Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129677 times)

Offline rustynail

Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #750 on: September 20, 2021, 09:34:24 pm »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #751 on: September 21, 2021, 03:55:09 pm »
@Restored
I can't remember what I pay,but with my ROKU and my Amazon Prime connection,I seriously doubt it's 75 bucks a month. Most of the stuff on the ROKU is free (Literally thousands of channels,but most not worth watching),and I do subscribe to Netflix and Brit Box.

The Vizio WatchFree app has The Bob Ross Channel. I have two Weed plants ready to harvest. I'm thinking a serious couch day is in order.

Note: The State Police sent in a chopper to wander around towns to find Weed plants that weren't in compliance. Apparently, they had great success. I am in compliance.
Countdown to Resignation

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #752 on: September 21, 2021, 08:59:34 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvKzPZl3Bds

From MEDICI: The Magnificent

Cosimo is speaking to his brother about the confidence it takes for one to lead People...

After the 'speech', his brother says, "Wasn't it Plato who was put to death for treason?"

Cosimo glances at him...snaps the reins and says, "Socrates!"

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #753 on: September 24, 2021, 11:10:18 pm »
@Gefn

Never heard of any of them? Are they cable shows?
Internet exclusives.

Mare of Easttown is HBO/HBO Max. It's a serial crime drama. Kate Winslet is the star.

Ted Lasso is Apple TV+. It's a sitcom/dramedy. The premise is that the title character, a charismatic college football coach, all of a sudden gets roped into a coaching gig in England for a different kind of football.

Hacks is also HBO Max. I hadn't really heard of it, either, but apparently it's meta-comedy: a comedy/drama about comedians.

Being the cheapskate that I am who doesn't buy TV subscriptions, I haven't see any of them, though I've seen a lot of talking-head buzz about Mare (mainly because of Winslet's apparently dead-on Philly accent) and Ted Lasso.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #754 on: September 24, 2021, 11:49:05 pm »
Internet exclusives.

Mare of Easttown is HBO/HBO Max. It's a serial crime drama. Kate Winslet is the star.

Ted Lasso is Apple TV+. It's a sitcom/dramedy. The premise is that the title character, a charismatic college football coach, all of a sudden gets roped into a coaching gig in England for a different kind of football.

Hacks is also HBO Max. I hadn't really heard of it, either, but apparently it's meta-comedy: a comedy/drama about comedians.

Being the cheapskate that I am who doesn't buy TV subscriptions, I haven't see any of them, though I've seen a lot of talking-head buzz about Mare (mainly because of Winslet's apparently dead-on Philly accent) and Ted Lasso.

@jmyrlefuller

Thanks,I have a HBO sub,so I could probably watch them if there were 48 hours in each day. I barely have the time to watch the shows I already subscribe to now.

The Good/Bad news is I have several favorites,including most of the Walking Deads that die this season,so it will free up some time for new stuff.

DAMMIT!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #755 on: September 25, 2021, 07:27:34 am »
The Wonder Years starts replaying on Hulu this fall. LOVE THE HELL out of this program,which is about kids growing up in America in the 50's.

This was one of the greatest "Family" tv shows in history. Corny as it sounds,I watched it faithfully because it depicted America as it was for many of us,and as it SHOULD have been for ALL of us.

HIGHLY recommended family entertainment.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #756 on: September 25, 2021, 12:14:10 pm »
The Wonder Years starts replaying on Hulu this fall. LOVE THE HELL out of this program,which is about kids growing up in America in the 50's.

This was one of the greatest "Family" tv shows in history. Corny as it sounds,I watched it faithfully because it depicted America as it was for many of us,and as it SHOULD have been for ALL of us.

Is this a repeat of the original show or is this a new, “improved” version?
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #757 on: September 25, 2021, 12:41:42 pm »
Saw a billboard ad meme for "The Rose Tattoo" this morning, starring Burt Lancaster and Anna Magnani.

Vividly recall that our Catholic pastor calling for a 'Condemned' rating. 

I was 9 years old and an altar boy.  Rang the bells, swung the incense...  :laugh:

The following year, Bridget Bardot appeared in "And God Created Woman"...which DID get a Condemned Rating.  You watch it, you die before confession and you burn in hell for all eternity.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #758 on: September 25, 2021, 12:49:26 pm »

Not being a smart ass, but it was growing up in the late '60's.  It peaked my interest then, becasue Kevin/Winnie appeared to be the exact same age as me.

The new version appears to be a pale POS woke black version of the original.  PASS!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #759 on: September 25, 2021, 12:56:12 pm »
Not being a smart ass, but it was growing up in the late '60's.  It peaked my interest then, becasue Kevin/Winnie appeared to be the exact same age as me.

The new version appears to be a pale POS woke black version of the original.  PASS!!!!

Have to agree, here, @catfish1957

Just another blatant act in 'erasing' the White American male from entertainment/commercials.

Today, the beautiful white woman has a Black husband/partner.  If they don't erase him, he's the moron who's too stupid to tie his own shoes.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #760 on: September 25, 2021, 01:46:15 pm »
Saw a billboard ad meme for "The Rose Tattoo" this morning, starring Burt Lancaster and Anna Magnani.

Vividly recall that our Catholic pastor calling for a 'Condemned' rating. 

I was 9 years old and an altar boy.  Rang the bells, swung the incense...  :laugh:

The following year, Bridget Bardot appeared in "And God Created Woman"...which DID get a Condemned Rating.  You watch it, you die before confession and you burn in hell for all eternity.   :whistle:
Brings back memories. I grew up Catholic with a father who carefully looked at the movie ratings by the Legion of Decency in our Catholic newspaper.
I remember going to a James Bond flick "From Russia With Love" with a friend when I was 13. It had been rated B by the LOD.
When I got home and my father found out I had seen a b-rated movie, he went berserk. Now today a movie like FRWL would hardly draw a glance from the puritanical types. No nudity (some well built cuties, of course... James Bond flick), no foul language, and a certain amount of ungory violence.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #761 on: September 25, 2021, 02:17:54 pm »

Today, the beautiful white woman has a Black husband/partner.  If they don't erase him, he's the moron who's too stupid to tie his own shoes.

Maybe, maybe not. Hollyweird thought that was a great idea until black women pushed back on the idea of "If a black man is successful, he should upgrade to a white woman" and they pushed back really hard.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #762 on: September 25, 2021, 02:33:28 pm »
Is this a repeat of the original show or is this a new, “improved” version?

@debrawiest

AFAIK,it is the original that is being rebroadcast.

I'd like to see Malcolm in the Middle come back,too. Mostly so I can see the metrosexual dad that later became "Heisenberg,the hardcore drug dealer" in Breaking Bad.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #763 on: September 25, 2021, 02:35:08 pm »

@catfish1957

Seriolusly? I saw nothing about that in the mention,and since it is being ran on HULU,I assumed it was a replay of the original.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #764 on: September 25, 2021, 02:37:06 pm »
Maybe, maybe not. Hollyweird thought that was a great idea until black women pushed back on the idea of "If a black man is successful, he should upgrade to a white woman" and they pushed back really hard.

@Restored

Gee,I wonder why they would get upset over a minor little thing like that?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #765 on: September 25, 2021, 02:40:02 pm »
@catfish1957

Seriolusly? I saw nothing about that in the mention,and since it is being ran on HULU,I assumed it was a replay of the original.

Well, it sounds like you might be a viewer.  I know better with how Hollywood operates in this era. Let us know how it goes, as I won't be watching.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #766 on: September 25, 2021, 02:43:08 pm »
Well, it sounds like you might be a viewer.  I know better with how Hollywood operates in this era. Let us know how it goes, as I won't be watching.

@catfish1957

With my chemo brain,I'll probably forget about it by the time it airs.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #767 on: September 25, 2021, 03:16:28 pm »

@debrawiest   @catfish1957

Don't waste your time. I just went to HULU and there are advertisements for it there,and it seems like everybody is black.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #768 on: September 25, 2021, 03:17:36 pm »

Don't waste your time. I just went to HULU and there are advertisements for it there,and it seems like everybody is black.

Kind of like Game Show Hosting nowadays.   :cool:

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #769 on: September 25, 2021, 03:23:29 pm »

Just for S & G's a week or two ago, I decided to enumerate black representation in commericals.  Over 65% in a 3 hour period.  Quite a bit for a demographic that makes up 12% of this country.

BassWrangler

« Reply #770 on: September 25, 2021, 04:51:37 pm »
I gave in and resubscribed to Netflix. I am watching the Iron Fist series.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #771 on: September 25, 2021, 10:47:56 pm »
Although I've shied away from big Hollywood films for the last 30 years, tonight (and tomorrow) I'll break down and watch the Spielberg film "War Horse", if only because I scrounged up a good HD copy on the net...

Offline MikePence

« Reply #772 on: September 26, 2021, 01:19:45 am »
I know the man had insane left-wing politics but, he played a darn good superman so, happy 69th birthday to Christopher Reeves! I watched superman 1-4!

Truth, justice and the American way!  :patriot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn_99jfcujA

Best Ever!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 01:30:41 am by MikePence »
I'm a Christian, a conservative and a Republican, in that order.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #773 on: September 26, 2021, 01:39:50 am »
For you Amazon Primers, I watched the entire Orphan Black series.  It stayed good through all five seasons.  The star of the show, Tatiana Maslany, did an awesome job playing 7+ different characters.  My favorite was Helena, but then I have a thing for an Eastern European accent.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #774 on: September 26, 2021, 11:16:35 am »
Star Trek the original series is leaving Netflix on the 30th.

So I’m trying to binge watch it now before it leaves. 

Foundation just dropped on Apple TV.

Sign up for the free week and watch the show. Then cancel. It’s not worth $4.99 a month or $45 for the year. (But you get 3 free months with a purchase of a computer or a phone or iPad)
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️