Author Topic: Does Anyone Get The Feeling ...  (Read 1310 times)

Offline mortarman

Does Anyone Get The Feeling ...
« on: March 14, 2020, 03:41:32 pm »
...that this hysteria over this s'posed "pandemic" is a push by the Left-wing Fascist Agenda to impose martial law?

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline skeeter

Re: Does Anyone Get The Feeling ...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 03:52:34 pm »
I'm not sure they've thought it through yet. Regardless, they definitely plan on using the crisis in some way to effect a political outcome.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 03:54:52 pm »
I don't mind entertaining the notion but it's all over the world,  how about the nightmares in Iran, Italy?  I don't even include China at this point, fine.  One can harbor thoughts, they may well have created this to begin with.

And I'd say trusted voices are discussing this, Ted Cruz self-isolates, what Senator Cotton has said.

Why is Cotton at the fore on this issue among, at least, Senators? 

My unproven theory is sometimes, the leadership, it be McConnell or whomever,  hands out duties and works as a team.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 04:06:14 pm »
Also, reading some of what's out there, there's probably .001 % of a chance, this is a biowar.

Senator Cotton tweeted,  China effectively "unleashed" this on the rest of the world.  Perhaps, being dismissive of what it's affect is,  is good for the Chinese.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 04:27:11 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 04:30:37 pm »
I'm not sure they've thought it through yet. Regardless, they definitely plan on using the crisis in some way to effect a political outcome.

It certainly is a lesson on how easy it would be to implement... with a panicked, hysterical population cheering.

What a disappointment.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 04:35:00 pm »
It certainly is a lesson on how easy it would be to implement... with a panicked, hysterical population cheering.

What a disappointment.

The is a midwestern state - forgot which - who's legislature is proposing gun related restrictions as part of their anti-virus response. I expect more of this.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 04:37:42 pm »
The is a midwestern state - forgot which - who's legislature is proposing gun related restrictions as part of their anti-virus response. I expect more of this.

Sure - Never let a crisis go to waste...

I just didn't think the American people were so very gullible.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2020, 04:37:45 pm »
I'm not so sure it's just the lefties who want to impose tyranny on us simple folk.    The "quarantine" in New Rochelle with the National Guard in place has me spooked.  Yes, it's the idea of that idiot lefty, Cuomo, but I'm also suspicious of the so-called conservatives on the right.  How do I know they won't want to try to do something similar or maybe even more drastic?

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2020, 04:38:30 pm »
...that this hysteria over this s'posed "pandemic" is a push by the Left-wing Fascist Agenda to impose martial law?

When the mass cancellations started in earnest, the first thing I thought was "totalitarianism has arrived in the name of public health."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2020, 05:05:08 pm »
Yes, and every government in the world too, is in this to fool the peasantry,  Russia, China, the UK,  Canada, all are spooked by this. That is some conspiracy and if China is responsible for dumping this on the whole world, so what?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2020, 05:20:27 pm »
I may differ from some here, but I think the cancellations of large groups (by suggestion, not by being forced) are a good thing.

As long as the decisions are being made by private individuals (like pastors, for one), I have no problem with it.

While this is an unknown, I think it's wise to be careful. 

The left is most certainly taking advantage of this for political gain, and the media hype is way over the top, but they're merely exacerbating the situation, not actually causing it.

I'm not completely surprised by the hysterical reaction from the masses, though.  Just predict a snowstorm for the weekend, and crazy people buy out the stores on Friday.

I think a lot of it is just human nature, and not necessarily government controlled chaos.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2020, 05:24:00 pm »
I may differ from some here, but I think the cancellations of large groups (by suggestion, not by being forced) are a good thing.

As long as the decisions are being made by private individuals (like pastors, for one), I have no problem with it.

While this is an unknown, I think it's wise to be careful. 

The left is most certainly taking advantage of this for political gain, and the media hype is way over the top, but they're merely exacerbating the situation, not actually causing it.

I'm not completely surprised by the hysterical reaction from the masses, though.  Just predict a snowstorm for the weekend, and crazy people buy out the stores on Friday.

I think a lot of it is just human nature, and not necessarily government controlled chaos.

"Never let a good stampede go to waste!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2020, 05:25:32 pm »
"Never let a good stampede go to waste!"

For sure............. but the stampedes occur on Black Friday as well, do they not?

(Just usually for toys and electronics, and not toilet paper!  happy77)

Human nature.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2020, 05:31:34 pm »
For sure............. but the stampedes occur on Black Friday as well, do they not?

(Just usually for toys and electronics, and not toilet paper!  happy77)

Human nature.

Yes, it is.

They're talking about "domestic travel restrictions."  Hopefully not before we get back home from the GOP fundraiser in Laughlin, NV.
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2020, 05:32:26 pm »
It may be over-the-top exploitation of the issue but Coronavirus is highly contagious, I saw some actuarial draft that if left unchecked,  half of us could get it per its projectory.  But that won't happen because this would be in July, winter ends and the flu season largely ends.

Another thing, one of the articles I saw said, eventually, it can mutate, it can get weaker and fizzle out like the common cold but it could also get stronger and deadlier.

Of, course, over and over, I say look at what other countries are doing, this is ignored. Fine, it really doesn't fit into the conspiracy, this is world wide.

That Canada, Venezuela, everywhere is shutting down some, just isn't tinfoil territory.

Yes, of course, this issue can be exploited by leftists to control our lives, I don't really see that yet. Case in point, NY state is goiing to keep it's schools open, NYC or something, I just saw it on the ticker. That would be the heartland of liberalism.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 05:34:19 pm by TomSea »

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2020, 05:53:15 pm »

No.  More of just a way to force DJT out of office. 

Another Briefer here brought up a good point of how the Governor of NY yesterday slipped and said this thing could go on another 8 or 9 months.  Impeccable timing for crisis resolution I tell ya.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 05:55:25 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2020, 06:09:30 pm »

No.

Just for starters, a guy they despise is President.  Why would they want to give him those kind of powers?  Republicans also control a majority of governorships. 

Offline LMAO

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2020, 06:12:53 pm »

No
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2020, 06:15:13 pm »
Yes, it is.

They're talking about "domestic travel restrictions."  Hopefully not before we get back home from the GOP fundraiser in Laughlin, NV.

They'll let you go home from wherever you are.

A lot of the problem is severe confusion in the messaging.

The restriction of travel to and from Europe at first sounded like it was for Americans and not foreign nationals.  That set about panic in the airline industry and in those who already had tickets to go to Europe (and hopefully come home!)

IOW, don't worry about it.  It's just more confusion to add to the already existent chaos......

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2020, 06:16:54 pm »

Impossible.

None of the factors are in place that make this a push by the leftwingers to impose martial law.

The theory makes absolutely no sense.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2020, 06:35:51 pm »
When fear flourishes, paranoia stands right behind it, as several posts loudly confirm.
Pandemics such as the Bubonic Plague, which killed at least 75 million, was the
consequence of not burying/burning dead animals which were left to rot, then feasted
on by insects which infected Europe.
The Spanish Influenza, which killed at least 35 million, resulted from the trenches
which were the bedroom, bathroom and mess-hall of the Great War soldiers.
All medical catastrophes are the consequence of Man's incompetence in protecting 
himself, his family and friends.
The notion that CoVir is some sorta leftist conspiracy is the yip-yap of toddlers.
When Man ignores good sense, Mother Nature is there to teach him a hard lesson.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 06:36:41 pm by Absalom »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2020, 06:38:05 pm »
When fear flourishes, paranoia stands right behind it, as several posts loudly confirm.
Pandemics such as the Bubonic Plague, which killed at least 75 million, was the
consequence of not burying/burning dead animals which were left to rot, then feasted
on by insects which infected Europe.
The Spanish Influenza, which killed at least 35 million, resulted from the trenches
which were the bedroom, bathroom and mess-hall of the Great War soldiers.
All medical catastrophes are the consequence of Man's incompetence in protecting 
himself, his family and friends.
The notion that CoVir is some sorta leftist conspiracy is the yip-yap of toddlers.
When Man ignores good sense, Mother Nature is there to teach him a hard lesson.

When fear and paranoia flourish, conspiracy theories also
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2020, 06:39:34 pm »
No, I don't think this was orchestrated to impose martial law.  I do suspect that this virus was bio engineered in China and was spread be it by accident or intentional.  The Chinese government delayed telling the rest of the world and that is why we are now seeing a pandemic.  Thankfully, our President had the foresight to close off travel from that area when he did. 

IF indeed this virus was intentionally spread by the Chinese, it was aimed specifically at the elderly to lessen the economic burden that they impose on their economy. I see the Chinese targeting their elderly as plausible; they have committed violations against humanity before.

Where is the U.N. response in all of this??
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2020, 06:48:31 pm »
Folks, you all know I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories, but I do admit that some form of tyranny could conceivably be imposed.  A lot will depend on all of us and what we are willing to accept.  People have been willing to give up their rights for some sense of safety and security, if the tyranny to be imposed is sold as a security measure.   So we can't be smug in the notion that "it can't happen  here" -- because it can.  We have to be vigilant and raise hell if something these government bums want to do isn't right.