Author Topic: Tulsi Gabbard calls for giving Americans $1K a month during coronavirus outbreak  (Read 3578 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Romney proposes giving $1K to every US adult amid coronavirus
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2020, 03:33:21 pm »
Thank goodness we have a deficit hawk like President Trump to guard against reckless spending.

Trump is not the topic of this thread.   :shrug:

Romney's treachery is.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2020, 03:35:16 pm »
Nor do I.  But if I had to choose between this, and what the Fed has already done, I choose this.  $300 billion directly into the economy v. $1.5 trillion to banks?  I'll take the cheaper option.
(And citizens only!)

Yeah, I'm pretty pissed off about the Fed's actions, and the $700B shot in the arm for the Bigs.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online LMAO

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2020, 03:54:42 pm »
Wouldn’t people who got laid off qualify for unemployment, anyways?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2020, 04:04:29 pm »
Trump is not the topic of this thread.   :shrug:

Romney's treachery is.
Romney's $220 billion proposal is treachery and President Trump begging Congress for $850 Billion is off-topic.  Got it. 

Just checking, I'm on the conservative forum right @Cyber Liberty ?  From my POV Romney's proposal is unlikely to pass unless there is bipartisan support for it.  I'm anxious to see if some bill passes soon.  I'm wondering if a democrat who had been personally insulted by President Trump might not work as hard to get Trump out of this hole.  I know someone is thinking that proves the rats don't give a crap about us, past their re-elections, and I know that.  I just don't think the GOP does either.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 04:06:48 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2020, 04:07:33 pm »
Romney's $220 billion proposal is treachery and President Trump begging Congress for $850 Billion is off-topic.  Got it. 

Just checking, I'm on the conservative forum right @Cyber Liberty ?  From my POV Romney's proposal is unlikely to pass unless there is bipartisan support for it.  I'm anxious to see if some bill passes soon.  I'm wondering if a democrat who had been personally insulted by President Trump might not work as hard to get Trump out of this hole.  I know someone is thinking that proves the rats don't give a crap about us, past there re-elections, and I know that.  I just don't think the GOP does either.

There are literally hundreds of threads about Trump, and this one is not, so stop dragging Trump into every single argument.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2020, 04:08:55 pm »

Yes.  From my experience I can say it's not enough to keep a Mortgage satisfied.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2020, 04:32:38 pm »
There are literally hundreds of threads about Trump, and this one is not, so stop dragging Trump into every single argument.
OK.  Enjoy your Romney stomp.   :beer:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2020, 04:38:18 pm »
Yes.  From my experience I can say it's not enough to keep a Mortgage satisfied.   :shrug:

The part that sucks is that the Fed has already covered your mortgage with their mass money-printing exercise meaning that the banks won't go under in the event that you are unable to pay your mortgage.  Yet they will still charge you hefty penalties and eventually take your house away from you six months down the road.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2020, 04:48:49 pm »
OK.  Enjoy your Romney stomp.   :beer:

Will do!   :beer:

It's something a lot of Briefers can agree upon.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2020, 04:50:24 pm »
The part that sucks is that the Fed has already covered your mortgage with their mass money-printing exercise meaning that the banks won't go under in the event that you are unable to pay your mortgage.  Yet they will still charge you hefty penalties and eventually take your house away from you six months down the road.

I agree.  Banks were fined for that, but did the fines go towards helping injured parties?  No!  They went to the government. 9999hair out0000
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

My hunch is that anyone receiving government assistance; food stamps, unemployment, social security, disability, Medicare, Medicaid won't be receiving anything.  In other words; those who weren't working won't be considered impacted.

Trump wants to send Americans checks ‘immediately’ in response to coronavirus, Mnuchin says

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said Tuesday that the Trump administration wants to send checks to Americans “in the next two weeks” in an effort to help people cope with the economic fallout due to the coronavirus pandemic.

“We’re looking at sending checks to Americans immediately,” Mnuchin said during a press briefing from the White House. “Americans need cash now, the president wants to get cash now. I mean now—in the next few weeks.

As the White House held its press conference Tuesday -- with President Trump, Vice President Pence, Mnuchin and the coronavirus task force present -- the Dow rallied nearly 1,000 points, after sustaining historic losses on Monday.

“The president has instructed me we have to do this now,” Mnuchin added, though did not give specifics, except to say that the amount would be significant and that millionaires would not receive it.

Fox News has learned, however, that Mnuchin is pressing GOP senators for a package that would send $200 billion-plus of payments to Americans by early April...........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-wants-to-send-money-to-americans-in-next-two-weeks-amid-coronavirus-outbreak
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Woohoo! I'm goin to Olive Garden! Oh, wait...  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline EdinVA

So, when the congress passes one of their notorious big budgets, the market "crashes" because they don't like debt.... but when the administartion seeks big money to help the economy, then wall street likes it.... fickle?

Offline libertybele

Damn social distancing.  Maybe have it delivered or swoop by for pick up.

I don't think those that are in the group suggested to stay home are going to get squat anyways. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 08:55:50 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

I think you can still get takeout.  LOL

Personal opinion: if I received one of those checks, I'd find something better to do with it than Olive Garden.  The food there sucks. 

Offline roamer_1

I think you can still get takeout.  LOL

Personal opinion: if I received one of those checks, I'd find something better to do with it than Olive Garden.  The food there sucks.

Actually, I wouldn't know... We ain't got an Olive Garden...  :shrug:
I was playing to the meme...  happy77

Offline Applewood

Actually, I wouldn't know... We ain't got an Olive Garden...  :shrug:
I was playing to the meme...  happy77

LOL  Trust me.  You aren't missing anything.   happy77

Offline berdie

« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2020, 10:36:44 pm »

Sure. But I'm not sure if an establishment is temporarily closed and the employees are kept on the payroll, unpaid, if they qualify. :shrug:

I had this conversation a couple of hours ago with my brother who works for a temporarily closed restaurant/bar. Like he said, even if he drew unemployment it wouldn't begin to cover his bills.

Offline roamer_1

LOL  Trust me.  You aren't missing anything.   happy77

Oh I believe it... If it ain't a (Texas or KC) rib joint, a burger joint, or a country diner, I won't be there.
I like my ruts.  :laugh:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2020, 10:40:21 pm »

Do you mean 'anyways' or 'too'? Because I bet I know the answer out of DC...  *****rollingeyes*****

IOW, don't give em any ideas.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2020, 10:42:25 pm »
People who are self-employed aren't eligible for unemployment insurance (even though they pay into it).
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2020, 10:44:29 pm »
The Rats (like Romney) seem to think charity at the muzzle of a gun is virtuous.

With free cash flowing it also provides an incentive to keep this crisis going.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2020, 11:01:32 pm »
How much money would Romney donate to this effort from his own personal bank accounts ?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

Oh I believe it... If it ain't a (Texas or KC) rib joint, a burger joint, or a country diner, I won't be there.

I hear ya.  I'm really not a fan of chain restaurants.  Give me the local Mom-and-Pop greasy spoon joint any day.  Most of the time I get good homemade (not frozen or prepackaged) meals  for cheap. 

Offline libertybele

Definitely KC steaks can't be beat. As for ribs, we have a guy in the inner city that starts his grill/smoker first thing in the morning ... he feeds those in his neighborhood.  He doesn't have a restaurant front and I've never had the nerve to stop and ask him if I could try some.  Best bq I've had was at an old (slanted floors and tables) restaurant shack in Memphis.  Fall of the bone, melt in your mouth, honest to goodness all day b'que.