Author Topic: Trump says 'no' to national lockdown: 'I don't think we'll ever find that necessary'  (Read 320 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says 'no' to national lockdown: 'I don't think we'll ever find that necessary'
by Tim Pearce
 | March 20, 2020 12:51 PM

President Trump said a national lockdown would not be necessary to slow the spread of the coronavirus.

Trump updated reporters and officials on Friday on the federal government's fight to contain the pandemic. The president said that after California and New York implemented strict emergency regulations to slow the spread of the disease, he did not foresee a need for a nation-wide lockdown.

"I don't think so," Trump said when asked if he thought a national lockdown would be needed. "Essentially, you've done that in California, you've done that in New York. Those are two really hot beds. Those are probably the two hottest of them all in terms of hotspots.

"You go out to the Midwest, you go out to other locations and they are watching it on television but they dont have the same problems," Trump continued. "So no, we are working with the governors and I don't think we'll ever find that necessary."

Moments before, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top immunologist, praised the residents of California and New York for their sacrifice and said that the strict regulations put in place by the state governments were appropriate and necessary.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-says-no-to-national-lockdown-i-dont-think-well-ever-find-that-necessary
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I praise Trump and I question Fauci.   I suspect he is a Never Trumper, and he will do what is necessary to mislead the president.  I trust no one in CDC, NIH and FDA.  No one.  Their desire to undermine Trump is stronger than anything.

2-3 weeks and he better light a fire under everyone.  The fear of this virus is unwarranted.  Yes, for those vulnerable, they need to be smart, but for the rest of society it is utter nonsense.

The dress down to that idiot reporter today was hopefully heard by all those lousy pukes.  They are a disgrace.  They are serving no one's interest.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I praise Trump and I question Fauci.   I suspect he is a Never Trumper, and he will do what is necessary to mislead the president.  I trust no one in CDC, NIH and FDA.  No one.  Their desire to undermine Trump is stronger than anything.

2-3 weeks and he better light a fire under everyone.  The fear of this virus is unwarranted.  Yes, for those vulnerable, they need to be smart, but for the rest of society it is utter nonsense.

The dress down to that idiot reporter today was hopefully heard by all those lousy pukes.  They are a disgrace.  They are serving no one's interest.

Well, Fauci appears to be a realist based on what research indicates.  Trump has always been very much an optimist. Both of them (more so Trump) but the press in their place today.

I have no doubt that if Trump doesn't like the results that Fauci is bringing to this; he'll have no problem firing him.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.