Author Topic: America's Democracy Will Not Be Put into Quarantine  (Read 158 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
America's Democracy Will Not Be Put into Quarantine
« on: March 15, 2020, 06:07:04 pm »
March 15, 2020
America's Democracy Will Not Be Put into Quarantine
By João Lemos Esteves

The coronavirus is a threat that the U.S. -- and the entire world -- is facing at the moment. This problem is much broader than a public-health issue; from our perspective, it is above all a political, social, and economic issue that demands resolute action. From an overall perspective, I do believe that President Trump has dealt well with this unfortunate event which the Chinese Communist Party offered to all of us.

The most relevant aspect to stress is that President Trump decided according to the mandate he received from the American people – first and foremost, all the measures to be taken aims to protect the people; American safety first. Secondly, President Trump announced some protective measures to tackle the economic side-effects provoked by the CoVid-19 outbreak, which includes some tax measures to internalize the negative externalities of the virus caused to American people’s lives. Some might argue that these measures are not philosophically ideal or what we would select as our best option -- however, under such circumstances there are no best solutions; we are limited to determining the possible least worst solution on the table.

Therefore, regardless of our political standing and core beliefs, the calibration of tax mechanisms to help American families getting through this rough challenge is a positive and bold step forward made by the Trump administration to fulfill the goal of American well-being. The important thing here is, from our perspective, to make sure that this exceptional moment is not used as a justification to revive -- or even expedite -- old formulas of big government at the expenses of individual liberties. Taking into account President Trump’s record on fighting against red tape, useless bureaucracy, and coercive power structures, there is plenty of evidence to make American people comfortable enough knowing that the destruction of the Chinese communist party virus will not mean a resurrection of a communist-like (viral) administrative state.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/03/america_democracy_will_not_be_put_into_quarantine.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: America's Democracy Will Not Be Put into Quarantine
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 06:14:58 pm »
I certainly would not like to be the President right now.  I only hope that he continues to work with other World Leaders to combat this virus.  Using real information and keeping Americans informed.  I don't think anyone should be traveling right now.  Not even citizens.  It only takes one infected person.  That is the way plagues work.

And pray.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.