Author Topic: Coronavirus takes toll on Capitol Hill  (Read 367 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Coronavirus takes toll on Capitol Hill
« on: March 14, 2020, 08:50:07 pm »
Coronavirus takes toll on Capitol Hill
By Jordain Carney and Olivia Beavers - 03/14/20 02:00 PM EDT

The coronavirus is taking a toll on Capitol Hill, as lawmakers begin reshaping day-to-day life and scramble to try to stop the spread of the quickly moving disease.

For many, the matter is increasingly hitting close to home. There are growing reports that constituents have contracted the virus, several lawmakers have self-quarantined and one staffer announced they tested positive for COVID-19.

While most lawmakers did not publicly project any fears, many quietly questioned how long it will be until the first member of Congress tests positive for the virus.

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) told The Hill that it “wouldn't’ surprise me” if a lawmaker contracts the disease, adding, “we are obviously very public figures, in touch with a lot of people, literally and physically.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/487526-coronavirus-takes-toll-on-capitol-hill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Coronavirus takes toll on Capitol Hill
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 08:56:10 pm »
Senator Rick Scott is self-isolating himself among others we have heard about.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tucker-carlson-was-also-in-room-with-infected-bolsonaro-aide-who-caused-rick-scott-others-to-self-quarantine

Even Tucker Carlson was apparently in that room.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 01:06:24 am »

The coronavirus is taking a toll on Capitol Hill, as lawmakers begin reshaping day-to-day life and scramble to try to stop the spread of the quickly moving disease.

"Quickly moving."  Stop it!  55 deaths to date.  2017-2018 flu season deaths totaled 80,000
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 01:10:02 am »
"Now is the time for social distancing,"

You mean like liberals getting all those abortions, in Darwin Award fashion?
Like liberals turning homosexual or even transgender?  Like that "social distancing" which takes their genes out of the pool?
How about all the liberal abortions - a million a year?  Lots of social distancing there.
Atheist Leftists remain single at twice the rate of people of faith, so there is social distancing in many ways.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 01:38:32 am »

"Quickly moving."  Stop it!  55 deaths to date.  2017-2018 flu season deaths totaled 80,000

So, I am looking at this and saying it makes it look insignificant.  So who is gaining from Coronavirus hype?  Why would the President give Nancy and the Democrats all that money?  And if it is all a worldwide bigly hoax is the President in on it?  Is it the Rothchild's manipulating the World Economy?

Yeah, I am sort of thinking that Trump is going to be the villain, and victim of the Democratic attacks.  He is going to come out on top once again, and any criticism will end up being the best thing that had happened to him.  Meanwhile we all can't even find a pack of toilet paper.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.