Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129673 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #625 on: August 05, 2021, 01:27:56 am »
@Smokin Joe

I stand corrected.
IIRC, they lost some 79 episodes that way of the 4th and 5th seasons. Pity. Still, one of my all-time favorite shows, and one I recall watching with my Grandmother. (She liked The Wild Wild West, too)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #626 on: August 05, 2021, 02:04:49 am »
re-watching FireFly now and then the Serenity movie.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #627 on: August 05, 2021, 02:20:14 am »
I have been rewatching The Sopranos, one episode each week, and then listening to the corresponding podcast on The Talking Sopranos.  They are up to Season 6 Episode 4.  That is over a year and a half.  This is something that has kept me going through the pandemic, and kept the time moving through many workouts.

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #628 on: August 05, 2021, 10:24:32 am »
I have been rewatching The Sopranos, one episode each week, and then listening to the corresponding podcast on The Talking Sopranos.  They are up to Season 6 Episode 4.  That is over a year and a half.  This is something that has kept me going through the pandemic, and kept the time moving through many workouts.

I can’t wait for The Sopranos prequel movie, which comes out I believe in October.

Law and Order would be in my top ten shows, love Lennie Briscoe. Really liked Criminal Intent until the 6th season, but it got good again in the 10th. Not a fan of SVU. Some of the stories kind of triggered me, or just made me uncomfortable and gave me nightmares.

Edit: here’s a review of the upcoming Sopranos movie.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-04/many-saints-of-newark-review-hbo-nails-tony-soprano-prequel
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 11:38:07 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #629 on: August 05, 2021, 10:31:35 am »
I started watching “Star Trek Picard” last night and binged seven episodes.

I’m really enjoying it, and I’m putting it out there- Seven of Nine looks better now than on Voyager. IMHO.

I’d really like to start watching “Discovery”, but I don’t know anyone in real life who has seen it. Has anyone here seen it?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #630 on: August 05, 2021, 01:10:02 pm »
I started watching “Star Trek Picard” last night and binged seven episodes.

I’m really enjoying it, and I’m putting it out there- Seven of Nine looks better now than on Voyager. IMHO.

I’d really like to start watching “Discovery”, but I don’t know anyone in real life who has seen it. Has anyone here seen it?

I'm a huge Trek fan, but got advanced warning that they have taken this thing into "Wokeness" Warp 10.

Pass.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #631 on: August 05, 2021, 02:59:07 pm »
I can’t wait for The Sopranos prequel movie, which comes out I believe in October.

Law and Order would be in my top ten shows, love Lennie Briscoe. Really liked Criminal Intent until the 6th season, but it got good again in the 10th. Not a fan of SVU. Some of the stories kind of triggered me, or just made me uncomfortable and gave me nightmares.

Edit: here’s a review of the upcoming Sopranos movie.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-04/many-saints-of-newark-review-hbo-nails-tony-soprano-prequel

I am also looking forward to this.  Thanks for the link.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #632 on: August 09, 2021, 07:06:23 pm »
"OKAY!  OKAY!  OKAY!!!" ...  Leo Getz

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hit and Run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-J-Dn4ltto

Premiering Friday, August 6 on Netflix, Hit & Run follows a man, Segev Azulai, who travels from Tel Aviv to New York to investigate his wife’s mysterious death. Grief-stricken and confused, he searches for his wife’s killers with the help of an ex-lover.

Co-created and starring Lior Raz (Fauda), the series also features Kaelen Ohm, Lior Ashkenazi, Sanaa Lathan, Neta Orbach, Will Swenson, and Gregg Henry. If you’re looking for a review of Hit & Run,

Decider’s Joel Keller gave the series a “stream it” recommendation, writing that the show boasts a “fine international cast, an interesting premise, and opens up a lot of story avenues without confusing the viewer.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I became a huge fan of Lior Raz after watching him in FAUDA.

...and so will you!

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

BassWrangler

« Reply #633 on: August 09, 2021, 07:34:29 pm »
I'm watching "Farscape" on Amazon Prime. It's kind of a combination of Star Trek and Serenity. Very enjoyable.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #634 on: August 09, 2021, 07:53:18 pm »
Watching 'Travellers' on NetFlix. I'm enjoying it. You have pay attention to follow the show, but it is nice.
Roughly, it is about a bunch of people from the future who travel to the past to prevent a destructive calamity.
Although it is a hackneyed plot, it is well done and very watchable.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #635 on: August 09, 2021, 09:07:21 pm »
The end of a free nation and my way of life.  It is on all channels.

LOL!   :laugh:

I believe this entire thread is about recommending something to ESCAPE what you describe.

One thousand years from now, they'll write that we watched NETFLIX while our Republic disintegrated.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #636 on: August 09, 2021, 10:25:10 pm »
This past weekend, watched the 1954 "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea" with James Mason and Kirk Douglass. Still looks good after all the years...

Coming up for next weekend (or the one after):
"Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea"...

BassWrangler

« Reply #637 on: August 10, 2021, 06:50:07 am »
"OKAY!  OKAY!  OKAY!!!" ...  Leo Getz

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hit and Run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-J-Dn4ltto

Premiering Friday, August 6 on Netflix, Hit & Run follows a man, Segev Azulai, who travels from Tel Aviv to New York to investigate his wife’s mysterious death. Grief-stricken and confused, he searches for his wife’s killers with the help of an ex-lover.

Co-created and starring Lior Raz (Fauda), the series also features Kaelen Ohm, Lior Ashkenazi, Sanaa Lathan, Neta Orbach, Will Swenson, and Gregg Henry. If you’re looking for a review of Hit & Run,

Decider’s Joel Keller gave the series a “stream it” recommendation, writing that the show boasts a “fine international cast, an interesting premise, and opens up a lot of story avenues without confusing the viewer.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I became a huge fan of Lior Raz after watching him in FAUDA.

...and so will you!

I really like Lior Raz and Faudu and a few other things he's done (like Operation Finale). I might have to sign up for Netflix for a month or two to watch that one.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #638 on: August 10, 2021, 07:47:56 am »
Another season of Doc Martin...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #639 on: August 11, 2021, 10:51:55 pm »
I really like Lior Raz and Faudu and a few other things he's done (like Operation Finale). I might have to sign up for Netflix for a month or two to watch that one.

@BassWrangler

After your post, and finishing the series, I went back and started FAUDA again.

It's been long enough time that I had been able to enjoy it like it was the first time.

NOTE:  Choose the ENGLISH with subtitles option:  The Israeli actors are dubbed in English.  The Arab/Hamas/Palestinian actors speak Arabic and you need the English subtitles.  Perfectly synced, which is everything.

Have an old friend who I've grown apart from who is the spitting image of Lior Raz.  Even down to the wardrobe.   :laugh:

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #640 on: August 11, 2021, 11:18:59 pm »

I never had NetFlix. When I signed up years ago, all they had were old movies I had already seen or movies I had no interest.
Just signed up a month ago and now it is what I watch most, well, a lot of the time. They really have some wicked shows, man.
Now I have Prime/Hulu/NetFlix/RoKu plus just basic cable. My TV is an endless portal to anything I can imagine.

All I have to do is to think of anything, from any time, that I may want to watch. And in seconds, it is on my television.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #641 on: August 12, 2021, 01:57:41 am »
I never had NetFlix. When I signed up years ago, all they had were old movies I had already seen or movies I had no interest.
Just signed up a month ago and now it is what I watch most, well, a lot of the time. They really have some wicked shows, man.
Now I have Prime/Hulu/NetFlix/RoKu plus just basic cable. My TV is an endless portal to anything I can imagine.

All I have to do is to think of anything, from any time, that I may want to watch. And in seconds, it is on my television.

@240B

Why do you still have basic cable if you have a ROKU? Get a $45 RCA (made in America) antenna and pull in the local shows for free.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #642 on: August 15, 2021, 11:02:52 pm »
I am embarking upon a Fringe binge thanks to you fellers  :beer:
 :yowsa:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #643 on: August 21, 2021, 09:18:43 pm »
ROTFLMAO!  STUBER - David Bautista and Kumail Nanjiani   https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7734218/

Hilarious!   Stu...and UBER driver will do just about anything for 5 star rating as he and an undercover cop who can see due to laser surgery try to catch a drug kingpin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGMD0Ch74wA

« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 09:19:33 pm by DCPatriot »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #644 on: August 21, 2021, 10:15:23 pm »
Tonight and tomorrow night (if the hurricane that's headed this way doesn't interrupt my plans) I'll be watching the 1961 film "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea".

I need some diversion from "too much reality" as of late...

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #645 on: August 21, 2021, 10:33:05 pm »
Tonight and tomorrow night (if the hurricane that's headed this way doesn't interrupt my plans) I'll be watching the 1961 film "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea".

I need some diversion from "too much reality" as of late...

@Fishrrman

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #646 on: August 26, 2021, 07:55:19 pm »
Watched the new episodes of MANIFEST on Netflix.

The casting this year is just awful.  Anybody believe that Jared would hook up with that plain-Jane is on crack.

And then there's "Angelina".  Gotta be a case of nepotism going on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpPDwHeQCcQ

Online corbe

« Reply #647 on: August 27, 2021, 07:42:15 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #648 on: August 27, 2021, 08:29:18 pm »
Watched the new episodes of MANIFEST on Netflix.

The casting this year is just awful.  Anybody believe that Jared would hook up with that plain-Jane is on crack.

And then there's "Angelina".  Gotta be a case of nepotism going on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpPDwHeQCcQ

When I found out NBC cancelled the show without answering any questions or resolving plot lines, I stopped streaming immediately. (Midway through Season 2)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #649 on: August 28, 2021, 11:58:21 am »

https://youtu.be/9MoeVr3WrUg
Our Government does not abide by the rules laid out for it in the Constitution now.

The Executive branch is legislating, as does SCOTUS and lower courts,

The Legislature is busy playing Perry Mason,

The judicial branch wouldn't prosecute anyone not on their list, and those who are are treated like political prisoners in the Gulag, and worse.

So, as I understand the situation, making another set of rules will not solve the problem, simply because the ones we have are ignored wholesale by people sworn to protect and defend those rules from all enemies...(except themselves, apparently).

There is almost nothing wrong with the set of rules we have.

The problem is the people, elected and appointed, and the gray bureaucratic leviathan that underlies that film of white stuff on top of the rest of the chickenshit.

We're running out of boxes, though.

Thoughts penned by a better writer than I:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

We have a framework, the pinnacle of governance, which with a few changes from its original form (some good, some not) persists to this day, at least in theory.

What we need are people to enforce and abide by it.

C S Lewis