Author Topic: NYC Marriage Bureau Closes Amid Coronavirus Quarantine… Until ‘Further Notice’  (Read 443 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Gateway Pundit by Cassandra Fairbanks March 20, 2020

The New York City marriage bureau has shut down amid New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ordering all “nonessential” workers to stay home.

The city has not announced a date when it will reopen, simply saying that it is closed until “further notice.”

During a press conference earlier in the day on Friday, Cuomo said that the “quarantine” may last up to four months.

“Please be advised that effective March 20, 2020 all of the offices of the City Clerk – NYC Marriage Bureau will be closed until further notice,” the city clerk tweeted. “We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.”

NYC City Clerk @NYCClerk

Please be advised that effective March 20, 2020 all of the offices of the City Clerk - NYC Marriage Bureau will be closed until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. @nyc311
8:00 PM - Mar 19, 2020

More: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/nyc-marriage-bureau-closes-amid-coronavirus-quarantine-until-further-notice/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Reckon they'll either have to wait, shack up for the duration, or get a wedding dress a couple sizes larger to accommodate the 'bump'...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Reckon they'll either have to wait, shack up for the duration, or get a wedding dress a couple sizes larger to accommodate the 'bump'...

My thoughts exactly. Too bad they can’t have virtual weddings. It could be done in principle since Wassermann tests are no longer required. (At least in NJ they aren’t)

I heard they’re doing virtual funerals now. (Ick)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 10:21:04 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️