Author Topic: Over 75 million under lockdown in US as weekend begins  (Read 376 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Over 75 million under lockdown in US as weekend begins
« on: March 21, 2020, 02:19:50 pm »
Over 75 million under lockdown in US as weekend begins
by Cassidy Morrison
 | March 21, 2020 12:00 AM

Cities and entire states have gone on lockdown in the past week as officials work to stem the rapid spread of the coronavirus, sequestering at least 75 million people in their homes.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom announced a statewide stay-at-home order Thursday night, and other governors followed suit within hours. Andrew Cuomo of New York, Ned Lamont of Connecticut, and J.B. Pritzker of Illinois, all Democrats, issued similar orders Friday, telling people to stay in their homes unless to go to “essential” businesses only, including pharmacies, grocery stores, banks, gas stations, and child care services.

President Trump applauded Govs. Cuomo and Newsom in Friday’s White House press briefing for taking "strong, bold steps” to stem the outbreak, while National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci said he "strongly supports" the governors’ actions.

Meanwhile, officials in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Ohio, Washington state, and more have ordered all bars and restaurants to close.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/over-75-million-under-lockdown-in-us-as-weekend-begins
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Over 75 million under lockdown in US as weekend begins
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 05:21:26 pm »
"Lockdown", in the case of California anyway, implies something greater than reality. People here can go to stores like Safeway, Target, and Home Depot and banks; obviously, so can their employees. Restaurants are open for take-out (walk-in or drive-through). People who are essential to their employer's operations can still go to work if they cannot work entirely at home (I've been splitting time). Some places are closed, like sporting goods and clothing stores (though stuff can be ordered online) and churches (though some/many have been using livestreaming). I'd guesstimate the traffic I've seen on SR17//I-880 freeway to be ~1/3 of normal volume.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 06:02:02 pm »
"Lockdown", in the case of California anyway, implies something greater than reality. People here can go to stores like Safeway, Target, and Home Depot and banks; obviously, so can their employees. Restaurants are open for take-out (walk-in or drive-through). People who are essential to their employer's operations can still go to work if they cannot work entirely at home (I've been splitting time). Some places are closed, like sporting goods and clothing stores (though stuff can be ordered online) and churches (though some/many have been using livestreaming). I'd guesstimate the traffic I've seen on SR17//I-880 freeway to be ~1/3 of normal volume.
Our church is starting livestreaming tomorrow.  I ordered groceries from our local HEB curbside that can't be picked up until Wednesday.  If this continues much longer, I'm going to redo my bathroom.  Reminds me I need to rotortill the garden.....

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 07:57:29 pm »
Our church is starting livestreaming tomorrow.  I ordered groceries from our local HEB curbside that can't be picked up until Wednesday.  If this continues much longer, I'm going to redo my bathroom.  Reminds me I need to rotortill the garden.....

Our church did livestreaming last week. Our county started a shutdown before Goobernor Nuisance decided the deer in Modoc County and trout in Trinity County needed protection from coronavirus. While a shut-down might be appropriate in SF Bay Area Counties, I think Goobernor Nuisance should have left the decision up to the various counties health departments. I don't think the desert tortoises in San Bernardino and Inyo Counties needed protection from coronavirus.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.