Author Topic: A truly awful idea: Some liberals would pull plug on Trump’s briefings..By Howard Kurtz  (Read 795 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A truly awful idea: Some liberals would pull plug on Trump’s briefings

By Howard Kurtz | Fox News

It’s not much of a shock to discover that Rachel Maddow doesn’t like President Trump’s daily briefings on the coronavirus.

“I feel like we should inoculate ourselves against the harmful impact of these ongoing false promises and false statements by the president by recognizing that when he’s talking about the coronavirus epidemic, more often than not, he is lying,” she told her MSNBC viewers.

What is rather surprising is what Maddow wants to do about it, an idea that is gaining cachet among other commentators on the left as well.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/a-truly-awful-idea-some-liberals-would-pull-plug-on-trumps-briefings

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

My opinion:  I don't care if these daily press conferences go on or not.  I haven't watched them since the first one or two.  Nothing really new to report for the most part.  Sounds like a lot of grandstanding and I don't trust anything Trump or the rest of them have to say anyway.  They have lost all credibility with me. 

Offline goatprairie

My opinion:  I don't care if these daily press conferences go on or not.  I haven't watched them since the first one or two.  Nothing really new to report for the most part.  Sounds like a lot of grandstanding and I don't trust anything Trump or the rest of them have to say anyway.  They have lost all credibility with me.
You don't have to listen if you don't want to. Personally, I dislike most prez briefings, now and in the past.
Nevertheless, this is a national crisis and it is good for the public to see the prez out in front on tv giving briefings on progress towards the virus and encouraging the citizens. I don't think we want a president down in a bunker somewhere not communicating with the public except for a few statements every other day.
I think this has been, by far, the strongest thing Trump has done so far in his admin.  Even many Dems approve of how he's handled this situation.
And as you might know, I am not a Trumpster.

Offline Applewood

You don't have to listen if you don't want to. Personally, I dislike most prez briefings, now and in the past.
Nevertheless, this is a national crisis and it is good for the public to see the prez out in front on tv giving briefings on progress towards the virus and encouraging the citizens. I don't think we want a president down in a bunker somewhere not communicating with the public except for a few statements every other day.
I think this has been, by far, the strongest thing Trump has done so far in his admin.  Even many Dems approve of how he's handled this situation.
And as you might know, I am not a Trumpster.

You're right.  I don't have to listen and I don't and won't,  Just offering my opinion, for what little it's worth.

I get what you're saying and under such circumstances, I would normally agree, but that's because I expect the president to be a leader in a crisis.  Problem for me is I don't see that leadership.  I see grandstanding .  Even worse, I see conflicting information.  Trump says one thing and Dr. Fauci or someone else says differently.  Seems to me everyone who is supposed to be in charge is circling in their own individual orbit.  We need consistency -- one clear, unified message -- not everyone doing their own thing. 

But...whatever.  Like I said, not going to pay attention to what these people are saying.  But if you or anyone else gets something out of these daily briefings, then you have my permission to watch and listen. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You're right.  I don't have to listen and I don't and won't,  Just offering my opinion, for what little it's worth.

I get what you're saying and under such circumstances, I would normally agree, but that's because I expect the president to be a leader in a crisis.  Problem for me is I don't see that leadership.  I see grandstanding .  Even worse, I see conflicting information.  Trump says one thing and Dr. Fauci or someone else says differently.  Seems to me everyone who is supposed to be in charge is circling in their own individual orbit.  We need consistency -- one clear, unified message -- not everyone doing their own thing. 

But...whatever.  Like I said, not going to pay attention to what these people are saying.  But if you or anyone else gets something out of these daily briefings, then you have my permission to watch and listen.

Mucho gracias.   *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I think Trump should let it it be leaked that he is considering nationalizing the media in this time of crisis to insure that the governments message continues to get to the people..................just to see the liberals 

Offline mortarman

We got Sleepy Evers copying President Trump now with daily pressers now that he pulled the trigger on his "Stay At Home" order. Don't hear the Propaganda Ministry For the Left-wing Fascist Agenda complaining. Come to think about it, I haven't heard any complaints from them about any daily pressers given by Dis-Loyal Opposition politicians.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.