Author Topic: Rush, Trish and left-leaning media: Is it opinion or news reporting?  (Read 140 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpts:

Rush, Trish and left-leaning media: Is it opinion or news reporting?
By Douglas MacKinnon, opinion contributor — 03/21/20 12:00 PM EDT The views expressed by contributors are their own and not the view of The Hill

Last week, Rush Limbaugh opined on the swine flu, which hit our nation from 2009 into 2010.

“Folks,” he said, “I’m not panicked. I am ticked off like you cannot believe … because I’m mad about the politics of this. … I went back and looked at the stats and I was stunned. … 60 million Americans were infected … 300,000 were hospitalized. … Nobody even remembers it. And why? Well, because we had a different president.”

Limbaugh was inferring that because Barack Obama was president during the onset of the swine flu and beloved by many in the media, the negative coverage of that highly infectious and dangerous virus was minimized and fawning reports regarding Obama’s command of the situation were dialed up.

More at:   https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/488638-rush-trish-and-left-leaning-media-is-it-opinion-or-news-reporting

See next few paragraphs in regards to Trish Regan and exactly what she said.

Offline skeeter

Re: Rush, Trish and left-leaning media: Is it opinion or news reporting?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 02:40:10 pm »
Not a bad Hill article for a change. I would prefer the writer not conflate opinion leaders with news reporters. One is obligated to share facts alone.

There certainly is emotion on both sides, but IMO difference is a matter of degree. The left has become nearly devoid of ANY reason.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 02:43:50 pm by skeeter »