Author Topic: Jersey Man Arrested For Legal Gun, Ammo, Plans to Sue over Ordeal  (Read 549 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Daily Wire 3/21/2020

A New Jersey man who previously was arrested for carrying a handgun for which he had a permit, along with legal ammunition, now says he is considering a lawsuit against the police and prosecutor’s office who targeted him.

Roosevelt Twyne was arrested last month after he was pulled over for his car’s window tinting. Twyne informed the police officer that he had a handgun with him, and was arrested even though he had a license for the handgun and the ammo he was carrying was specifically listed as legal on a New Jersey police website, The Daily Wire reported.

New Jersey authorities eventually dismissed the charges against Twyne, but The Washington Free Beacon’s Stephen Gutowski, who has covered this story since the beginning, has reported that Twyne is looking to file a civil suit over the ordeal.

More: https://www.dailywire.com/news/jersey-man-arrested-for-legal-gun-ammo-plans-to-sue-over-ordeal

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Jersey Man Arrested For Legal Gun, Ammo, Plans to Sue over Ordeal
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 12:58:14 pm »
Daily Wire 3/21/2020

A New Jersey man who previously was arrested for carrying a handgun for which he had a permit, along with legal ammunition, now says he is considering a lawsuit against the police and prosecutor’s office who targeted him.

Roosevelt Twyne was arrested last month after he was pulled over for his car’s window tinting. Twyne informed the police officer that he had a handgun with him, and was arrested even though he had a license for the handgun and the ammo he was carrying was specifically listed as legal on a New Jersey police website, The Daily Wire reported.

New Jersey authorities eventually dismissed the charges against Twyne, but The Washington Free Beacon’s Stephen Gutowski, who has covered this story since the beginning, has reported that Twyne is looking to file a civil suit over the ordeal.

More: https://www.dailywire.com/news/jersey-man-arrested-for-legal-gun-ammo-plans-to-sue-over-ordeal

@Elderberry

Good for him! Sic 'em,Roosevelt!

I would LOVE to see him go on camera and ask the NAACP to support him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 03:30:03 pm »
This thread gives context, http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,394583.0.html . The guy was wrongly arrested. That police officer needed training. But it should have stopped at the point someone pointed out that both his gun and his ammunition were legal. It didn't. The case went to court, and he had to hire a lawyer. He's probably out somewhere between $1000 and $3000, maybe more, depending on how far the case went before charges were dismissed. And that doesn't count missed work and damage to his work history. He deserves $50K-$100K, plus legal fees, plus a $50K lien on the prosecutor's house (to teach prosecutor not to over-charge for political advancement).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 07:13:50 pm »

The case went to court, and he had to hire a lawyer. He's probably out somewhere between $1000 and $3000, maybe more, depending on how far the case went before charges were dismissed. And that doesn't count missed work and damage to his work history. He deserves $50K-$100K, plus legal fees, plus a $50K lien on the prosecutor's house (to teach prosecutor not to over-charge for political advancement).

@PeteS in CA

I can't,and don't even want to argue with that.

The ONLY way to stop this is to make those responsible for it,personally responsible for paying the damages.

@BTW,the DA should also pay twice as much in damages. After all,he is a legal pro,and without his approval this would have never happened. I don't mean his office (the taxpayers),either. I mean the DA PERSONALLY.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 07:15:47 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 11:16:51 pm »
@PeteS in CA

I can't,and don't even want to argue with that.

The ONLY way to stop this is to make those responsible for it,personally responsible for paying the damages.

@BTW,the DA should also pay twice as much in damages. After all,he is a legal pro,and without his approval this would have never happened. I don't mean his office (the taxpayers),either. I mean the DA PERSONALLY.

@sneakypete

I agree.  As a taxpayer, I'm tired of bailing these bastards out.  It's no skin off a DA's nose if his County has to cough up the cash for his eff-ups.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 04:49:06 pm »
@sneakypete

I agree.  As a taxpayer, I'm tired of bailing these bastards out.  It's no skin off a DA's nose if his County has to cough up the cash for his eff-ups.

That's why I figure a lien equal to ~25% of the value of the DA's house is appropriate for this grade of abuse of authority. And if that puts the authority-abusing DA "upside down", all the better.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.