Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129708 times)

Offline MikePence

Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #775 on: September 26, 2021, 08:38:05 pm »
I'm paying respects to a great show, star trek enterprise! It just turned 20 years today. Boy, time sure flies!
I'm a Christian, a conservative and a Republican, in that order.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #776 on: September 26, 2021, 08:51:04 pm »
Peaky Blinders,season 5.

They are a Gypsy gang operating in London shortly after WW-2. Typical Brit attention to detail in all respects,including actors who are so good it's hard to believe they are acting.

BTW,I kinda got the hots for Pol (Polly),an actress probably in her 50's that has wrinkles in her face,but is truly a power to be reconded with in that gang.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 08:52:51 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Kamaji

« Reply #777 on: September 26, 2021, 09:43:47 pm »
Was just watching a movie called "Run Hide Fight" in bits and pieces courtesy of various internet sources.  Didn't get to the final ending, though, so I might look for it on a streaming service.

Offline MikePence

« Reply #778 on: September 27, 2021, 05:12:47 am »
Was just watching a movie called "Run Hide Fight" in bits and pieces courtesy of various internet sources.  Didn't get to the final ending, though, so I might look for it on a streaming service.

The daily wire put that out!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #779 on: September 27, 2021, 08:51:51 am »
I'm paying respects to a great show, star trek enterprise! It just turned 20 years today. Boy, time sure flies!

It’s 20 years since Captain Archer? And porthos? And T’Pau and Trip?

Suddenly I feel old.

Btw-TOS leaves Netflix on the 30th. I’m binge watching it. Next time I want to see this show, I’ll be buying it.

Thank yoy @MikePence
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline art.prout

« Reply #780 on: September 27, 2021, 09:30:35 am »
Now watching https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1830617/.  Had never seen it in the past.  Great series, just starting Season 3 on Prime.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #781 on: September 27, 2021, 11:49:24 am »

Suddenly I feel old.

Btw-TOS leaves Netflix on the 30th. I’m binge watching it. Next time I want to see this show, I’ll be buying it.

Thank yoy @MikePence

Am acutal a big fan of Enterprise.  My favorite of the group.  Also maybe the least woke of the sequels too.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline verga

« Reply #782 on: September 27, 2021, 02:32:27 pm »
Just felt like crap yesterday, Binge watched "Squid game" on Netflix. Korean 9 episode limited series. People in dire financial straits are given a chance to pay off their outstanding debts by going to an island to play a series of "games". If they lose or violate a rule they are killed. First episode was kind of cheesy, but the second episode grabbed me.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #783 on: September 28, 2021, 11:08:05 am »
After going on a binge-watching exercise on "BLACKLIST", I burned out a bit.

Last night, picked it up again.

There is absolutely nothing on video better than BLACKLIST when it comes to production, script and screenplay.

James Spader has come a long, long way since STARGATE. 

Netflix has just announced SEASON 8 begins this month.  (I'm on 5)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #784 on: September 28, 2021, 11:10:27 am »
Peaky Blinders,season 5.

They are a Gypsy gang operating in London shortly after WW-2. Typical Brit attention to detail in all respects,including actors who are so good it's hard to believe they are acting.

BTW,I kinda got the hots for Pol (Polly),an actress probably in her 50's that has wrinkles in her face,but is truly a power to be reconded with in that gang.

@sneakypete 

"Polly" died last year after a long battle with cancer.   The entire cast was devastated.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Kamaji

« Reply #785 on: September 28, 2021, 12:29:58 pm »

There is absolutely nothing on video better than BLACKLIST when it comes to production, script and screenplay.

Sounds interesting.  I may check it out this weekend!  Thanks.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #786 on: September 28, 2021, 12:35:51 pm »

Have watched and enjoyed at first season, since we know one of the writers.

But honestly, of late?  It's getting pretty long in the tooth, running out of plot ideas, and venturing into the ridiculous.  Hope Spader saves some face, and ends it pretty soon.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #787 on: September 28, 2021, 12:38:24 pm »

@sneakypete 

"Polly" died last year after a long battle with cancer.   The entire cast was devastated.

They lost Brian Dennehy too, in same year.  A lot of talent lost in one chunk.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #788 on: September 28, 2021, 01:18:50 pm »

@sneakypete 

@DCPatriot

I am truly sorry to hear this. She was a VERY talented actress. Her battle with cancer does explain all the wrinkles in her face,though.

I am sure she got the recognition she deserved after her death. She flat dominated any scene she was in,regardless of who else was there.

BassWrangler

« Reply #789 on: September 28, 2021, 11:03:24 pm »
Am watching the Netflix show "Midnight Mass". About 3 episodes in, and so far it has been very good.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #790 on: September 28, 2021, 11:33:44 pm »
I am liking this series a lot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=556N5vojtp0

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #791 on: September 28, 2021, 11:45:58 pm »
Am acutal a big fan of Enterprise.  My favorite of the group.  Also maybe the least woke of the sequels too.

For some reason I can’t explain I like Deep Space Nine best. But the last season was meh.

@catfish1957

I read this morning that in the new season of  Picard, Q makes an appearance, as well as the Doctor from Voyager. I guess he’s going to be in an episode with Seven of Nine. And another guest appearance of Ricker and Troi
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 11:48:29 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

BassWrangler

« Reply #792 on: September 29, 2021, 03:56:04 am »
Am watching the Netflix show "Midnight Mass". About 3 episodes in, and so far it has been very good.

OK, just finished this mini series. I recommend it.

Offline MikePence

« Reply #793 on: September 29, 2021, 06:27:40 am »

Suddenly I feel old.

Thank yoy @MikePence

Not a problem! Yeah, I feel old too! Twenty years since this excellent show aired! I just loved it right away! It was right-wing, and the original is a masterpiece! Thanks for telling me it is leaving Netflix. It is also on the paramount plus streaming service. I presume they want to keep the money in-house.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #794 on: September 30, 2021, 11:12:44 pm »
I finished watching Season 3 of "Ozark",and  highly recommend it to anyone,but warn you that so much is going on in that show that you really have to pay attention to be able to keep up with what is happening.

Season 4,the final season,is supposed to start airing sometime in early 2022.

I am now binge watching "Prime Suspect" (UK) that stars Helen Mirren as the lead,and she is a detective supervisor with the British Police. GREAT show that runs for 8 seasons. It is available on Brit Box,as well as a few of the usual broadcasting suspects. It is,of course,free if you subscribe to Brit Box.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #795 on: October 02, 2021, 08:31:21 pm »

Not a problem! Yeah, I feel old too! Twenty years since this excellent show aired! I just loved it right away! It was right-wing, and the original is a masterpiece! Thanks for telling me it is leaving Netflix. It is also on the paramount plus streaming service. I presume they want to keep the money in-house.
It is forbidden to say this around any group of really hard core Trekkies, but I thought Enterprise was better than Voyager or TNG. Voyager was too far-out for me to the point of being almost silly, and TNG was the Frasier prim and proper version of Star Trek. Voyager is one of my favorites. For the life of me, I cannot imagine why in the world it was cancelled when it was just starting to peak?

Just finish watching GOLIATH on Prime and loved it. Would recommend the show to everyone.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #796 on: October 02, 2021, 09:52:00 pm »
The Paradise  .... BBC Production (series) a few years ago. For most part a clean show, second season throws in some dirt that is mild compared to today's offerings.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x61zk25
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #797 on: October 03, 2021, 12:05:47 am »
NetFlix IMPOSTERS is a good show.
It is a little hard to follow though, because as the name says the characters keep changing.
Several times I had to slow down and count, 'OK now he is that guy now, and she is now a blond. Got it.
It is a fun show and worth the time.

Stopped watching that silly Lucifer show on NetFlix because it got too ridiculous to overlook.
Starts out with the Devil is a Batman type superhero who teams up with a homicide detective to fight crime.
Ok. I can deal with that. But in the later seasons it becomes more like a soap opera.
It focuses on the 'romantic' relationship between the Devil and the detective. That was a warning.
Then, a bunch of the Devils 'relatives' show up (brothers and such) which dregs up all kinds of problems and squabbles, fueds, and fights, like you can find at any Thanksgiving table. That's when they lost me.
I gave it every chance but toward the end I couldn't bear it anymore.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 12:27:40 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #798 on: October 03, 2021, 12:37:50 am »
NetFlix IMPOSTERS is a good show.
It is a little hard to follow though, because as the name says the characters keep changing.
Several times I had to slow down and count, 'OK now he is that guy now, and she is now a blond. Got it.
It is a fun show and worth the time.

Thought IMPOSTERS was excellent.  Pushed 'PAUSE' more than a few times to best appreciate that girl's beauty.  Inbar Lavi. 

Nothing sexual about it.  Just incredibly beautiful.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #799 on: October 03, 2021, 05:23:22 am »
Thought IMPOSTERS was excellent.  Pushed 'PAUSE' more than a few times to best appreciate that girl's beauty.  Inbar Lavi. 

Nothing sexual about it.  Just incredibly beautiful.

@DCPatriot

Right.

Gotcha.

Wife reading over your shoulder,is she?