Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129850 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #225 on: February 07, 2021, 12:21:57 am »
For those of you who enjoy well-written and well-acted crime dramas,check out "Bosch".

I happen to be watching it on Amazon Prime,but it's available all over the place. Search your subscription sites,and chances are you will find it.

I am watching Season 6 right now,and each season is dedicated to one crime.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #226 on: February 10, 2021, 01:48:38 pm »
Resident Alien on Syfy.

Great science fiction dramedy. I got hooked with the first episode. The third is on tonight.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #227 on: February 10, 2021, 03:37:46 pm »
Resident Alien on Syfy.

Great science fiction dramedy. I got hooked with the first episode. The third is on tonight.

@Gefn

Thanks for the tip!

Just found it for free on the USA network on my Roku,and getting ready to watch the pilot.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 03:40:32 pm by sneakypete »

Offline verga

« Reply #228 on: February 10, 2021, 04:26:19 pm »
Resident Alien on Syfy.

Loved both episodes.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #229 on: February 10, 2021, 08:39:39 pm »
Loved both episodes.

@verga, I’m so glad someone else is watching. I can’t wait til tonight’s episode.

@sneakypete i hope you like it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #230 on: February 11, 2021, 12:02:06 am »
@verga, I’m so glad someone else is watching. I can’t wait til tonight’s episode.

@sneakypete i hope you like it.

@Gefn

I started to watch Episode 2 when I stopped to check my emails,and so far,so good. Episode 3 is already playing on the USA network,so I will watch it tonight.

Seems good so far.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #231 on: February 11, 2021, 03:55:12 am »
Decided to stop and re-watch FIRST BLOOD... John J. Rambo's first of the trilogy.

I love the tension, the music.  Brian Dennehy is over-the-top as the Sheriff.

Very underrated flim, IMHO.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline verga

« Reply #232 on: February 13, 2021, 04:19:56 pm »
Resident Alien on SyFy. Dramedy about an alien stranded on earth. He takes over the body/ identity of a Doctor and is investigating the death of the local Doctor. Kind of a Dark/ Black Comedy. Solid writing and good characters.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #233 on: February 18, 2021, 01:06:01 am »
Big Sky on ABC. If you ain't been watching it,you have been missing out. GREAT crime drama. Good acting,good scripts,good everything.

My only complaint is the two supermodel stand-ins that play the private detectives,but we all know that is formula on broadcast tv,and truth to tell,is no reflection on their acting abilities. They are excellent actresses,but "perfect everything" kinda gets in the way of accepting what you are seeing as reality. I am not believing there are two private detectives in the whole country that look and dress like that,never mind in the same small rural town.

Oh,well. As I said,broadcast tv.

Anyhow,other than that minor distraction,it is a GREAT series. Since if you haven't been watching it you have missed the first 9 episodes,but this is no problem if you have access to streaming video. All 9 episodes are available for free on HULU if you are a subscriber,and on the ABC web channel if you aren't. Yes,Martha,ABC has a streaming channel.

OR.....,if you are a subscriber to VUDU,Amazon Prime,or Fandango,it is also free there.

Binge on the first 9 episodes,and you will be caught up by the time episode 10 plays Tuesday night.

It's really rare to find something this good on broadcast tv,so you should give it a look.

Yes,there WILL be commercials. So what? They give you a chance to visit the bathroom or get a cup of coffee.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #234 on: February 19, 2021, 03:39:21 am »
Yeah,it's over an hour,but the time you spend watching and listening to it may be the best hour + of your life. This is truly something special.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #235 on: February 19, 2021, 04:28:34 am »
Yeah,it's over an hour,but the time you spend watching and listening to it may be the best hour + of your life. This is truly something special.

Never suspected you as PF fan Pete.  Have always said that these 4 bands (Rush, ELP, Yes, and Pink Floyd) collecitvely have more musical talent than the rest rock music combined.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #236 on: February 19, 2021, 04:38:52 am »
Never suspected you as PF fan Pete. Have always said that these 4 bands (Rush, ELP, Yes, and Pink Floyd) collecitvely have more musical talent than the rest rock music combined.

@catfish1957

Why? You have to know I freaking LOVE da blues,and Pink Floyd is nothing less than Blues from the 25th Century.

Check out the Lili Haydn cover of Maggot Brain I just posted on the what are you listening to thread. Ever heard "WAH WAH" violin?

Offline verga

« Reply #237 on: February 19, 2021, 05:36:08 am »
Big Sky on ABC. If you ain't been watching it,you have been missing out. GREAT crime drama. Good acting,good scripts,good everything.

My only complaint is the two supermodel stand-ins that play the private detectives,but we all know that is formula on broadcast tv,and truth to tell,is no reflection on their acting abilities. They are excellent actresses,but "perfect everything" kinda gets in the way of accepting what you are seeing as reality. I am not believing there are two private detectives in the whole country that look and dress like that,never mind in the same small rural town.

Oh,well. As I said,broadcast tv.

Anyhow,other than that minor distraction,it is a GREAT series. Since if you haven't been watching it you have missed the first 9 episodes,but this is no problem if you have access to streaming video. All 9 episodes are available for free on HULU if you are a subscriber,and on the ABC web channel if you aren't. Yes,Martha,ABC has a streaming channel.

OR.....,if you are a subscriber to VUDU,Amazon Prime,or Fandango,it is also free there.

Binge on the first 9 episodes,and you will be caught up by the time episode 10 plays Tuesday night.

It's really rare to find something this good on broadcast tv,so you should give it a look.

Yes,there WILL be commercials. So what? They give you a chance to visit the bathroom or get a cup of coffee.
Just watched the first episode, LOVE IT.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #238 on: February 19, 2021, 08:41:37 am »
Just watched the first episode, LOVE IT.

@verga

Glad to hear it. It gets better from here on.

Offline verga

« Reply #239 on: February 19, 2021, 01:16:40 pm »
@verga

Glad to hear it. It gets better from here on.
No spoiler, but the last scene was a total Mind fornicate.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #240 on: February 21, 2021, 06:48:12 am »
Impractical Jokers on TruTV.  One episode after another today, and I have been rolling on the floor.  Never saw this show before.  They have some very funny segments.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #241 on: February 21, 2021, 06:53:20 am »
No spoiler, but the last scene was a total Mind fornicate.

@verga

If I liked predictable,I'd watch sitcoms.

BassWrangler

« Reply #242 on: February 23, 2021, 03:06:04 am »
Watching "His Dark Materials" on HBOmax.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #243 on: February 23, 2021, 02:29:59 pm »
Watching "His Dark Materials" on HBOmax.

@BassWrangler

So,tell us about it.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #244 on: February 23, 2021, 03:35:51 pm »
Watched the 'new' Rosamund Pike movie on Netflix, "I CARE A LOT".

Story about a basically amoral woman who uses the law to become State Wards or elderly senior citizens, robbing them of all their assets/freedom...until she meets people crazier and bolder than her.

Not surprised that her character was lesbian...given that it's Netflix and the Obamas and Jarretts behind it.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

BassWrangler

« Reply #245 on: February 23, 2021, 04:07:21 pm »
@BassWrangler

So,tell us about it.

It's in the Fantasy genre, based on books by Philip Pullman. The protagonist is a young girl. She lives in a world in which people's souls reside not within their bodies, but in a familiar type creature (called "daemons" in the series, which I'm not a big fan of, but other than the name there's nothing evil about them).  It is discovered that there are multiple universes and a way to travel between them. Then it turns into an adventure in which she is crossing between several of these universes pursuing the usual "fate of the universe" goal.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #246 on: February 23, 2021, 04:32:44 pm »
It's in the Fantasy genre, based on books by Philip Pullman. The protagonist is a young girl. She lives in a world in which people's souls reside not within their bodies, but in a familiar type creature (called "daemons" in the series, which I'm not a big fan of, but other than the name there's nothing evil about them).  It is discovered that there are multiple universes and a way to travel between them. Then it turns into an adventure in which she is crossing between several of these universes pursuing the usual "fate of the universe" goal.

@BassWrangler

Sounds interesting.

Thanks!

BTW,that HAS to be the absolutely worse title for a series I have ever seen. Sounds like it is a search through the sock drawer of a child molester.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 04:38:13 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #247 on: February 23, 2021, 05:04:01 pm »
One of my favorite series to watch comes on NBC (new episodes) and local channel 49 for re-runs I have never seen.

It is Law and Order,SVU. The SVU stands for Special Victims Unit,which translates into rape,child abuse,etc,etc,etc,

First class acting by all involved except for the rap retard,who has all the emotional range of someone that has been dead for several years. He was obviously added to the cast to pull in black viewers. I think he does the best he can do,but that ain't saying much.

It is a gift from heaven for the guest starts that play the victims and the witnesses,because it gives them a chance to strut their stuff on prime time,and maybe help their careers,and there is some seriously good acting going on. There is even the occasional guest star who will surprise you to see them take minor roles.

Good stuff,each drama ends in 1 hour,and it's free. That's a hard trio to beat.

BassWrangler

« Reply #248 on: February 23, 2021, 05:59:36 pm »
@BassWrangler

Sounds interesting.

Thanks!

BTW,that HAS to be the absolutely worse title for a series I have ever seen. Sounds like it is a search through the sock drawer of a child molester.

Yeah, strange name. And there is hokey pseudo-science in there too. But it's a fantasy series, so I guess that's to be expected.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #249 on: February 23, 2021, 08:19:27 pm »
Watched the 'new' Rosamund Pike movie on Netflix, "I CARE A LOT".

Story about a basically amoral woman who uses the law to become State Wards or elderly senior citizens, robbing them of all their assets/freedom...until she meets people crazier and bolder than her.

Not surprised that her character was lesbian...given that it's Netflix and the Obamas and Jarretts behind it.

It looked interesting. It popped up as a recommendation when 8 logged in last night, and I do like Dianne Wiest. But it looks a bit too dark as well.

I watched the piece from Netflix last on the Cecil Hotel.   :2popcorn:

Yes they did take some liberties with it, but still it was ok.