Author Topic: Susan Collins: Trump should 'step back' from coronavirus messaging  (Read 869 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Susan Collins: Trump should 'step back' from coronavirus messaging
By Jordain Carney - 03/13/20 07:44 PM EDT

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) said public health officials, not President Trump, should lead the administration's messaging on the coronavirus.

Collins, speaking to reporters in Maine, said the president should "step back" from the administration's public coronavirus messaging, which she characterized as "inconsistent" so far.

“I would like the president to step back and appoint one of our public health officials to be the spokesman as we go through dealing with this novel virus," Collins told reporters, according to the Portland Press Herald.

She added that “it is very important that health professionals be out front and that there be a consistent message."

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/487541-susan-collins-trump-should-step-back-from-coronavirus-messaging
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Susan Collins: Trump should 'step back' from coronavirus messaging
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 12:12:37 am »
Trump did fine today, what's her problem?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 12:53:47 am »

He did very well, except a couple of times when asked some questions from the press today, specifically as to being asked if he was being selfish because he didn't self quarantine after meeting with a dignitary from another country (Brazil, I think).  He deflected ok, and Pence took over and covered for him.

The President needs to address this country.  It is his JOB to lead and calm this country.  I think he did very well today, and Pence, whom I'm not real fond of did a great job today as well.   

Collins needs to shut her mouth and stand behind this President in this time of tremendous crisis! He needs the party to stand with him 100%.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 04:08:24 am »
And if Trump isn't out front on this then the liberals and media will attack him for hiding behind others. Yes Trump has to stay on message, that is the most important and the most difficult for him but also his job to lead the nation from the front anything else and...................Hell no matter what he does the liberals and the media will attack him while praising Joe Dementia for babbling bullshit.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 04:46:35 am »
And if Trump isn't out front on this then the liberals and media will attack him for hiding behind others. Yes Trump has to stay on message, that is the most important and the most difficult for him but also his job to lead the nation from the front anything else and...................Hell no matter what he does the liberals and the media will attack him while praising Joe Dementia for babbling bullshit.

Trump spins his wheels a lot at the beginning,  that's just how he is.   He's not a politician.   He was trying to be a politician in the beginning, and it doesn't work for him.   Just be Trump, and today he was Trump the businessman,  and that's when he's at his best. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 08:40:13 am »
I used to give President Trump credit for the people he selected to form his cabinet, but if he will not listen to them, or they will not speak freely when they disagree with the President, they are only valuable in covering his mistakes.  Trump can't step back from messaging, because nobody understands his message.  Only he can tweet it properly. 

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 08:51:42 am »
He did very well, except a couple of times when asked some questions from the press today, specifically as to being asked if he was being selfish because he didn't self quarantine after meeting with a dignitary from another country (Brazil, I think).  He deflected ok, and Pence took over and covered for him.

The President needs to address this country.  It is his JOB to lead and calm this country.  I think he did very well today, and Pence, whom I'm not real fond of did a great job today as well.   

Collins needs to shut her mouth and stand behind this President in this time of tremendous crisis! He needs the party to stand with him 100%.

@libertybele I think Collins is criticizing the President because her constituents in ME are voicing concern over what they perceive as a retard possibly enabling the deaths of thousands of American's to protect his own interests.  Hard as it is to believe some ME voters think President Trump is incompetent and evil.  In fact Maine has reliably voted for rat Presidents since 1992.

The other factor weighing on Collins' mind is she is going to be replaced in Nov by Democratic state House Speaker Sara Gideon, who we will likely prefer even less than Collins.

I think Collins may not care that she is hurting the President because she believes Trump is damaging the GOP (a party she used to believe in) by costing the GOP the US Senate in November, and costing her a job she believed was in the best interest, and in the service of the American people.  Of course maybe she is part of the all-powerful Deep State...they're all evil, hate Trump, and worship the destruction of their homeland.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 09:19:36 am by Once-Ler »

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 02:04:13 pm »
And leave the Dems' and MSM-shills' BS unanswered? Hell no! Collins - and many other R Congress-Critters - should be asked why she isn't helping answer the BS!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2020, 06:47:53 pm »
I used to give President Trump credit for the people he selected to form his cabinet, but if he will not listen to them, or they will not speak freely when they disagree with the President, they are only valuable in covering his mistakes.  Trump can't step back from messaging, because nobody understands his message.  Only he can tweet it properly.

I call bullshit on the first sentence.  Your sarcastic catch phrase for the past several years was "He hires only the best."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2020, 06:48:30 pm »

Her problem with it, is that he did fine.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2020, 08:42:07 pm »
--------------------------------
Once, respectfully.
Trump's appointments have been an unmitigated disaster from Sessions to Scaramouche
and for a very basic reason; he simply cannot judge either character or competence!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2020, 09:09:48 pm »
Cut Collins some slack.  She's in the political fight of her life ... and after her Kavanaugh and impeachment votes she's looking to put some distance between herself and the President.

Of all the things she could have said, this is pretty damn mild.  She will, however, ratchet it up if she has to.... so prepare yourselves for this.  Hopefully she's able to keep the Senate seat in the R column.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2020, 09:50:03 pm »
Once, respectfully.
Trump's appointments have been an unmitigated disaster from Sessions to Scaramouche
and for a very basic reason; he simply cannot judge either character or competence!
Respectfully, you would only be happy if he appointed somebody from your beloved Fertile Crescent.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2020, 10:01:11 pm »
Respectfully, you would only be happy if he appointed somebody from your beloved Fertile Crescent.

The crescent is fertile because of all the decaying bodies from the mass graves created by the lust for blood.
I will NOT comply.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2020, 10:19:19 pm »
Once, respectfully.

I just don't think he has much to choose from.   Good people don't want to get involved in politics anymore, especially to face the arrows from the Left.  Look at Kavanaugh.   I wouldn't have blamed him one bit if he stood up and said, "You know, I don't need this s...t!"

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2020, 12:17:06 am »
I call bullshit on the first sentence.  Your sarcastic catch phrase for the past several years was "He hires only the best."
Yes, When they're indicted or sentenced.  I also have praised his choice of Mike Pence, Jeff Sessions, and Nikki Haley among others.  I've also indicated my surprise and sadness that my former hero Rudy Giuliani turned out to be a slug. So with Guiliani I both supported his hiring, and condemned his later corruption.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 01:41:11 am by Once-Ler »

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2020, 12:20:53 am »
I just don't think he has much to choose from.   Good people don't want to get involved in politics anymore, especially to face the arrows from the Left.  Look at Kavanaugh.   I wouldn't have blamed him one bit if he stood up and said, "You know, I don't need this s...t!"
@dfwgator
There's some truth in what you write.  Additionally some good people do not want to be associated with IMPOTUS.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2020, 01:29:27 am »
----------------------------
Indeed I would.
If you should run into clones of Sargon and/or Hammurabi,
please get in touch immediately!!! Many tkx.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2020, 04:24:18 pm »
The crescent is fertile because of all the decaying bodies from the mass graves created by the lust for blood.
-----------------------------
During my days at Trinity in Dublin, long ago, there was always some
doofus in class seeking attention who would utter something akin to the above.
The Crescent was the Cradle birthing Ancient Greece and Rome who in turn
created Western Civilization, as our Founders Adams, Madison and Rutledge
among many, well understood. Suggest you try late nite stand-up.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2020, 04:29:25 pm »
-----------------------------
During my days at Trinity in Dublin, long ago, there was always some
doofus in class seeking attention who would utter something akin to the above.
The Crescent was the Cradle birthing Ancient Greece and Rome who in turn
created Western Civilization, as our Founders Adams, Madison and Rutledge
among many, well understood. Suggest you try late nite stand-up.

I prefer to keep my day job.  If I don't think something is humorous, why would I inflict that on innocent people?
I will NOT comply.