Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129217 times)

Offline berdie

Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #1775 on: December 28, 2022, 09:20:18 pm »
An Officer and a Gentleman.

Not really a Gere/Winger fan but it's a good movie. Been a long time since I've seen it.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1776 on: December 28, 2022, 09:51:00 pm »
Latest season of “The Circle” dropped on Netflix.

It’s a fun, no brainer show.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1777 on: December 28, 2022, 10:42:29 pm »
My sister will be in The Mayor of Kingstown on Jan. 15, I hear. She was an extra, but padded her part to the greatest extent possible.  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

« Reply #1778 on: December 29, 2022, 08:25:38 pm »
I watched the movie Arrival again last night.  The wiki article on the movie itself is here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrival_(film)

It's an odd movie.  I enjoy it for its quiet pace, and interesting ideas, even if, in general, they are a little farfetched.  I also like the fact that it presents a very different concept of how an advanced intelligent alien species would present itself on Earth, how it would greet us, and why.

I also like the fact that the aliens in the movie are solidly non-humanoid.  I get so tired sometimes of watching sci-fi movies that have hundreds of different species of intelligent alien, almost all of whom are basically just primates with different color sprayed on and various superficial structure changes (like nose ridges).

Finally, I think it would be interesting to explore in more detail the consequences of starting with an aquatic life-form - like an octopus - and teasing out a logical speculative pathway for the evolution of intelligence, and eventual spacefaring.  Part of what intrigues me in this regard is idle speculation on my part about what would happen if a present-day octopus species were able to survive for more than a few years.  They have large brains - albeit with a much different structure than vertebrate species have - and have demonstrated abilities in problem-solving.  Most octopuses, however, only live for a few years, and their lifespan is tied to reproduction; for the most part, they reproduce once, and then they die.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1779 on: December 29, 2022, 09:31:29 pm »
I watched the movie Arrival again last night.

Good flick.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1780 on: December 29, 2022, 10:30:03 pm »
Stumbled over this gem...THE DROP...2014, Tom Hardy, Naomi Rapace, James Gandolfini

A robbery at his bar, and a rescue of an abused puppy,puts a lonely bartender (Tom Hardy) in the crosshairs of Chechen mobsters and his neighbor's abusive ex-lover.

5 out of 5!!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1781 on: December 29, 2022, 10:34:22 pm »
Just saw a Tom Hardy / Noomi Rapace movie called 'Child 44'.  You would enjoy that, @DCPatriot .  Hardy was magnificent.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #1783 on: December 29, 2022, 11:00:19 pm »
Just saw a Tom Hardy / Noomi Rapace movie called 'Child 44'.  You would enjoy that, @DCPatriot .  Hardy was magnificent.

Thanks...will definitely check it out
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1784 on: December 30, 2022, 01:59:28 am »
Bing watching "24". LOTS of action and different plots at play in every episode.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

« Reply #1785 on: December 30, 2022, 01:35:09 pm »
I watched the movie Arrival again last night.  The wiki article on the movie itself is here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrival_(film)

It's an odd movie.  I enjoy it for its quiet pace, and interesting ideas, even if, in general, they are a little farfetched.  I also like the fact that it presents a very different concept of how an advanced intelligent alien species would present itself on Earth, how it would greet us, and why.

I also like the fact that the aliens in the movie are solidly non-humanoid.  I get so tired sometimes of watching sci-fi movies that have hundreds of different species of intelligent alien, almost all of whom are basically just primates with different color sprayed on and various superficial structure changes (like nose ridges).

Finally, I think it would be interesting to explore in more detail the consequences of starting with an aquatic life-form - like an octopus - and teasing out a logical speculative pathway for the evolution of intelligence, and eventual spacefaring.  Part of what intrigues me in this regard is idle speculation on my part about what would happen if a present-day octopus species were able to survive for more than a few years.  They have large brains - albeit with a much different structure than vertebrate species have - and have demonstrated abilities in problem-solving.  Most octopuses, however, only live for a few years, and their lifespan is tied to reproduction; for the most part, they reproduce once, and then they die.
Loved it.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #1786 on: December 30, 2022, 11:06:32 pm »
For New Year's Eve, I'll watch the original 1960 George Pal film, "The Time Machine" (with Rod Taylor and Alan Young). The time traveler begins his trip on New Year's Eve...

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #1787 on: December 31, 2022, 02:28:17 am »

@Hoodat

Thanks for that!

Holy Crap... he's my new #1 actor.
Especially when Gary Oldman is there to enjoy, too!

Noomi Rapace became a credible star in her own right.

My son suggests Legend for the 'trifecta'.   happy77

Offline berdie

« Reply #1788 on: January 01, 2023, 10:30:42 pm »
The Mule. Not the best flick Clint has made but sure not the worst.

Truthfully, I'll have to watch it again. I got so caught up in the sound track it impeded the visuals. The last Toby Keith song stays with ya. "Don't Let The Old Man In". :laugh:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1789 on: January 03, 2023, 06:00:37 am »
Latest season of “Worst Cooks in America” started on Food Network.

I can’t believe some of these people can’t boil water.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1790 on: January 03, 2023, 12:39:28 pm »
Latest season of “Worst Cooks in America” started on Food Network.

I can’t believe some of these people can’t boil water.

I only watch certain food shows in the hope someone beats the shit out of Gordon Ramsey.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1791 on: January 03, 2023, 04:44:23 pm »
I only watch certain food shows in the hope someone beats the shit out of Gordon Ramsey.

I would buy tickets. happy77

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #1792 on: January 04, 2023, 02:23:08 am »
We just started watching “Suits”.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline verga

« Reply #1793 on: January 04, 2023, 12:49:42 pm »
Just started watching "Kaleidoscope" on netflix. It is a combination crime drama mystery so far.
Two episodes in and it seems pretty good so far. 
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #1794 on: January 04, 2023, 07:00:47 pm »

Something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3FzkEoIQBw
Let it burn.

Online rustynail

« Reply #1795 on: January 04, 2023, 07:15:33 pm »
There is a Clown Show on C-SPAN.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1796 on: January 04, 2023, 10:09:50 pm »
We just started watching “Suits”.

@debrawiest

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1797 on: January 04, 2023, 10:11:10 pm »
There is a Clown Show on C-SPAN.

@rustynail

There are cown shows on every channel.

It's just that some don't seem to realize they are clowns.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #1798 on: January 05, 2023, 12:19:32 am »
@debrawiest

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

We are both enjoying it. I’m surprised how much I like Meghan Markle the actress.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #1799 on: January 05, 2023, 07:41:34 am »
Watched a few things... Tom Clancy series Season 1-3 (not through 3 yet)... Ok, watchable, didn't really care for the main character. Funny he was sorta a nerd at first (but badarse in the service years), but by 3rd season he couldn't miss a shot. Rating 6.7/10

The Menu was a Mind Twist thriller movie that was oddly entertaining. Rating 7.3/10

Glass Onion was a milder mind twist mystery that held my attention. Little silly, but again held my attention for most part. Rating 6.3/10

Uncle Tom was a political film (documentary) about Black Conservatives in America... Somewhat dated and slightly embarrassing seeing them defend Kanye West at times. Rating: 6.5/10

https://youtu.be/C_uTkUGcHv4

https://youtu.be/LJJKRzXRajU

« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 07:43:40 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....