Author Topic: WSJ/NBC Poll: Trump Approval Unchanged in Coronavirus Outbreak  (Read 322 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joel B. Pollak 15 Mar 2020

A new poll by the Wall Street Journal and NBC News finds that approval of President Donald Trump remains unchanged since the start of the coronavirus outbreak, though only 48% have confidence in him to manage it.

The Journal reported Sunday morning:

The survey of 900 registered voters found little sign that a crisis with potential to define the 2020 election has altered the political standing of President Trump. Some 51% disapprove of how he is handling the virus outbreak, while 45% approve. That is nearly identical to his overall job-approval rating, which is essentially unchanged from last month and from much of his tenure as president.

Republicans and Democrats hold nearly inverse views on his emergency response, with 81% of GOP voters saying he has done well and 84% of Democrats saying the opposite. Among independents, 43% approve and 52% disapprove.

…

Fewer people in the survey said they had confidence in Mr. Trump to handle the crisis than they did in various levels of government. Less than half—48%—said they had a fair amount or great deal of confidence in the president. By comparison, 62% had confidence in the federal government, 72% in local government and 75% in their state government.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/15/wsj-nbc-poll-trump-approval-unchanged-in-coronavirus-outbreak/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: WSJ/NBC Poll: Trump Approval Unchanged in Coronavirus Outbreak
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 03:19:42 pm »
Shocking news, this.  I'm sure there were questions like, "Does Trump's proven incompetence affect your perception of his handling of this world-ending crisis?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 03:23:44 pm »
I don't know why the President is crowing about his 45% approval.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 03:58:02 pm »

I wouldn't.  But then, I once worked for a CEO who was so proud he got a write-up in Money magazine he emailed the link to all 100K employees.  So proud, in fact, he failed to notice they gave him a C-minus and was likely to run his father's company into the ground.  The article was dead-on accurate, too.  Remember Motorola?  :rolling:

Something about massive egos make that sort of thing inevitable, I suppose. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 11:41:22 pm »

Because nearly all these polls have a Lefty bias...but even so...the poll shows approval holding steady. Which means the relentless Lefty/MSM campaign to politicize this virus against him has found no traction. And that is very good news indeed.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain