Author Topic: Volunteers Get 1st Coronavirus Vaccine Test Shots  (Read 367 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Volunteers Get 1st Coronavirus Vaccine Test Shots
« on: March 16, 2020, 07:25:38 pm »
16 March 2020 01:11 PM

Pharmacist Michael Witte, left, gives Rebecca Sirull,  a shot in the first-stage safety study clinical trial of a potential vaccine for the COVID-19 coronavirus on Monday at the Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute in Seattle. She is the third volunteer to get the shot. (Ted S. Warren/AP

U.S. researchers gave the first shot to the first person in a test of an experimental coronavirus vaccine Monday — leading off a worldwide hunt for protection even as the pandemic surges.

With a careful jab in a healthy volunteer’s arm, scientists at the Kaiser Permanente Washington Research Institute in Seattle begin an anxiously awaited first-stage study of a potential COVID-19 vaccine developed in record time after the new virus exploded from China and fanned across the globe.

“We’re team coronavirus now,” Kaiser Permanente study leader Dr. Lisa Jackson said on the eve of the experiment. “Everyone wants to do what they can in this emergency.”

The Associated Press observed as the study’s first participant, an operations manager at a small tech company, received the injection inside an exam room. Three others were next in line for a test that will ultimately give 45 volunteers two doses, a month apart.

more
https://www.newsmax.com/health/health-news/virus-outbreak-vaccine/2020/03/16/id/958535/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: Volunteers Get 1st Coronavirus Vaccine Test Shots
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 07:38:13 pm »
16 March 2020 01:11 PM

Pharmacist Michael Witte, left, gives Rebecca Sirull,  a shot in the first-stage safety study clinical trial of a potential vaccine for the COVID-19 coronavirus on Monday at the Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute in Seattle. She is the third volunteer to get the shot. (Ted S. Warren/AP

U.S. researchers gave the first shot to the first person in a test of an experimental coronavirus vaccine Monday — leading off a worldwide hunt for protection even as the pandemic surges.

With a careful jab in a healthy volunteer’s arm, scientists at the Kaiser Permanente Washington Research Institute in Seattle begin an anxiously awaited first-stage study of a potential COVID-19 vaccine developed in record time after the new virus exploded from China and fanned across the globe.

“We’re team coronavirus now,” Kaiser Permanente study leader Dr. Lisa Jackson said on the eve of the experiment. “Everyone wants to do what they can in this emergency.”

The Associated Press observed as the study’s first participant, an operations manager at a small tech company, received the injection inside an exam room. Three others were next in line for a test that will ultimately give 45 volunteers two doses, a month apart.

more
https://www.newsmax.com/health/health-news/virus-outbreak-vaccine/2020/03/16/id/958535/

This is progress. Praying that this vaccine will prove effective. I'm wondering if everyone will be mandated to get this just like the polio vaccine or the MMR vaccine??  Kids now get the MMR vaccine -- I had measles, mumps, German measles, 3-day measles chickenpox, scarlet fever, and I think roseola when I was a kid. I don't remember any panic back then.  All I remember is I had to stay in bed and couldn't play outside -- that was like a death sentence!   I'm so glad I live in a warm climate -- at least I can walk my local parks and go outside in my yard to putz in my butterfly garden. I need to pick up some more milkweed for the monarchs, but I don't want to venture out to the store -- it's starting to come back anyways after the caterpillars at my leaves.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Volunteers Get 1st Coronavirus Vaccine Test Shots
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 07:40:55 pm »
This vaccine candidate, code-named mRNA-1273, was developed by the NIH and Massachusetts-based biotechnology company Moderna Inc. There’s no chance participants could get infected from the shots because they don’t contain the coronavirus itself.

It’s not the only potential vaccine in the pipeline. Dozens of research groups around the world are racing to create a vaccine against COVID-19. Another candidate, made by Inovio Pharmaceuticals, is expected to begin its own safety study — in the U.S., China and South Korea — next month.

This vaccine was developed with at least partial government funding. But Trump's Feds aren't doing anything. :sarc:

Here's Kaiser Permanente Washington Research Institute's news article about this milestone, https://www.kpwashingtonresearch.org/news-and-events/recent-news/news-2020/kaiser-permanente-launches-coronavirus-vaccine-study-seattle . And now to add this to the timeline thread.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 07:45:13 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.