Author Topic: Trump Is Not Responsible for the Death of a Man Who Swallowed Fish Tank Cleaner  (Read 2252 times)

Offline musiclady

Self-medicating? Pet stores are pharmacies?

Well, folks on DU are lapping up this lunatic Gotcha-Trump, https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213159317 .

TBR does not have enough *****rollingeyes***** s in TBR's cyber-warehouse.

We need a much bigger eye roll for this kind of garbage.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mortarman

How is it this mental midget wasn't taken out by the Tide Pod Challenge?

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goatprairie

Hmm... and all this time I thought it stood for N(Nuthin) B(But) C(Commies).
They're better called FRAUDcasting networks. As in the National Fraudcasting Company. The Columbia Fraudcasting System,  the American Fraudcasting Company.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Sadly, there is still no cure for stupidity.

I’d say that was a pretty good cure for stupidity.  :whistle:

How awful for their family. And how awful to be so terrified of this virus that you’d risk so much. I refuse to live in fear like that.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline mortarman

I’d say that was a pretty good cure for stupidity.  :whistle:

How awful for their family. And how awful to be so terrified of this virus that you’d risk so much. I refuse to live in fear like that.

That fear is prolly most likely a result of the panic being spread by the Propaganda Ministry For the Left-wing Fascist Agenda. I'll bet the family of these fools will be contacted by some bambulance chaser to file a lawsuit against the propagandists for scaring this guy into doing this. It won't go anywhere, butt ya know it's gonna happen.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Funny thing to me is fish everywhere are complaining the lack of toilet cleaners (due to the demand for this product costing hundreds online now)...

No toilet paper for fish...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Apparently this story originated with N(ations) B(est) C(ommunists)

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/man-dies-after-ingesting-chloroquine-attempt-prevent-coronavirus-n1167166?fbclid=IwAR3sk-i1JbBZiZWvN4UakNnQWb_49kGH5HKarp2f2o15L-KbWBI1xc1T-6s

Hmm... and all this time I thought it stood for N(Nuthin) B(But) C(Commies).

They're better called FRAUDcasting networks. As in the National Fraudcasting Company. The Columbia Fraudcasting System,  the American Fraudcasting Company.

I got the impression, due to their credulity, that the couple were Fox News viewers. :shrug:
I would think viewers of the alphabet news media would question what the President says, before putting chemicals he can't pronounce into their bodies.

Irrational and misplaced anger never looks good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Sadly, there is still no cure for stupidity.

Yeah, there is. It is called DEATH.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Will he be in the running for a Darwin Award?

Offline mountaineer

I would think viewers of the alphabet news media would question what the President says, before putting chemicals he can't pronounce into their bodies.
He never said to make up your own blend of chemicals that might have similar names to actual prescribed drugs, nor did he imply anyone might consider downing a batch of fish tank cleaner. There's no need to "question" what Trump said, because he said nothing that any reasonable person would interpret as a directive to poison oneself. These people were idiots, and what happened to them is 100% their own doing.  :chairbang:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

He never said to make up your own blend of chemicals that might have similar names to actual prescribed drugs, nor did he imply anyone might consider downing a batch of fish tank cleaner.

And I never said he did.  I said the MSM questions Trump.  Do you disagree?

There's no need to "question" what Trump said, because he said nothing that any reasonable person would interpret as a directive to poison oneself. These people were idiots, and what happened to them is 100% their own doing.  :chairbang:

Where do you suppose they got the idea to poison themselves?  Reading medical journals?

Offline mountaineer

Where do you suppose they got the idea to poison themselves?  Reading medical journals?
Every news outlet had reported on the possible effectiveness of Chloroquine in conjunction with Zithromycin, even before Trump mentioned it. The media and the president didn't suggest, imply or even hint that fish tank cleaner was the same thing as an anti-viral drug.  I don't know where these people got the idiotic idea to consume fish tank cleaner or where they first heard about Chloroquine, but neither the media nor Trump is responsible in the least for this couple's moronic actions. Only they are.

Viewers of the news networks had no reason to question what Trump said when he described what medical research had shown, namely, that Chloroquine in conjunction with Zithromycin was being looked at as a possible treatment. The truth of the matter is that French researchers were finding it effective, and that's what was being reported. So why should anyone question his statement, when he was quoting reliable medical researchers?

I don't care how much you hate him, disingenuity is not a good look.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
The problem is that they didn’t immediately follow up by heating their nasal passages up to 136 degrees using a hairdryer.

Local lawmaker says hair dryer can cure coronavirus

https://www.wpbf.com/article/local-lawmaker-says-hair-dryer-can-cure-coronavirus/31906474#

But Culpepper insisted he’d gotten his information from a reliable source.

“This was on OAN, One America News Network, which is the fastest growing national network on cable,” Culpepper said. “It’s the new Fox News if you want to know the truth.”
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

I don't know where these people got the idiotic idea to consume fish tank cleaner or where they first heard about Chloroquine,

I have an idea where. 
"We saw Trump on TV—every channel—and all of his buddies said that this was safe," the woman told NBC. "Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure."

I don't care how much you hate him, disingenuity is not a good look.
I don't care how much you hate me, disingenuity is not a good look.

Offline mountaineer

"We saw Trump on TV—every channel—and all of his buddies said that this was safe," the woman told NBC. "Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure."
Except this isn't true.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Except this isn't true.

It's a flat out blatant LIE!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

It's a flat out blatant LIE!

Isn't it odd how the people who mewl the loudest about Trump's 'dishonesty' seem to have an, ah, ethical blind spot when it comes to themselves?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Isn't it odd how the people who mewl the loudest about Trump's 'dishonesty' seem to have an, ah, ethical blind spot when it comes to themselves?

Not to me @skeeter I've come to expect it from them.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Why would you need a cure for something you didn't have?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Except this isn't true.
It's not a cure?  I agree.

Offline PeteS in CA

I've read what Trump said. He did not say with certainty it is a "cure". As for safety, Chloroquine the medicine has been used against malaria longer than I've been alive - the medicine, prescribed by a doctor, with proper dosage and frequency, which is what Trump referred to. Not aquarium treatment with God knows what other chemicals, in God knows what quantity.

I feel sorry for the woman and her loss, but what she and her late husband did was little less stupid than drinking from a bottle of drain cleaner.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Now I know!

Who drank the Koolaid.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Why would you need a cure for something you didn't have?

I'll drink to that.   :beer:

I got a question to your question. Is the best little whore house in Texas?

Offline mountaineer

It's not a cure?  I agree.
"all of his buddies said that this was safe" - untrue. The woman didn't hear what she says she heard.