Author Topic: Delayed Weekly Flu Report: Death Toll 22,000, Including 144 Children  (Read 323 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Penny Starr17 Mar 20203,358
2:11

For the first time since the week ending February 29, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has released its Weekly U.S. Influenza Surveillance Report, which shows that the death toll from the seasonal flu has reached 22,000, including 144 children.

The CDC website notes the tardiness of the report.

“The COVID-19 outbreak unfolding in the United States may affect healthcare seeking behavior which in turn would impact data from ILINet (Outpatient Influenza-like Illness Surveillance Network),” the website stated.

The website provided updated information:

Flu activity as reported by clinical laboratories remains high but decreased for the fourth week in a row; however, influenza-like illness activity increased slightly.  Severity indicators remain moderate to low overall, but hospitalization rates differ by age group, with high rates among children and young adults.

Nationally, influenza A(H1N1)psm09 viruses are now the most commonly reported influenza viruses this season. Previously, influenza B/Victoria viruses predominated nationally.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/17/delayed-weekly-flu-report-death-toll-22000-including-144-children/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Delayed Weekly Flu Report: Death Toll 22,000, Including 144 Children
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 02:16:18 pm »
I hope news outlets continue to report COVID19 and flu stats separately. I'd hate to see the two conflated to give the public the wrong impression.

Online roamer_1

Re: Delayed Weekly Flu Report: Death Toll 22,000, Including 144 Children
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 02:18:09 pm »
I hope news outlets continue to report COVID19 and flu stats separately. I'd hate to see the two conflated to give the public the wrong impression.

Well the mortality rates are so close that I can see where folks might get confused.