Author Topic: Dems vow Friday vote on coronavirus stimulus  (Read 245 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dems vow Friday vote on coronavirus stimulus
« on: March 13, 2020, 03:32:05 pm »
Dems vow Friday vote on coronavirus stimulus
By Mike Lillis and Scott Wong - 03/13/20 10:44 AM EDT

House Democratic leaders are pushing forward with a plan to vote Friday on sweeping legislation to provide financial help to victims of the fast-moving coronavirus.

Emerging from a leadership meeting in the office of Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), the Democrats said they haven't yet clinched a deal with GOP leaders, but the outstanding disagreements are so few that they're promising a vote on the package later in the day.

"It is largely done," said House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.). "We intend to move ahead today."

Pelosi has been leading the talks for the Democrats, negotiating furiously with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin for much of the week in search of a bipartisan compromise that can clear both chambers and be signed into law.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/487422-dems-vow-friday-vote-on-coronavirus-stimulus
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Dems vow Friday vote on coronavirus stimulus
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 03:47:51 pm »
The senate has to approve, right?  Let's hope Republicans there kill the giveaways.  However, frankly, I doubt they will.  It's a major election year and both partied want to schmooze the voters. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 03:50:39 pm »
The senate has to approve, right?  Let's hope Republicans there kill the giveaways.  However, frankly, I doubt they will.  It's a major election year and both partied want to schmooze the voters.

I don't think they can. If changed the bill goes back to the rats in the House.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 04:01:07 pm »
I don't think they can. If changed the bill goes back to the rats in the House.

And then back to the senate?  Well, anyway, it will pass one way or another.  And our tax dollars will once again be flushed down the toilet in the name of "stimulus" or "helping da poor."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 04:26:12 pm »
Do we know for sure if the Rats dropped the expansion of abortion funding?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: