Author Topic: Baltimore Mayor Begs Residents To Stop Shooting Each Other So Hospital Beds Can Be Used For Coronavi  (Read 826 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Baltimore Mayor Begs Residents To Stop Shooting Each Other So Hospital Beds Can Be Used For Coronavirus Patients
March 18, 2020 at 11:23 am

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Baltimore Mayor Jack Young urged residents to put down their guns and heed orders to stay home after multiple people were shot Tuesday night amidst the coronavirus pandemic.

Young said hospital beds are needed to treat positive COVID-19 patients and not for senseless violence. Seven people were shot Tuesday night in the Madison Park neighborhood, as Baltimore reported its fifth positive coronavirus case Wednesday.

“I want to reiterate how completely unacceptable the level of violence is that we have seen recently,” Young said. “We will not stand for mass shootings and an increase in crime.”

“For those of you who want to continue to shoot and kill people of this city, we’re not going to tolerate it,” Young implored. “We’re going to come after you and we’re going to get you.”

more
https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/03/18/we-need-those-beds-baltimore-mayor-urges-people-to-put-down-guns-after-violence-continues-during-covid-19-pandemic/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Baltimore Mayor Begs Residents To Stop Shooting Each Other So Hospital Beds Can Be Used For Coronavirus Patients
March 18, 2020 at 11:23 am

50 years ago if a politican said something this stupid, they'd be laughed out of office.  Now its pretty normal at every level of government.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline thackney

“We will not stand for mass shootings and an increase in crime.”

Then I suggest you sit down.  Because you have not down a thing to get a change in the crime.  Maybe stamp your feet and hold your breath?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline goatprairie

Then I suggest you sit down.  Because you have not down a thing to get a change in the crime.  Maybe stamp your feet and hold your breath?
Candlelight vigils and requests by the pols for the shooters to stop the violence have not worked.
To stop the slaughter I am among those who support stop and frisk and  other methods that many, including people on this forum, have called unconstitutional.
What would you suggest as a plan of action?

Offline mortarman

Truth be told, back when there were public hangings they really didn't have as many shootings as they do now.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Candlelight vigils and requests by the pols for the shooters to stop the violence have not worked.
To stop the slaughter I am among those who support stop and frisk and  other methods that many, including people on this forum, have called unconstitutional.
What would you suggest as a plan of action?
The People's Republic of Maryland has some of the most ridiculous gun laws in the country, behind perhaps Chicago, California, and New York.
Make it easier for someone with no criminal history to obtain and carry a firearm, and to defend themselves. If people could shoot back at the criminals, like they can in other, more sane jurisdictions, after a brief spike, things would settle down.
While I understand there is a demographic in Baltimore which leans toward violent acts, especially shooting each other, I believe letting good folks return fire would put a damper on the situation.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Ask and you shall recieve.  It's not a unique approach.  It's time tested.  The Answer Is Always "NO" Until You Ask For The Sale.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnK6-UfoBSU

NSFW

Offline goatprairie

The People's Republic of Maryland has some of the most ridiculous gun laws in the country, behind perhaps Chicago, California, and New York.
Make it easier for someone with no criminal history to obtain and carry a firearm, and to defend themselves. If people could shoot back at the criminals, like they can in other, more sane jurisdictions, after a brief spike, things would settle down.
While I understand there is a demographic in Baltimore which leans toward violent acts, especially shooting each other, I believe letting good folks return fire would put a damper on the situation.
The majority of the people killing each other now are young gangbangers. They all have guns.
I'm not against these varmints shooting and killing each other, but they also tend to shoot innocent people/children caught in their gang wars.
How do you stop or inhibit that?

Online Hoodat

The People's Republic of Maryland has some of the most ridiculous gun laws in the country

The Maryland domino have fallen on Virginia.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

The Maryland domino have fallen on Virginia.
Not so much as the DC bedroom communities in the northern part of VA. Virtually no one there is from VA, they're all transplants who work for the Federal Government, for the most part.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That sends the wrong message. This is Baltimore,so what he SHOULD be telling them is to take careful aim because bullets are expensive.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

That sends the wrong message. This is Baltimore,so what he SHOULD be telling them is to take careful aim because bullets are expensive.
:amen:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mortarman

Wasn't it former Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawling-Blake who said that these thugs needed "space to destroy"? What ever happened with that?

The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Smokin Joe

Wasn't it former Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawling-Blake who said that these thugs needed "space to destroy"? What ever happened with that?

Maybe they ran out of stuff to steal, break and burn... :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Maybe they ran out of stuff to steal, break and burn... :shrug:

@Smokin Joe

Naw,there are still the wealthy neighborhoods that are virtually untouched. ANY thug that shows up in one of them is arrested within minutes on "suspicion of being suspiscious",and hauled away. If no charges can be found to justify the detention,they will be created at the station house.

Can't be panicking the rich whites,you know. That's for the poor whites,who DESERVE to be victimized because they are racists,don'tchaknow?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Naw,there are still the wealthy neighborhoods that are virtually untouched. ANY thug that shows up in one of them is arrested within minutes on "suspicion of being suspiscious",and hauled away. If no charges can be found to justify the detention,they will be created at the station house.

Can't be panicking the rich whites,you know. That's for the poor whites,who DESERVE to be victimized because they are racists,don'tchaknow?
Those horse farms used to have those jockey statues in front holding the light. You know what I"m talking about.

A successful black businessman where I grew up had a white jockey statue in front of his house... I liked that guy.

C S Lewis