Author Topic: People with Type A blood are MORE likely to catch coronavirus than those with Type O, study claims  (Read 497 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
People with Type A blood are MORE likely to catch coronavirus than those with Type O, study claims

Scientists studied the breakdown of coronavirus patients by their blood type 
    People with type A blood were significantly more likely to contract virus 
    In the general population Type O blood (34%) is more common than A (32%)
    But in the infected this was reversed with Type O just 25% while Type A was 41%
    Coronavirus symptoms: what are they and should you see a doctor?

By Joe Pinkstone For Mailonline

Published: 14:53 EDT, 17 March 2020 | Updated: 20:45 EDT, 17 March 2020

People with Type A blood are significantly more likely to catch coronavirus than those with Type O, Chinese academics have found.

The study in Wuhan - the epicentre of the disease - also found those with Type A blood are more likely to die from COVID-19.

In the general population Type O blood (34%) is more common than A (32%). However, among COVID-19 patients, people with Type O accounted for just 25%, whereas Type A made up 41%.

People with Type O blood made up a quarter (25 per cent) of deaths in the research. Normally, Type O people make up 32 per cent of people in Wuhan.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8122493/People-Type-blood-likely-catch-coronavirus.html?ito=facebook_share_article-facebook_preferred-top&fbclid=IwAR0Yr1XbVYgWcSL5f5gPEK3lyzyc8XjlkuCyyCdzzpk2cZR60N9EVlrWgWs
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
A peculiar correlation, but not a particularly strong one.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

Yay, I finally have something going for me!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I saw this yesterday and almost pooped myself. Then I realized it really doesn’t have enough numbers or information to be definite.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mountaineer

I saw this yesterday and almost pooped myself. Then I realized it really doesn’t have enough numbers or information to be definite.
Like just about every other statistic we've been seeing, it may be completely irrelevant.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GrouchoTex

Type A with COPD here.

This news just keeps getting better by the day!

:cool:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Type A with COPD here.

This news just keeps getting better by the day!

:cool:
Aw, don't feel bad.  I'm type O, but I have 3 heart stents, on a statin that seems to be the culprit of my BP rising to crisis levels at any given time, and now I found out I'm pre-diabetes ... yet...I need to stay on the statin -- so they tell me.  So ... I have 3 issues that are likely to cause fatality if I get this virus.  I have some other health issues as well in addition to that mess. Cheers!  Aging is such fun!!!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 04:02:49 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.