Author Topic: Taliban attack kills 25 troops, police at Afghanistan checkpoint  (Read 483 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Taliban attack kills 25 troops, police at Afghanistan checkpoint
By  Clyde Hughes 

March 20 (UPI) -- A pre-dawn attack Friday at a security checkpoint killed more than two dozen soldiers and police officers in Afghanistan's Zabul province, officials said.

Authorities said 25 were killed in the assault, and investigators believe several members of the Afghan security forces aided in the attack at a joint police and army headquarters building in Qalat.

"The attackers had connections with the Taliban insurgents," Zabul provincial chief Ata Jan Haq Bayan said.

Read more at:  https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2020/03/20/Taliban-attack-kills-25-troops-police-at-Afghanistan-checkpoint/6471584710869/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Taliban attack kills 25 troops, police at Afghanistan checkpoint
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 07:25:45 pm »
Here is a serious suggestion.

Since it seems we are determined to keep doing what has proven to not work,how about we shake things up a little,and go "All WW-2" on their asses,and send in infantry and armor divisions,supported by pretty much everything in the US arsenal,and keep killing until there is nothing left to kill that is capable of making war?

Either that,or just get the hell OUT of that place?

Either way,what we have been doing the last few decades sure as hell isn't working,so WHY are we still doing it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 10:53:59 pm »
There's no hope there.
There's nothing that can be "won".
Get OUT of the place.
Lock, stock and barrel.

Let them do whatever they want to each other.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 11:37:26 pm »
Here is a serious suggestion.

Since it seems we are determined to keep doing what has proven to not work,how about we shake things up a little,and go "All WW-2" on their asses,and send in infantry and armor divisions,supported by pretty much everything in the US arsenal,and keep killing until there is nothing left to kill that is capable of making war?

Either that,or just get the hell OUT of that place?

Either way,what we have been doing the last few decades sure as hell isn't working,so WHY are we still doing it?

Should have wasted them in the beginning.  Instead of drawing down, we should have sent everything we have.  Leaving only guarantee's that they will gain strength and we will have to fight them here on U.S. soil.  If you have an infestation you have to exterminate.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 11:42:42 pm »
Should have wasted them in the beginning.  Instead of drawing down, we should have sent everything we have.  Leaving only guarantee's that they will gain strength and we will have to fight them here on U.S. soil.  If you have an infestation you have to exterminate.

@Chosen Daughter

We don't agree often,but we sure agree on THAT one!

If it ain't worth putting in the effort to win,it just ain't worth doing.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 04:28:53 am »
@Chosen Daughter

We don't agree often,but we sure agree on THAT one!

If it ain't worth putting in the effort to win,it just ain't worth doing.

When you said this I thought of this verse in the Bible.  Don't be mad with me.  This verse brings me peace.

"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one`s life for his friends" (John 15:13

Many of our soldiers willingly did this.  Unfortunately I don't know if our government had the same strength and willingness to do the same.  To fight to win.  No person wants their loved ones to die in a war.  But our relatives who do fight know what they are signing up for.  They know the personal risk that is involved in keeping this country safe.  I feel sad that we can talk about the greatest military and not have the same bravery as the soldiers who signed up to defeat an enemy.  One that poses danger to the entire world, and threatens to take captive entire countries with their extremist, oppressive, hateful ways.

They did lay down their lives.  They came home wounded.  Physically and mentally.  And we didn't give them what they needed to win.

Putting every single country in danger of terrorism.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 04:31:48 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.