Author Topic: Tulsi Gabbard calls for giving Americans $1K a month during coronavirus outbreak  (Read 3598 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democratic presidential candidate Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) called for introducing a universal basic income (UBI) of $1,000 a month until coronavirus "no longer presents a public health emergency."

"Most Americans don't have that safety emergency bank account even for a short term, what to speak of if you're talking about weeks, or in this case people are looking at potentially months," Gabbard said in an interview on Hill.TV.

Her proposal, H.R. 897, would give a UBI of $1,000 per month to all adult Americans “until COVID-19 no longer presents a public health emergency.”

The idea of a UBI of $1,000 a month was made popular by former Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang, who made the program a centerpiece of his campaign.

Coronavirus has killed at least 40 Americans and there are more than 1,700 cases nationwide as of Friday morning, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.

The spread of the virus has sparked wide concerns about the economy, leading to the cancellation of numerous events and conferences.

Gabbard remains in the presidential though her campaign is widely seen as unviable. Former Vice President Joe Biden has built a wide lead in the delegate count for the Democratic nomination followed by his chief rival Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/487471-tulsi-gabbard-proposes-ubi-amid-coronavirus-crisis
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Sigh. Just when I start thinking Tulsi Gabbard is the most sane of the lot.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The scary thing is that she is!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The scary thing is that she is!

:thumbsup:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

Should I be afraid to learn from what body orifice she pulled that number?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Very. :cool:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
This is great news! I'm going to spend my $1000 on TP and resell it on eBay - 25 cents per square or 3 for $1, free shipping on orders over $100. I can turn that $1000 into $100K faster than HRC with her pork belly futures, and won't even have to waste all that time reading the WSJ...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is great news! I'm going to spend my $1000 on TP and resell it on eBay - 25 cents per square or 3 for $1, free shipping on orders over $100. I can turn that $1000 into $100K faster than HRC with her pork belly futures, and won't even have to waste all that time reading the WSJ...

You'll clean up!
I will NOT comply.

Offline mrclose

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline mountaineer

From Andrew Yang's something-or-other ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Long before I would ever pay those prices I'll just go to wash cloths and the holding and washing system I did with cloth diapers or/and a bidet seat for the commode.

Offline cato potatoe

Keep in mind the deficit was running at a trillion dollars a year before this happened.  $3.8 trillion in revenue, $4.8 trillion in expenditures.  21% of the budget was debt financed. 

Now, let's do some back of the hand projections.  Revenues fell by 17% in the 2008 recession.  An equivalent number would be $630 billion.  I'll be conservative and use $500 billion. 

We have a $1.5 trillion deficit and these fools are talking about spending more money.

Offline roamer_1

We have a $1.5 trillion deficit and these fools are talking about spending more money.

Add another 700B in the current coronavirus omnibus....

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Romney proposes giving $1K to every US adult amid coronavirus
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2020, 04:21:51 pm »
Romney proposes giving $1K to every US adult amid coronavirus
By Jordain Carney - 03/16/20 12:00 PM EDT

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) on Monday proposed giving $1,000 to every American adult as lawmakers scramble to try to bolster the U.S. economy amid growing concerns over the coronavirus.

Romney outlined a handful of proposals on Monday, saying that while the Senate should take up the House-passed coronavirus package, Congress also needs to start working on additional steps.

"We also urgently need to build on this legislation with additional action to help families and small businesses meet their short-term financial obligations, ease the financial burden on students entering the workforce, and protect health workers on the front lines and their patients by improving telehealth services," Romney said in a statement.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/487794-romney-proposes-sending-1000-to-every-american-adult-amid-coronavirus
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

Re: Romney proposes giving $1K to every US adult amid coronavirus
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2020, 04:35:06 pm »
He's free to write the check on his account.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2020, 04:36:28 pm »
A day late and a dollar short -- didn't Tulsi Gabbard suggest that already?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2020, 04:37:47 pm »
He agrees with Tulsi Gabbard.  Shocking.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2020, 04:38:26 pm »
A day late and a dollar short -- didn't Tulsi Gabbard suggest that already?

GMTA. 888high58888
I will NOT comply.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2020, 04:40:30 pm »
Isn't this going to cost $210B, on top of the $1.5T deficit we can expect for the fiscal year?  I hate to be the party pooper.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2020, 05:00:00 pm »
Spoken like a true Democrat.

Don't go away mad, Mitt.  Just go away.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2020, 05:03:06 pm »
Idiot.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2020, 05:20:45 pm »
Why not, half of the republicans in the House voted for that Corona bumbling bill that gave everything else the democrats wanted...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Idiot

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2020, 05:29:24 pm »
This is a GREAT idea!  How about he pays for it personally.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2020, 05:33:07 pm »
The problem with something like this is, once people start getting it, it’s going to  be hard to take it away even after the coronavirus scare is over
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2020, 05:56:23 pm »
Isn't this going to cost $210B, on top of the $1.5T deficit we can expect for the fiscal year?  I hate to be the party pooper.

...you forgot about adding to the billions that Congress just proposed to combat this virus.

Did I mention that zero countries have purchased our 30 year treasuries when they went on sale?  Zero.  No one.  We are too much in debt.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.