Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129675 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #700 on: September 08, 2021, 01:04:00 pm »
None for me @Gefn ... But I don't mind hanging off of 165 ft of rope on a 600 ft sheer rock wall... but that's different.

And I ain't fine in planes. Options. It's all about options under failure.
On that rock wall, just as in the plane, gravity rules in the event of failure. Have a rock peel off the wall at the wrong moment, and you are going down (been there, done that, though I was free climbing). In a plane, there is the option, barring catastrophic failure of the airframe, to glide to the crash site instead of just drop in...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #701 on: September 08, 2021, 01:04:31 pm »
Back on topic,the new episodes of MI-5 are as good as ever. I recommend this show to anyone who wants to watch a show about spies that doesn't insult your intelligence with Super Models inch heel karate kicking 400 lb thugs into submission befroe drawing their guns on him.

Yeah,some of the people on the show ARE attractive,and let's just say some are less attractive. All can flat act their asses off,though.
:beer:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #702 on: September 08, 2021, 03:51:10 pm »
On that rock wall, just as in the plane, gravity rules in the event of failure. Have a rock peel off the wall at the wrong moment, and you are going down (been there, done that, though I was free climbing). In a plane, there is the option, barring catastrophic failure of the airframe, to glide to the crash site instead of just drop in...

Well, sorta... Only two pieces of gear are wholly relied upon -- The rope and the harness, which are inspected with precision and vigor at all times. All other aspects involve redundancies. in the case of a rock peeling away, it is likely that I will have pro in the wall outside of the effected area... I will have increased my survival rate over that of a free climber every time I placed pro in that wall.

And in the case of catastrophic failure, I have the somewhat illusory hope of bouncing some, or the option toward some type of self-arrest (which has actually happened to me - angels watch over children and fools...)

There is no such hope at 30,000 ft.

And that is from a boy who rode the zipper 500 ft or more off the ground (4th pitch)... The lasty two pieces of pro held, and my partner on belay had his knife out. So I have pondered this question more than most.  :laugh: :0001:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 03:52:33 pm by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #703 on: September 08, 2021, 03:55:56 pm »
And yes, miracle of miracles, I held my mud.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 03:57:54 pm by roamer_1 »

BassWrangler

« Reply #704 on: September 12, 2021, 12:16:42 am »
Re-watching "Witcher"

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #705 on: September 13, 2021, 02:57:45 am »
And yes, miracle of miracles, I held my mud.  :laugh:
888high58888

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #706 on: September 17, 2021, 06:59:45 am »
I saw where Ben Shipiro (his company) was investing in making movies... Watched "Run Hide Fight" tonight and really liked it.... Language was bad (F and GD) and lots of violence.... but it was a decent movie with a few good conservative references. Could it of been better, yeah (less cursing).... I give it a 7.5 out of 10 (high for me).

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Kamaji

« Reply #707 on: September 17, 2021, 11:48:49 am »
Re-watching "Witcher"

Witcher was pretty cool.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #708 on: September 17, 2021, 03:49:03 pm »
Re-watching "Witcher"

Witcher was pretty cool.

New ones dropping in December I believe... Late fall early winter anyway...

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #709 on: September 17, 2021, 04:32:34 pm »
I am watching (well, sort of half watching. it plays in the background while i'm on video games) the stupidest show which has ever existed on planet Earth. In fact when I describe it, many will think I am joking. But I'm not. That's how far-out it is.

It is a show on NetFlix called 'Lucifer'. It is about the Devil comes to Earth. He opens a nightclub, and joins up with a detective to 'solve crimes'. Yep. The Devil becomes a kind of 'Batman' crime fighting character with supernatural 'powers', by teaming up with a Police detective. It is so incredibly stupid that I just had to watch it.

What I would give to be in on the 'pitch' when someone sold this ridiculous concept to Netflix. Ok, so you're selling us a show where the Devil comes to Earth as a kind of super hero with 'powers' and starts fighting crime with a hot female detective? Sounds Great! I'm in! When do we start filming? LOL!

It is not an animation but even so, I see it as more of a live action comic book than an actual show. The only way you can watch this insanity is to drop any rational thoughts or critique and to just see it as stupid fun.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #710 on: September 17, 2021, 05:35:55 pm »
I am watching (well, sort of half watching. it plays in the background while i'm on video games) the stupidest show which has ever existed on planet Earth. In fact when I describe it, many will think I am joking. But I'm not. That's how far-out it is.

It is a show on NetFlix called 'Lucifer'. It is about the Devil comes to Earth. He opens a nightclub, and joins up with a detective to 'solve crimes'. Yep. The Devil becomes a kind of 'Batman' crime fighting character with supernatural 'powers', by teaming up with a Police detective. It is so incredibly stupid that I just had to watch it.

What I would give to be in on the 'pitch' when someone sold this ridiculous concept to Netflix. Ok, so you're selling us a show where the Devil comes to Earth as a kind of super hero with 'powers' and starts fighting crime with a hot female detective? Sounds Great! I'm in! When do we start filming? LOL!

It is not an animation but even so, I see it as more of a live action comic book than an actual show. The only way you can watch this insanity is to drop any rational thoughts or critique and to just see it as stupid fun.

I watched a part of that.  It was pretty mindless.  The opening segment of the first episode was amusing, however.

Offline MikePence

« Reply #711 on: September 18, 2021, 01:07:11 am »
My family and I are watching    Murder Mystery starring  Adam Sandler it is such a funny film!

I am also watched Superman and Lois on HBO max today! It is such a great show!

« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 01:11:42 am by MikePence »
I'm a Christian, a conservative and a Republican, in that order.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #712 on: September 18, 2021, 03:23:19 am »
I am watching (well, sort of half watching. it plays in the background while i'm on video games) the stupidest show which has ever existed on planet Earth.

@240B

Can't be. The stupidist show on tb is the sitcom where Joe Biden plays President. It,and he,are so mind-knumbling stoopid that I haven't watched a whole episode yet.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #713 on: September 18, 2021, 08:54:40 am »

I’ve been a fan of this show since 16 when it was on Fox. It’s from a comic book type genre by Neil Gaiman. It’s basic premise is The Devil goes on vacation and winds up in LA.
The actor playing Lucifer Tom Ellis, is super hot, and classically trained in Shakespeare. You might have seen him in “Poirot” playing the Inspector.

The whole thing that goes on for all six seasons is a redemption arc with the primary characters and forgiveness. Plus you have a love story about finding true love that is with all the primary characters.

I really enjoy this show, I’m ticked off it ended. I’m not doing it justice, but it has a huge fan base and it gave me hope that anyone can be redeemed.

I know it’s not for everyone, but I really do like this show. I must have seen the entire series at least ten times.

Edit: the actress playing Lucifer’s sidekick Maze , is super hot and wears a lot of black leather. Plus she does a lot of kick ass martial arts moves. Just sayin’
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 08:57:27 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #714 on: September 18, 2021, 08:32:05 pm »
Mrs Joe just set the teevee on Longmire and binged the whole series. It was pretty good, and the rez/off rez interplay was at least written by someone who had a clue.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #715 on: September 18, 2021, 09:48:47 pm »
Tonight (and tomorrow) will watch the 2006 British film, "Children of Men", about a future calamity in which children become nearly extinct... (I think that's what it's about...)

Online roamer_1

« Reply #716 on: September 18, 2021, 11:15:02 pm »
Mrs Joe just set the teevee on Longmire and binged the whole series. It was pretty good, and the rez/off rez interplay was at least written by someone who had a clue.

I am watching it right now... And you're right.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #717 on: September 18, 2021, 11:20:29 pm »

@Smokin Joe

Yup,that IS a "bingeable" series.

Right now that is what I am doing with about 10 seasons of the British spy drama "MI-5". It's kind of frustrating because this show is written for adults with an actual attention span,and you get up to go pour a cup of coffee,by the time you get back  something has happened or somebody said something,and you don't have any idea about WHAT the hell is going on.

Up to season 7 now,so it won't be long before I am going to look for something else "bingeable".

Offline rustynail

« Reply #718 on: September 18, 2021, 11:21:36 pm »
Users Online.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #719 on: September 19, 2021, 12:51:33 am »
@Smokin Joe

Yup,that IS a "bingeable" series.

Right now that is what I am doing with about 10 seasons of the British spy drama "MI-5". It's kind of frustrating because this show is written for adults with an actual attention span,and you get up to go pour a cup of coffee,by the time you get back  something has happened or somebody said something,and you don't have any idea about WHAT the hell is going on.

Up to season 7 now,so it won't be long before I am going to look for something else "bingeable".
One of the beauties about bingeing on demand shows is that I can pause the show, make a sammich, answer nature's call, grab a cuppa, and come back and pick up where I left off, or even rewind a little and dive in again. I have found that element alone to be far superior to cable fare, simply because I'd likely die of old age trying to list all the movies I missed the last 2-5 minutes of because something happened (someone at the door, dog had to go, whatever).

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #720 on: September 19, 2021, 03:30:38 am »
One of the beauties about bingeing on demand shows is that I can pause the show, make a sammich, answer nature's call, grab a cuppa, and come back and pick up where I left off, or even rewind a little and dive in again. I have found that element alone to be far superior to cable fare, simply because I'd likely die of old age trying to list all the movies I missed the last 2-5 minutes of because something happened (someone at the door, dog had to go, whatever).

@Smokin Joe

I gotta admit,those pause and rewind buttons are a couple of the 20th Century's most amazing creations.

Now that I have a few years on me,I am kinda fond of the closed caption button,too!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #721 on: September 19, 2021, 10:18:44 pm »
Talking about this 'Lucifer' anomaly, the Devil becomes Batman with a hot female detective. As the thing wears on, it becomes more like a 'Friends' type show. Where all of the male characters have sex at one time or another with every female character. For me and my mentality, I say OK. Do what you do. Just leave me out. No desire for STDs.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #722 on: September 19, 2021, 10:53:44 pm »
Sneakypete mentions:
"Now that I have a few years on me,I am kinda fond of the closed caption button,too!"

I'm gettin' to be the same way.

Saturday/Sunday are "movie nights".
Not on the tv -- but on my 27" display with headphones.
However...
I'm finding that (especially with British films, and due to the fact that modern moviemaking tends to "submerge" spoken dialog into ambient sounds) I often have subtitles "on".
It's not that I'm missing all the dialog. But... I do find subtle comments getting "mushier".
The subtitles help...!

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #723 on: September 19, 2021, 11:48:59 pm »

We loved Longmire! Will probably rewatch it this winter.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #724 on: September 19, 2021, 11:55:49 pm »
We bought a 65" TV today and do streaming with Hulu, Paramount, Disney, ESPN and PBS. I don't watch TV but my wife has been bingeing Perry Mason and Hawaii Five 0. I finally talked her into The Mandalorian.
Countdown to Resignation