Author Topic: The Plot Against America first impression (abbrev.) (Chas. Lindbergh)  (Read 424 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Posting article on does not necessarily mean agreeing with.

The Plot Against America first impression: David Simon’s HBO miniseries is compelling but too in-your-face
HBO's The Plot Against American maybe David Simon's most timely and least nuanced work yet. That is not to say it not worth watching. On the contrary, The Plot Against America, at least so far, is the best show of 2020.

Written by Kshitij Rawat | New Delhi | Updated: March 20, 2020 9:39:42 pm

The Plot Against America is set in a fictional 1940s, at the height of the Second World War, around the time the Nazi forces overran France and threatened mainland Britain. The incumbent US President Franklin D Roosevelt is facing a populist Republican candidate called Charles Lindbergh, a real-life war veteran and a borderline Nazi who advocated a neutrality pact with Germany. Lindbergh was at loggerheads with Roosevelt in real-life, but did not contest any elections against him — or, any election otherwise.

In the world of The Plot Against America, Lindbergh defeats Roosevelt and becomes the president, which leads to the persecution of Jews.

Our protagonists are members of an ordinary Jewish family in Newark, New Jersey who are struggling to adjust to the exacerbating social environment, wherein they are labelled outsiders and the group of people the ‘Americans’ should be watchful about.

More at:  https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/television/the-plot-against-america-first-impression-david-simon-hbo-miniseries-6322601/

Uh-oh, calling Lindbergh a borderline Nazi, that's got to be utmost trash but I'll still post,  the premise is interesting and it sounds like it is based on a book by Philip Roth per article.

I hope this is not offensive to anyone, that about Lindbergh sounds unacceptable.

Trailer from article:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

I saw searching bing.com  , there are quite a few articles on this.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 05:08:09 pm by TomSea »

Offline Absalom

Re: The Plot Against America first impression (abbrev.) (Chas. Lindbergh)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 08:37:12 pm »
Lindbergh, of Scandinavian heritage, was an American Firster;
a legacy from his father who strongly opposed American
involvement in the Great War. He was not a Nazi sympathizer.

Offline mortarman

Re: The Plot Against America first impression (abbrev.) (Chas. Lindbergh)
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 12:24:29 am »
Another 'xample of the hypocrisy of the Left-wing Fascist Agenda. They like to call Conservatives Nazis when they themselves advocate revisiting an' implementation of such programs as the Wannsee Conference, Aktion Tiergartenstrasse 4 an' Sonderfahndungliste V.S.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.