Author Topic: Reagan's Daughter: Trump 'Destroying More Than We Can Ever Rebuild'  (Read 1170 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This isn't the first time, she has said things like this.

Reagan's Daughter: Trump 'Destroying More Than We Can Ever Rebuild'
By Brian Freeman    |

Former President Ronald Reagan's daughter Patti Davis harshly criticized President Donald Trump in a Daily Beast column, writing "we will never save this democracy until we remember what it feels like to have as our president someone who puts democracy above personal, selfish interests."

Davis stressed the country is running the risk of "forgetting what the presidency is supposed to be, [because] we are so bombarded with the crudeness of Donald Trump, his cruelty and wanton disregard for the tenets of our Constitution, that the image of a president who has a moral compass, reveres our democracy and follows its laws is fading from our collective psyche."

Trump "may very well be destroying more than we can ever rebuild," Davis warned, writing that Republican senators, many in the Department of Justice and others who work in the White House, fear Trump's "wrath and his insatiable appetite for revenge."

Read more at: https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/patti-davis-ronald-reagan-never-trump-opinion/2020/02/19/id/954823/?gdpr_consent=&gdpr=false

Too bad...

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Reagan's Daughter: Trump 'Destroying More Than We Can Ever Rebuild'
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 03:43:36 am »
She is one more kook.  She did not like her father either, the pinhead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 03:51:31 am »
She is one more kook.  She did not like her father either, the pinhead.

She has always been a leftiist kook.

I think she would join in putting Hitler mustaches on Goldwater, Nixon, her father, Bush, Bush II, Trump etc.

Just like dems, media, #nevertrumpers

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DB

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 04:02:35 am »
I don't think that word means what you think it means...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 12:08:00 pm »
Davis stressed the country is running the risk of "forgetting what the presidency is supposed to be, [because] we are so bombarded with the crudeness of Donald Trump, his cruelty and wanton disregard for the tenets of our Constitution, that the image of a president who has a moral compass, reveres our democracy and follows its laws is fading from our collective psyche."

I couldn't have phrased it better.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 12:16:04 pm »
I couldn't have phrased it better.

What we are bombarded with are the lies, deception and obstruction from the liberal leftists, the MSM and the NeverTrumpsters.  I haven't forgotten what the presidency is all about because we do have a President that is a leader, exudes patriotism and has turned this country around in a more positive direction.     :patriot:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 12:39:00 pm »
What we are bombarded with are the lies, deception and obstruction from the liberal leftists, the MSM and the NeverTrumpsters.  I haven't forgotten what the presidency is all about because we do have a President that is a leader, exudes patriotism and has turned this country around in a more positive direction.     :patriot:
That ought to get President Trump re-elected.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 12:44:42 pm »
More hypocricy and misrepresentation by the MSM.

There are probably many younger people in this country, who don't realize that Ms. Davis has been an avowed ultra-left winger since day 1.  Just because she is RWR's daughter means nothing,
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2020, 12:54:00 pm »
She hated her Dad....... just like her brother did.

Reagan was a great President, but apparently not so hot as a father...
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2020, 01:28:36 pm »

:thumbsup:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2020, 01:53:39 pm »
Why would anyone want to rebuild anything Trump is destroying?  Personally I'm hoping for much more destroying of that nature in his second term.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2020, 02:02:14 pm »

She seems to recognize a moral compass, that reveres our democracy and follows its laws in her father.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2020, 02:17:52 pm »
Davis..."forgetting what the presidency is supposed to be, [because] we are so bombarded with the crudeness of Donald Trump, his cruelty and wanton disregard for the tenets of our Constitution, that the image of a president who has a moral compass

You mean like FDR, who had a long time love affair with his wife's best friend, or John Kennedy, who ushered in one woman after another into the White House to screw, or LBJ, who also had repeated affairs while in government, and last but not least the pedophile whore Bill Clinton, who abused a young intern named Monica, after having raped untold numbers of women, all the while having a wife that knew the truth yet attacked these women brutally with her nasty tongue.

The history of Dem presidents is illustrious with moral men...Ha!  The hypocrisy of the left is simply laughable.  And Davis was an idiot when her father was president.  She is an ignorant b*tch.  One more inconsequential clown in a country overloaded with them. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2020, 02:25:20 pm »
Davis stressed the country is running the risk of "forgetting what the presidency is supposed to be, [because] we are so bombarded with the crudeness of Donald Trump, his cruelty and wanton disregard for the tenets of our Constitution,

What a load of crap. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2020, 02:28:04 pm »
Why would anyone want to rebuild anything Trump is destroying?  Personally I'm hoping for much more destroying of that nature in his second term.

From the leftist perspective 'destroying' is exactly what Trump is doing. Hopefully he becomes a virtual wrecking ball in his second term.

BTW given Davis' known tendency to embarrass her parents she couldn't have done a better job of associating Trump with her father.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 02:32:05 pm by skeeter »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2020, 02:37:16 pm »
From the leftist perspective 'destroying' is exactly what Trump is doing. Hopefully he becomes a virtual wrecking ball in his second term.

BTW given Davis' known tendency to embarrass her parents she couldn't have done a better job of associating Trump with her father.

:yowsa:  888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2020, 02:47:40 pm »
Did her favorite "medical" MJ outlet get shut down due to the coronavirus?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2020, 02:57:38 pm »
Kinda funny Reagan's adopted son was the good apple.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2020, 02:59:10 pm »
Kinda funny Reagan's adopted son was the good apple.

Relatively speaking.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2020, 03:06:16 pm »
This apple fell far, far from the tree...into the yard next door of that hippie couple who teach art at the community college.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2020, 03:12:57 pm »
She seems to recognize a moral compass, that reveres our democracy and follows its laws in her father.

Don't think so.

She's probably trying to get her name back in the news since everyone has (rightfully) forgotten her.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2020, 04:36:06 pm »

So you hated Ronald Reagan too.  Good to know.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2020, 04:37:18 pm »

Patti and Ron Reagan are exhibits A and B in why nepotism is a bad idea.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2020, 04:56:18 pm »
Patti and Ron Reagan are exhibits A and B in why nepotism is a bad idea.

Seriously!!

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2020, 11:31:32 pm »
So you hated Ronald Reagan too.  Good to know.
Take a nap @Cyber Liberty .  You are babbling.