Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129899 times)

Offline rustynail

Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #525 on: June 25, 2021, 11:32:00 pm »
Watching Make a Wish foundation deny a wish to unvaccinated children

https://twitter.com/i/status/1407964106653536256

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #526 on: June 25, 2021, 11:35:54 pm »
Watching Make a Wish foundation deny a wish to unvaccinated children

https://twitter.com/i/status/1407964106653536256

@rustynail

WHAT?????

HTH is this is this even possible?

It CAN'T be legal.

It is times like this I wish I were a lawyer so I could jump in and pin their asses to the wall while making them lose their tax-free charter.

This really,REALLY pisses me off.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline rustynail

« Reply #527 on: June 25, 2021, 11:59:26 pm »
"This really,REALLY pisses me off."   Same here and I do not like the looks of that fellow either.

BassWrangler

« Reply #528 on: June 26, 2021, 01:18:41 am »
@BassWrangler

I am not going to argue with you about this,but I honestly didn't even notice.

Well, if nothing else Clare Danes is nice to look at.

I've started watching "The Expanse" on Amazon Prime. I watched the first season and part of the second before Amazon acquired it, so I'm just picking up where I left off.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #529 on: June 26, 2021, 01:53:01 am »
Well, if nothing else Clare Danes is nice to look at.

She is also a very gifted actress. I forget his name now,but the redheaded Englishman that is her co-star is one hell of a fine actor,too.
I've started watching "The Expanse" on Amazon Prime. I watched the first season and part of the second before Amazon acquired it, so I'm just picking up where I left off.

I THINK I have watched that too,but it was back in the early days of my chemo,so i wouldn't be money on what I think being in the same solar system as actual fact.

Chemo will make you "DUM" dumb.  I used to half-joke that it was a good thing my truck had the system (forgot what it is named AS I was getting ready to type it!). Ok,it just popped back into my head. On Star. I used to tell people it was a good thing my truck had On Star so I could get back home if I forgot how to get there.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #530 on: June 27, 2021, 11:10:13 am »
I started watching "Mare of Easttown" with Kate Winslet as a grizzled detective in a Philadelphia suburban working class town. It's pretty good.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #531 on: June 27, 2021, 11:19:52 am »
I started watching "Mare of Easttown" with Kate Winslet as a grizzled detective in a Philadelphia suburban working class town. It's pretty good.I

Mrs. Lando and I watched the series. It was some of the best television we’ve seen in years. Excellent.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #532 on: June 27, 2021, 11:26:10 am »
BTW… just give Kate Winslet the Emmy now.
John Steinbeck

BassWrangler

« Reply #533 on: June 27, 2021, 11:31:33 am »
She is also a very gifted actress. I forget his name now,but the redheaded Englishman that is her co-star is one hell of a fine actor,too.
I THINK I have watched that too,but it was back in the early days of my chemo,so i wouldn't be money on what I think being in the same solar system as actual fact.

Chemo will make you "DUM" dumb.  I used to half-joke that it was a good thing my truck had the system (forgot what it is named AS I was getting ready to type it!). Ok,it just popped back into my head. On Star. I used to tell people it was a good thing my truck had On Star so I could get back home if I forgot how to get there.

I never knew that about the chemo. Hopefully that chemo is doing its job.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #534 on: June 27, 2021, 11:42:02 am »
I don’t have HBO, but I can’t wait for “Mare of Eastown” to come out on DVD. I can purchase the streaming version on either Amazon or iTunes format.

I started watching a show last week which I’m really enjoying. “Kevin can F*** himself” starring Annie Murphy from “Schitt’s Creek.”

Im really enjoying it.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #535 on: June 27, 2021, 12:14:27 pm »
wrote a long piece describing everything,hit the wrong key,and it all disappeared.

I will try to repeat it after I take my morning med and have eaten breakfast IF I can find this thread again.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #536 on: June 27, 2021, 12:17:38 pm »
wrote a long piece describing everything,hit the wrong key,and it all disappeared.

I will try to repeat it after I take my morning med and have eaten breakfast IF I can find this thread again.

@sneakypete i get it. I haven’t had my first cup of coffee yet either, and no idea what to have for breakfast. I haven’t even brushed my teeth yet! Eww!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #537 on: June 27, 2021, 01:14:08 pm »
BTW… just give Kate Winslet the Emmy now.

She does a great job here, for sure.  She's so unglamorous you completely forget it's Kate Winslet.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #538 on: June 27, 2021, 02:34:32 pm »
I never knew that about the chemo. Hopefully that chemo is doing its job.

@BassWrangler

The emphasis in bold is MINE,not BassWranglers. I highlighted it in order to help explain why I am posting this in so much detail.

The background here is I am an Agent Orange Veteran that was actually medievaced from VN during my 2nd tour with MACV-SOG due to what are today recognized as being the symptoms of Agent Orange exposure.

My symptoms were so severe that I couldn't wear web gear,a rucksack,or a parachute,so I was forced to leave Special Forces,and spend the last few months of my second enlistment in a non-airborne assignment at Ft Bragg,where none of the above were necessary. I hated it and almost everybody in it (petty little dictators,one and all,who seemed to exist to make life hard on anyone they outranked) to the point that when they offered me a promotion if I were willing to reenlist,I told them to stuff it where the sun doesn't shine. I joined the army to be a soldier,not a babysitter,and not a prison guard.

BTW,I have read that exposure to the weed killer "Round Up" creates similar,if not identical problems.

Ok,here we go.

I was given an appointment at the local hospital to have a PET Scan taken. The results indicated I have Stage 4 Lymphoma,and that it is incurable.

My cancer doc told me that with chemo and radiation treatment there was a good chance I might be able to live a reasonably comfortable life for maybe 5 years before it started "getting bad,and once it does we have these little pills we can give you that will help you deal with it".

So off I go to chemo and radiation. To be honest,I don't even remember the radiation,but the chemo flat out kicked my ass. I ended up with an attention span of MAYBE 5 minutes. I still had good recall on everything that had happened prior to chemo,but post-chemo I was practically a vegetable.

I actually used to joke it was a good thing I had a new truck because it had a GPS in it with a memory and I could always use it to get home if I forget where I live. Truth to tell,I wasn't so sure I was joking.

It has probably been a year since that happened,but I am not good with time anymore.

What I do know is that I had several PET scans with the results indicating it wasn't getting any worse,and then I went to see my cancer doc to get a report on the latest PET Scan,and she told me it showed no evidence of cancer at all.

As in NONE.

She didn't trust this and neither did I,so I was sent for another PET Scan to see what it would tell.

It also came back negative for cancer.

I am now taking a PET Scan every 3 months instead of once a month.

The way *I* understand these things is that you MUST test out as being cancer free for 5 years before they declare you are cured,which bothers me not at all as long as the PET Scan results look good every 3 months.

My memory is starting to get a LITTLE better,which is a huge relief. It has now improved to the point where I am able to start reading books again. Had to quit reading for almost a year due to an attention span so severe I would forget what I had read on Page 1 before I could finish Page 2. This is HUGE in my opinion. It means I MIGHT be able to get back most of what I lost after some time passes. I sure hope so!

Any of you who think my posts indicate I am not all THAT scatter brained need to stop and I consider I have "spell check". Without that most of them would be unreadable.

The main point most of you who read this need to take note of is NOT how bad things were for me over the last 1+ years,but the FACT that I am getting better after being diagnosed with a form of "incurable cancer".

Soooo,those of you who are now suffering from some form of cancer,take hope. If a beat up geezer like me can seem to recover,and I am DEFINITELY better than I was,if not "recovered",from what has been diagnosed as "incurable Stage  4 cancer",there IS hope for all of you.

PLEASE take that to your heart and do NOT give up!

NEVER GIVE UP ON HOPE!

NEVER!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 05:07:19 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #539 on: June 27, 2021, 02:50:51 pm »
@sneakypete

You are a TBR treasure ‘pete.
John Steinbeck

BassWrangler

« Reply #540 on: June 27, 2021, 02:55:10 pm »
@BassWrangler

The emphasis in bold is MINE,not BassWranglers. I highlighted it in order to help explain why I am posting this in so much detail.

The background here is I am an Agent Orange Veteran that was actually medievaced from VN during my 2nd tour with MACV-SOG due to what are today recognized as being the symptoms of Agent Orange exposure.

My symptoms were so severe that I couldn't wear web gear,a rucksack,or a parachute,so I was forced to leave Special Forces,and spend the last few months of my second enlistment in a non-airborne assignment at Ft Bragg,where none of the above were necessary. I hated it and almost everybody in it (petty little dictators,one and all,who seemed to exist to make life hard on anyone they outranked) to the point that when they offered me a promotion if I were willing to reenlist,I told them to stuff it where the sun doesn't shine. I joined the army to be a soldier,not a babysitter,and not a prison guard.

BTW,I have read that exposure to the weed killer "Round Up" creates similar,if not identical problems.

Ok,here we go.

I was given an appointment at the local hospital to have a PET Scan taken. The results indicated I have Stage 4 Lymphoma,and that it is incurable.

My cancer doc told me that with chemo and radiation treatment there was a good chance I might be able to live a reasonably comfortable life for maybe 5 years before it started "getting bad,and once it does we have these little pills we can give you that will help you deal with it".

So off I go to chemo and radiation. To be honest,I don't even remember the radiation,but the chemo flat out kicked my ass. I ended up with an attention span of MAYBE 5 minutes. I still had good recall on everything that had happened prior to chemo,but post-chemo I was practically a vegetable.

I actually used to joke it was a good thing I had a new truck because it had a GPS in it with a memory and I could always use it to get home if I forget where I live. Truth to tell,I wasn't so sure I was joking.

It has probably been a year since that happened,but I am not good with time anymore.

What I do know is that I had several PET scans with the results indicating it wasn't getting any worse,and then I went to see my cancer doc to get a report on the latest PET Scan,and she told me it showed no evidence of cancer at all.

As in NONE.

She didn't trust this and neither did I,so I was sent for another PET Scan to see what it would tell.

It also came back negative for cancer.

I am now taking a PET Scan every 3 months instead of once a month.

The way *I* understand these things is that you MUST test out as being cancer free for 5 years before they declare you are cured,which bothers me not at all as long as the PET Scan results look good every 3 months.

My memory is starting to get a LITTLE better,which is a huge relief. It has now improved to the point where I am able to start reading books again. Had to quit reading for almost a year due to an attention span so severe I would forget what I had read on Page 1 before I could finish Page 2. This is HUGE in my opinion. It means I MIGHT be able to get back most of what I lost after some time passes. I sure hope so!

Any of you who think my posts indicate I am not all THAT scatter brained need to stop and I consider I have "spell check". Without that most of them would be unreadable.

The main point most of you who read this need to take note of is NOT how bad things were for me over the last 1+ years,but the FACT that I am getting better after being diagnosed with a form of "incurable cancer".

Soooo,those of you who are now suffering from some form of cancer,take hope. If a beat up geezer like me can seem to recover,and I am DEFINITELY better than I was,if not "recovered",from what has been diagnosed as "incurable Stage cancer",there IS hope for all of you.

PLEASE take that to your heart and do NOT give up!

NEVER GIVE UP ON HOPE!

NEVER!

@sneakypete
Wow, will be praying for your continued kicking of cancers ass! I knew you had some serious medical issue, but didn't know it was stage 4 lymphoma.

Hope to see you hear posting for many years to come. And FWIW, I don't find anything abnormal about your posts - wouldn't have known about the attention issues.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #541 on: June 27, 2021, 03:09:00 pm »
@sneakypete

So happy to read this... 44444heart
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #542 on: June 27, 2021, 03:31:38 pm »
That's good news, sneaks!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #543 on: June 27, 2021, 05:11:38 pm »

@Victoria   @mystery-ak

DAMN you,VICTORIA! You asked me about this stuff back  channel and promised to keep it private,not broadcast it across the internet,where it never dissapears.

Point number 1.  The book is NOT about me!

I am only a minor character in it. The book is about the Medal of Honor Winner who wrote the book,and just HAPPENS to mention me in it because we were friends,and we ran a couple of missions together.

Myst,will you PLEASE delete her post above before more people get the idea that I am stealing the glory of the man who truly earned it?

This is a personal point of honor for me.

This seriously pisses me off. I can only beg that any of you who read what Victoria wrote PLEASE NOT pass it on to anyone else because it is WRONG!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 05:25:59 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #544 on: June 28, 2021, 11:39:01 am »
Pete, your news made me so happy. I hope you’re around for a long time, I really enjoy your wit and wisdom.  99balloon

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #545 on: June 28, 2021, 05:39:14 pm »
Pete, your news made me so happy. I hope you’re around for a long time, I really enjoy your wit and wisdom.  99balloon

@Gefn

Thank you and all the other well-wishers.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #546 on: June 28, 2021, 05:41:29 pm »
 I just got through watching "Broadchurch" from BBC on Netflix/my Roku.

It is also being streamed from several other sources,but I have a Netflix account and it is free on Netflix.

Murder mystery in semi-rural England,and not a single damn car chase,shoot out,or super model in sight.

These people entertain you be writing good scripts and hiring good actors.

Imagine that!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 05:43:17 pm by sneakypete »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #547 on: June 28, 2021, 06:28:59 pm »
I just got through watching "Broadchurch" from BBC on Netflix/my Roku.

It is also being streamed from several other sources,but I have a Netflix account and it is free on Netflix.

Murder mystery in semi-rural England,and not a single damn car chase,shoot out,or super model in sight.

These people entertain you be writing good scripts and hiring good actors.

Imagine that!

Just a thought...  I am noticing that Netflix/Amazon is nixxing many BBC shows so that their watching audience will view more "woke" alternatives.  Just a few weeks ago Prime zapped, and made pay for watch "Time Team" which was a great show for anyone who has interest in archeology.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #548 on: June 28, 2021, 11:53:49 pm »
Just a thought...  I am noticing that Netflix/Amazon is nixxing many BBC shows so that their watching audience will view more "woke" alternatives.  Just a few weeks ago Prime zapped, and made pay for watch "Time Team" which was a great show for anyone who has interest in archeology.

There is always Brit Box,BBC,or even PBS.

The best bet is to buy a ROKU player and avoid the 3rd party suppliers entirely by going directly to the sources.

BBC is free,and I pay $7.46 per month to view everything on Brit Box. BBC is the place for drama,and Brit Box is the place for everything else.

BTW,maybe the funniest damn program I have almost seen is now playing on HULU. It is titled "Inside Number 9",which has to be THE worse series title in history,but it is freaking hysterical.

I wrong "I have ALMOST seen" because I have tried to watch Season 1,Episode 1 three times now,and have had to quit all three times because I was laughing so hard I was losing my breath,and I live alone. I was/am seriously afraid I might die from lack of oxygen if I try to watch it by myself again. Episode 1 is a 1 hour show,and so far I have managed to watch maybe 20 minutes of it,and it took me over 3 hours to do that because I kept losing my breath and had to turn it off.

AND this is episode 1 Season 1,of 6 Seasons

So far,there is almost no dialogue. Two burglars are trying to steal a painting from a mansion that seems to be teeming with people. It is the circumstances and their facial expressions and body language that is so hysterical.

Think "Peter Sellers on steroids".

First chance I get to have a friend come over and watch it with me,I AM going to finish Episode 1 ,and at least take a quick look at episode 2.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 01:21:29 am by sneakypete »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #549 on: June 29, 2021, 12:26:21 am »
Peter Sellers on steroids? You just sold me on this show @sneakypete

Btw, every December Hulu runs a special for new subscribers. $1.99 a month for a year. Best Buy ever, I did this last December, and I’m happy with Hulu even though I watch Netflix more.