805 on: October 03, 2021, 10:46:08 pm »
@catfish1957

Hmmm,seems like I may have heard something about that one. Has a smoking hot woman with white hair that will sic her dragons on your ass if you mess with her?

lol...  Dinklage now owns the record for 4 major emmys and 8 straight nominations all....  for that one role.  And deservingly so.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #806 on: October 03, 2021, 10:49:01 pm »
lol...  Dinklage now owns the record for 4 major emmys and 8 straight nominations all....  for that one role.  And deservingly so.

@catfish1957

I couldn't agree more.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #807 on: October 04, 2021, 11:41:48 am »
Original Law & Order Show Gets Season 21 Renewal From NBC

In a surprise twist, the original Law & Order has been renewed for season 21 eleven years after the show first went off the air. Dick Wolf kicked off his now iconic television franchise with Law & Order back in 1990; it ran for a grand total of 20 seasons before coming to an end in 2010. The series traced the criminal justice system from the moment the detectives take on a case up through when it is tried by prosecutors in court. Law & Order saw many stars come through its cast, with the most notable figures being Sam Waterston, Steven Hill, Jessie L. Martin, S. Epatha Merkerson, and the late Jerry Orbach.

Since Law & Order began, the franchise has grown to insane heights. There have been multiple spin-offs over the years, with two currently airing. Law & Order: SVU recently entered its 23rd season, which makes it the longest-running drama in television history. Last season, it was joined by Law & Order: Organized Crime, the new series led by Christopher Meloni's Elliot Stabler. That also returned for another season and has already enjoyed a crossover with SVU.

Now these two spin-offs will be joined by the show that started it all. Per Deadline, NBC has greenlit Law & Order for season 21. Wolf will once again serve as executive producer, while Rick Eid is on board as showrunner-writer. It will follow the same format as the original run and is expected to feature beloved characters from before. Waterston is reportedly at the top of the list for those NBC wants back. Wolf said in a statement, "There are very few things in life that are literally dreams come true. This is mine." Law & Order had been on the cusp of making television history when it was abruptly cancelled, so for him, this is unfinished business. Law & Order doesn't yet have a premiere date, and it's unclear if it will be ready for midseason.

https://screenrant.com/law-order-season-21-renewed-nbc-details/

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #808 on: October 04, 2021, 11:42:24 am »
Original Law & Order Show Gets Season 21 Renewal From NBC

I’m over the moon! One of my all time favorite shows

Offline verga

« Reply #809 on: October 04, 2021, 05:14:09 pm »
I’m glad that’s on Netflix. I enjoyed that show when it first came out on Bravo.

Personally,  I thought both women in leads were good. And Uma Thurman looked like she hardly aged as well.

I thought the second season was better than the first, if possible.

Re: Netflix

Has anyone seen that Squid Game show? I viewed the trailers and it looks ok but violent. I can’t believe it’s first in almost every country that gets Netflix.
I LOVED it. Binge watched it in one day.
First episode was slow, but after that it picked up.
It is very violent in some parts, but the story makes up for that.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #810 on: October 04, 2021, 09:39:50 pm »
Original Law & Order Show Gs Season 21 Renewal From NBC

@Gefn

Well,whenever it starts airing,I will be watching it.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #811 on: October 08, 2021, 12:29:58 am »
Has anybody watched The Patriot on Amazon?  Just finished Season 1.  It is utterly bizarre.  I'm hooked.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #812 on: October 08, 2021, 02:07:52 am »
Has anybody watched The Patriot on Amazon?  Just finished Season 1.  It is utterly bizarre.  I'm hooked.

@Hoodat

I vaguely remember watching and enjoying it a few years ago,before the chemo wiped my memory.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #813 on: October 08, 2021, 02:13:31 am »
@Hoodat

I vaguely remember watching and enjoying it a few years ago,before the chemo wiped my memory.

Lucky.  Now you get to enjoy it all over again.  Rochambeau!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #814 on: October 08, 2021, 02:45:35 am »
Lucky.  Now you get to enjoy it all over again.  Rochambeau!

@Hoodat

Nope. Tried that with other programs and it doesn't work. I start remembering what is going to happen next as I watch them,so I would rather watch new content I have never seen.

Offline verga

« Reply #815 on: October 08, 2021, 01:45:49 pm »
@Hoodat I watched about 15 m minutes of the first episode about a year ago and just could not get into it. But based on your praise I might give it another shot.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline corbe

« Reply #816 on: October 09, 2021, 09:05:17 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #817 on: October 10, 2021, 01:17:53 am »
Been catching up on Blacklist the last couple of days.

Midway through Season 8 now.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #818 on: October 12, 2021, 06:48:50 pm »

Me too. I've just started watching Blacklist on NF and I like it.
Also, watched that Santa Clarita Diet show. It's gross as hell, but it is kinda funny. If you have some time to kill, you should check it out. But be warned, it is not for everyone.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #819 on: October 12, 2021, 11:42:11 pm »
Me too. I've just started watching Blacklist on NF and I like it.
Also, watched that Santa Clarita Diet show. It's gross as hell, but it is kinda funny. If you have some time to kill, you should check it out. But be warned, it is not for everyone.

@240B

Right now I am too busy trying to get caught up on several series to start anything new.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #820 on: October 13, 2021, 12:34:59 am »

@sneakypete

Just finished it!

For me, it was like hating to get to the end of a great book.   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #821 on: October 13, 2021, 02:20:03 am »
@sneakypete

Just finished it!

For me, it was like hating to get to the end of a great book.   :beer:

@DCPatriot

Same here. Felt that when when Homeland and Breaking Bad ended,too.

If there is one bright spot in my chemo brain world,it is the fact that I can now go back and watch these programs again,and it will be just like seeing the for the first time.

Offline MikePence

« Reply #822 on: October 16, 2021, 07:14:30 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwe16VBMwXc

Happy 20th, Smallville! I just Loved this. The show was excellent escapism in a post 9/11 world. I  watched the pilot hours ago still holds up! Tom Welling is still my Superman!
I'm a Christian, a conservative and a Republican, in that order.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #823 on: October 16, 2021, 10:20:41 pm »
Tonight and tomorrow will watch "The Postman", apocalyptic film from back in 1997. Never saw it, I stopped going to the movies in 1993 or so...

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #824 on: October 17, 2021, 12:40:50 pm »
Just finished episode 635 of Gunsmoke and started watching season 1 of