Author Topic: A short interlude to discuss things that are going right about coronavirus in America  (Read 124 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
March 13, 2020
A short interlude to discuss things that are going right about coronavirus in America
By Andrea Widburg

When news gets depressing, there's a real temptation to hide under a blanket and not come out.  This desire is especially true when, as here, half the country is less interested in solving the problem and more interested in trying to destroy a presidency.  No matter what Trump says or does, he's raked over the coals, and Americans are told he's an inefficient bungler.

Even as it reports on government failures, the Democrat establishment seems blind to the fact that bureaucracy is inherently inefficient.  This intellectual blindness means that the Democrats are using panic to insist that all aspects of American life, including American medical care, should be subsumed into this painfully inefficient bureaucracy.

Yet good things are happening, and they're driven not by government, but by ordinary people making smart decisions.  Except for decisions about toilet paper.  Those are all silly decisions.

At the micro-level, individuals are internalizing the new rules for public conduct.  For many years, I've seldom seen people taking advantage of the sanitizing wipes that stores have made available for swabbing shopping cart handles.  Being a germophobe, I've always used them, but I got used to stares from people who obviously thought I was silly.  Today, though, at a very busy Walmart, every single person who entered the store wiped his cart handle.  This is a cultural change, and people enthusiastically made it.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/03/a_short_interlude_to_discuss_things_that_are_going_right_about_coronavirus_in_america.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Here is what is going right.... Alabama and Auburn's defense !

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....