Author Topic: Trump blames Obama for coronavirus testing issues, says 'changes have been made'  (Read 649 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump blames Obama for coronavirus testing issues, says 'changes have been made'
By Marty Johnson - 03/13/20 09:21 AM EDT

President Trump on Friday deflected blame for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) slow coronavirus testing process, saying former President Obama "made changes that only complicated things further."

“For decades the @CDCgov looked at, and studied, its testing system, but did nothing about it,” Trump tweeted.

"It would always be inadequate and slow for a large scale pandemic, but a pandemic would never happen, they hoped," he added. "President Obama made changes that only complicated things further."

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

For decades the @CDCgov looked at, and studied,  its testing system, but did nothing about it. It would always be inadequate and slow for a large scale pandemic, but a pandemic would never happen, they hoped. President Obama made changes that only complicated things further.....
5:22 AM - Mar 13, 2020

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/487404-trump-blames-obama-for-coronavirus-testing-issues-says-changes-have
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

The article focuses on Trump's accusation as if it's small minded, then goes on to prove Trump is right.

BTW the article is quoted as saying 'so far the only change' Trump has made has been to a rule regarding FDA involvement.

Then this comes out today: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/fda-grants-emergency-approval-for-coronavirus-test-that-could-speed-up-diagnostics-tenfold

I guess that single change Trump made was more significant than The Hill let on.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 03:25:29 pm by skeeter »

Offline PeteS in CA

BTW the article is quoted as saying 'so far the only change' Trump has made has been to a rule regarding FDA involvement.
I guess that single change Trump made was more significant than The Hill let on.

That "only change" has cleared the FDA/CDC bottleneck on producing testing kits. Which is why the MSM will (and already are) treat it as insignificant.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 07:14:58 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Applewood

Thing is, I really don't give an [expletive] whose fault it is.  I just want someone with knowledge and authority to fix what's wrong and be straight with us.  No finger pointing, no calling the virus a hoax, no politicizing, no grandstanding.  STFU and get to work.

Offline EdinVA

Thing is, I really don't give an [expletive] whose fault it is.  I just want someone with knowledge and authority to fix what's wrong and be straight with us.  No finger pointing, no calling the virus a hoax, no politicizing, no grandstanding.  STFU and get to work.

Both sides have to play by the same rules or you get your head beat in...

Offline skeeter

Who called the virus a hoax?

Offline Applewood

Who called the virus a hoax?

Allegedly, it was Trump.  Notice I used the word "allegedly."  When Trump talks off the cuff, half the time I have no idea what he's talking about.  He says things that are open to different interpretations.  And you know the media will pick the worst possible interpretation.  Naturally, his supporters will pick an interpretation that is rosy. 

It's why I would rather Trump stop with the public commentary.   He does not have to play the finger pointing game with the Democrats or the media. If a reporter questions him on the virus, he should demure to Pence, who he appointed to be in charge.  Or better yet, refer questions to those who know infectious diseases.  And stop blaming the virus on Obama, the Democrats, China or whoever the scapegoat du jour is.  This is politicking and that's something we don't need right now. 

Offline skeeter

Allegedly, it was Trump.  Notice I used the word "allegedly."  When Trump talks off the cuff, half the time I have no idea what he's talking about.  He says things that are open to different interpretations.  And you know the media will pick the worst possible interpretation.  Naturally, his supporters will pick an interpretation that is rosy. 

It's why I would rather Trump stop with the public commentary.   He does not have to play the finger pointing game with the Democrats or the media. If a reporter questions him on the virus, he should demure to Pence, who he appointed to be in charge.  Or better yet, refer questions to those who know infectious diseases.  And stop blaming the virus on Obama, the Democrats, China or whoever the scapegoat du jour is.  This is politicking and that's something we don't need right now.

He didn't call it a hoax. Nor did he blame it on Obama.

Hyperbole doesn't help you make your point, which is somewhat valid without it.

Offline PeteS in CA

He didn't call it a hoax. ...

What Trump called a hoax was the Dems' and their MSM-shills' alarmist narrative. So, as they have for nearly 5 years, the MSM and Dems lied about what Trump said.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Applewood

He didn't call it a hoax. Nor did he blame it on Obama.

Hyperbole doesn't help you make your point, which is somewhat valid without it.

Whatever you say.  Tired of arguing with the fans.  You can believe what he says or what you think he says.  I don't care.  I jut know I don't believe anything he or anyone else in government says about this virus.  Most of them don't know their backsides from a hole in the ground and all they do is spread lies, misinformation and accusations.  Thank you, but I will trust myself, not the guy in the White House or anyone else in DC.

Offline Absalom

After the Spanish Influenza of 1918 killed millions, medical/scientific policies and procedures
were established.
Would those same policies be effective today in combating this Virus?
Of course not, since 100 year old policies/procedures outlive their accuracy and timeliness,
so new ones must be established.
Those who want to assign blame for our unpreparedness should e-mail Mother Nature!!!

Offline dfwgator

So based on today's Presser you don't think Trump has been doing precisely that?   My God he looks like he hasn't slept in 36 hours.

Offline PeteS in CA

Whatever you say.  Tired of arguing with the fans.  ...

Is Snopes enough of a Trump non-fan for you to believe the simple fact that Trump did not call the coronavirus a hoax?! https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/